Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kandid Kandace

Redstone (And How It Should Work)

95 posts in this topic

Kind of a moot point with Redpower really, as its world gen code for volcanos was playing merry hell with TFC worldgen code last time I tryed it in 1.2.5. Had lava poping up all over the place like a rash. Hopefuly elloram will eventualy include a way to turn off her worldgen.

The last time I tried this, all the snw biome (Yes, they were biomes) was full of lots of small volcanoes.

As RP2 is separated in modules that don't need one each other (most of the times), you can have most of RP2 redstone features without experiencing world generation problems. Sorrily, she hasn't updated since MC 1.2.5... anyone knows why? :

Sorrily, she hasn't updated since MC 1.2.5... anyone knows why? :

Here is her twitter feed, says she is still working on it, but it looks like there were a host of issues with 1.3.2 and getting a working port took a while. Hopefully a 1.4.2 port will be up soon. :)

https://twitter.com/TheRealEloraam

As RP2 is separated in modules that don't need one each other (most of the times), you can have most of RP2 redstone features without experiencing world generation problems. Sorrily, she hasn't updated since MC 1.2.5... anyone knows why? :

Yes, but the machine module is the best part. And it's the only one who requires the world module. Coincidence?

Yes, but the machine module is the best part. And it's the only one who requires the world module. Coincidence?

I prefer the one-block logic gates and the unlimited* reach of the signal in the wires with no delay what so ever, and those don't need anything but the core module, so yeah :P lucky me. Until she gets the lamps to actually emit a light of their colour instead of just glowing in that colour, i won't be using the lighting module :

*i know it's not unlimited, but honestly, i find it hard to make something that REQUIRES the signal to travel 256 blocks away with absolutely no delay.

I prefer the one-block logic gates and the unlimited* reach of the signal in the wires with no delay what so ever, and those don't need anything but the core module, so yeah :P lucky me. Until she gets the lamps to actually emit a light of their colour instead of just glowing in that colour, i won't be using the lighting module :

*i know it's not unlimited, but honestly, i find it hard to make something that REQUIRES the signal to travel 256 blocks away with absolutely no delay.

Many people have fun with this making CPUs and RAMs in their PCs. I have fun with this making my base completely under my control.

I really just want the ability to make mechanisms in the game. My suggestion was random and off the top of my head. If Bioxx doesn't want redstone, that's fine; but I do want something similar, and I hope one gets added.

Once the game is ready for something like redstone, I believe that it would be most logical to implement something similar to Dwarf Fortress.

That is amazing! I think! I can't tell I was all excited now I can't find any info besides that it is an add-on (bummer) to a industrialcraft-ish mod and that it has some of the things we want but I can't tell how well they actually work there is no videos. And there is hardly any pictures either. What am I missing here? Is it really that far early in production yet they already have multiple releases?

Essentialy it works a little like buildcraft but without object transporting pipes.

• Pumps when powered suck up water
  • Water fills up the boiler
  • Fireboxes heat up the boiler and produce steam
  • steam is piped into the pistons
  • the pistons animate and turn the gear pipe things
  • the gear pipe things can be connected up in series to provide mechanical power
  • so far it seems to only provide mechanical power to the motor
  • the motor then produces universal eletrical energy, which can translate to redpower, buildcraft and industrialcraft devices.

All very neat, the animations could be smoother and the GUI interfaces could use some polishing, but it all works fine in 1.4.2 and doesnt seem to be physicaly incompatable with anything in TFC.

Overall if the mods gear pipes eventualy can apply mechanical power to other devices, rather than just use it to produce eletricial power, might have a great number of other applications. Such as connecting up waterwheels, or powering bellows for bloomerys and blast furnaces.

This mod and Railcrafts steam boiler and steam turbine are the first power sources for mechanical and eletrical energy that doesnt seem to weird for minecraft, (like solar power or disel engines).

I mainly prefer this mod to buildcraft, because the autoquarrys and item transporting pipes have never really appealed to me for addition to a TFC world.

It could do without the circuit boards, but cant have everything.

There was also this mod, for purely cosmetic purposes.

http://www.minecraft...ered-onoff-413/

However, as the mod author says, you can adjust the size and speed of the rotating images already though key commands. If the speed command could be given to it via other connected rotating entitys and connected blocks that produce mechanical energy units, then translated into mechanical power units for blocks which use those units when in contact with them, you might have somthing there.

Although water flow and wind power might be an entirly diffrent matter. This is more about translation from one multiblock machine to another and gearing rather than production, you'd still need BTW style mobile entitys for that.

Essentialy it works a little like buildcraft but without object transporting pipes.

• Pumps when powered suck up water
  • Water fills up the boiler
  • Fireboxes heat up the boiler and produce steam
  • steam is piped into the pistons
  • the pistons animate and turn the gear pipe things
  • the gear pipe things can be connected up in series to provide mechanical power
  • so far it seems to only provide mechanical power to the motor
  • the motor then produces universal eletrical energy, which can translate to redpower, buildcraft and industrialcraft devices.

All very neat, the animations could be smoother and the GUI interfaces could use some polishing, but it all works fine in 1.4.2 and doesnt seem to be physicaly incompatable with anything in TFC.

Overall if the mods gear pipes eventualy can apply mechanical power to other devices, rather than just use it to produce eletricial power, might have a great number of other applications. Such as connecting up waterwheels, or powering bellows for bloomerys and blast furnaces.

This mod and Railcrafts steam boiler and steam turbine are the first power sources for mechanical and eletrical energy that doesnt seem to weird for minecraft, (like solar power or disel engines).

I mainly prefer this mod to buildcraft, because the autoquarrys and item transporting pipes have never really appealed to me for addition to a TFC world.

It could do without the circuit boards, but cant have everything.

There was also this mod, for purely cosmetic purposes.

http://www.minecraft...ered-onoff-413/

However, as the mod author says, you can adjust the size and speed of the rotating images already though key commands. If the speed command could be given to it via other connected rotating entitys and connected blocks that produce mechanical energy units, then translated into mechanical power units for blocks which use those units when in contact with them, you might have somthing there.

Although water flow and wind power might be an entirly diffrent matter. This is more about translation from one multiblock machine to another and gearing rather than production, you'd still need BTW style mobile entitys for that.

AAAAAAHHHH THE DOUBLE POSTS, THEY BUUURRRRNNN!!!!!

Currently in vanilla, redstone is weird magic that powers things, in TFC i use them as decorative lights :) but i would like to see somekind of power in TFC somepoint, even by its made by other mods, like Universal Elecricity which EVEN now can be added to work with TFC, theres just minor things like Lapis required to elite circuits. But these things can be worked around by using NEI in ssp. There's quite many things unde UE gategories to pump up TFC to later eras :) Mechanics, steam, weel heck even atomic reactors if someone wants to, we have pitchblack in TFC you know, source to uranium ;)

Only major "problem" is lacking of vanilla iron :/ but maybe somhow to have wrought iron to equal normal iron in recipies??

Only major "problem" is lacking of vanilla iron :/ but maybe somhow to have wrought iron to equal normal iron in recipies??

You can enable vanilla iron recipes in the config files.

You can enable vanilla iron recipes in the config files.

Does this mean that i can use wrought iron for normal iron or du you just meant that i can enable vanilla recipes(which i already knew :) )

Does this mean that i can use wrought iron for normal iron or du you just meant that i can enable vanilla recipes(which i already knew :) )

You can change wrought iron with normal iron I think. And enable vanilla iron recipes.

ok :) trying it out soon as i get home :)

ok :) trying it out soon as i get home :)

Remeber to backup your saves.