Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Ditto8353

Gems

34 posts in this topic

idea get:

giant crystal/gem caverns

yknow with those massive crystals you would be able to mine out and have enough gems to eat for a lifetime

Awesome, more food sources :D

idea get:

giant crystal/gem caverns

yknow with those massive crystals you would be able to mine out and have enough gems to eat for a lifetime

Only if they are as rare and cool as real life ones. With so many ideas of "gems for magic" -including mines-, i doubt no dev will listen to them :

Other than that, i like it :3 a lot

I like gems just how they are. The make cool currency SMP, and are just awesome. Item frames on my walls with exquisite amethyst, chasing thieves who break my item frame and take my exquisite Amethyst, *content sight*

I like gems just how they are. The make cool currency SMP, and are just awesome. Item frames on my walls with exquisite amethyst, chasing thieves who break my item frame and take my exquisite Amethyst, *content sight*

... They make an horrible currency in SMP, you know, 'cause you get them randomly. I really don't remember why it was bad, but All those who do knew agreed it was a pretty bad option for currency :

They could be left with a aesthetic purpose, of course... but still, why do you get a f+ck ton of something that isn't always good aesthetically speaking, if it doesn't even have a real function (other than crafting the chunck protection meter)?

personally i always thought the idea of finding the gems needs some improvement, my thoughts are this

the higher quality gems require you to be at deeper levels, because irl bigger better gems come from deeper in the earth, unless you happen upon a vein that has been forced to the surface.

second certain gems will only come from certain rock types not so much specific like granite or marble or basalt but rather ignius, and metamorphic. such like that

this would not only make finding gems to be more realistic but also help establish a curancey system for mp servers should they choose to use gems. as well if you ever decided to make gems placeable or some such, this would substantiate more wealth.

if you want a really good book that is very descriptive to everyting rock related that has been used in tfc i recomend "Rocks and Minerals, a guide to field identification" by charles a sorrell

The problems of using something harvestable as currency has been discussed before in economy threads: in short, it leads to superinflation due to too many currency becoming more worthless every time more is harvested.

Other than that, this seems pretty much useless unless gems are given some function other than the protection meter. Therefore, this shouldn't be applied until it's actually needed.

Now that Detailed chisel mode added, I can dream of ability to craft gems into socketable gems, which we will be able to embed in our creations instead of chiseled out mini-blocks.

This has been discussed many times, I'm just so excited I found random gems topic and posted there without even reading anything. I shall do the reading now though.

Already suggested... I think?

we need gem pedestals, where you can see the gem in 3d