Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Polnadian

Metamorphic Stone?

19 posts in this topic

I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere. Is it only underground? Is it only in certain biomes?

completly random, depending on your seed, oh and biomes do not exist in TFC.

Yeah, I've made 15 separate worlds, none of them containing any of the pretty metamorphic rocks on the surface. Would someone be so kind to supply me with a save that has ANY metamorphic stones nearby?

My world seed if full of Schist-- if that qualifies as a "pretty" metamorphic stone in your eyes (no offense, but I consider that to be the UGLIEST stone I've ever laid eyes on.)

Seed is 4189231688026372464. Go to X= -237, Z=-9922, and you'll have your fill of Schist in a hurry. Also a lot of zinc and copper around to start off your metalworking. Of course, if pretty means what I think it does (every metamorphic EXCEPT that one), you're still out of luck.

oh and biomes do not exist in TFC.

Please can we all create an unique word that means "biomes of TFC"?

Because no one can post the biome word, but sometimes we need to post something that means that. (in TFC language)

Because no one can post the biome word, but sometimes we need to post something that means that. (in TFC language)

Yeah, that's true.

Errr.... "Bioma"? ._:

yes, i just translated it to spanish, so what?!?!

You could just call them regions. It's how I refer to them in my head.

You could just call them regions. It's how I refer to them in my head.

Regions Where Time And Space Dimensions Change. The new word is: RWTASDC, easy to understand, easy to remember, the best word ever.

... i won't EVER remember such a thing .-.

F+ck it, i'm gonna call them "biomes" while refering to an specific zone with specific trees, rock types and wild life -__-

TFCbiomes, the new best word ever!!!!!!

Adding to this forum's dictionary :3

My world seed if full of Schist-- if that qualifies as a "pretty" metamorphic stone in your eyes (no offense, but I consider that to be the UGLIEST stone I've ever laid eyes on.)

Seed is 4189231688026372464. Go to X= -237, Z=-9922, and you'll have your fill of Schist in a hurry. Also a lot of zinc and copper around to start off your metalworking. Of course, if pretty means what I think it does (every metamorphic EXCEPT that one), you're still out of luck.

Schist would look GORGEOUS surrounded by Kapoks and other jungle-type flora (I'm trying not to say biome...).

What about "stratalithic locale"?

It's just a jumble of words I think I know, and I THINK it means "rock layer area"

No, because they are still biomes. "Biome" is not some made-up video game word. It refers to climate-determined communities of similar organisms. Plains, deciduous forest, boreal forest, tropical forest, are all examples of biomes that still exist in TFC. Right now I'm living in a temperate evergreen forest. I know this because of all they sequoias around (and because when I hit F3, the biome readout is still there and changes when I move to different biomes).

No, because they are still biomes. "Biome" is not some made-up video game word. It refers to climate-determined communities of similar organisms. Plains, deciduous forest, boreal forest, tropical forest, are all examples of biomes that still exist in TFC. Right now I'm living in a temperate evergreen forest. I know this because of all they sequoias around (and because when I hit F3, the biome readout is still there and changes when I move to different biomes).

Except TFC doesn't necessarilly have "biomes" anymore. Yes, the plants and trees in an area are dependant on the moisture and temperature, but on such a small scale and the equator and poles being 20 km apart, there aren't distinct enough differences in tree types.

Further, plant and animal "biomes" are now seperate from each rock layer. Your temperate evergreen forest probably overlaps a few different layer 1 rocks which over lap a few layer 2 and layer 3, none of which share the same boundaries. You can't say "biome" for rock because a rock is independent of climate.

I honestly would prefer pleistocene alluvials for areas of sedimentary rocks...

I have a great seed with tons of limestone, if that could be considered 'pretty.'

I know what we could call them! Geomorphologically differing areas. ;)

Schist would look GORGEOUS surrounded by Kapoks and other jungle-type flora (I'm trying not to say biome...).

Hmm. Haven't ever tried it. Of course, I tend against going all the way to equatorial regions to find out these days (easier on crop growth to stay in the temperate zones, has been my experience so far). Might be worth looking into if I ever feel like picking up stakes and rolling south.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0