Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ZAKHAD

My own little lets play

12 posts in this topic

An attempt at a lets play; by some random british dude :P constructive feedback wanted.

Rate quailty vs praticailty sure everyone wants a 1080p but is it really nessercery for minecraft graphics?

Should I speak louder or raise the game volume up? The reason it's quite is to get rid of background static / pc fans.

Do u think im Drifting in my videos should I focus more on something? I aimming for a mix between a how to and a Lets play kinda a ill play the game and through that u will see how stuff is done

Uses mpg4 at 4k bitrate (decided that was a bad codec to use for 2gb file size) I didnt like this much

Uses WMW at 2.5k bitrate (very good size to quailty ratio 1gb) i think ill be sticking to this codec/format

I upload 1 hour long videos, I record in Fraps for video and Audacity for Sound sync them up using sony vages

The title is cool, Let's help you play! Also fraps is a good program. I have a tip for you: You can first make the video turning off the audio registration in fraps, then you start the video and you make an audio registration. You use movie maker to mount the audio and the video, that way you don't make chaos with the keys.

An attempt at a lets play; by some random british dude :P constructive feedback wanted.

Rate quailty vs praticailty sure everyone wants a 1080p but is it really nessercery for minecraft graphics?

No. YouTube 1080p is never necessary actually, because it's not true 1080p. 720 is the highest you should ever bother producing.

I will be watching/listening to this in about an hour whilst I play WoW...

No. YouTube 1080p is never necessary actually, because it's not true 1080p. 720 is the highest you should ever bother producing.

I will be watching/listening to this in about an hour whilst I play WoW...

Thanks, I didn't know this +1

Nice videos. Love the title as Wolf said. I like how you are keeping a nice tutorial kind of vibe. And Ditto, what do you mean by "not true 1080p"?

And Ditto, what do you mean by "not true 1080p"?

Maybe it is 1080i? Not sure though...

Last I heard, YouTube does not have true 1080p. That is all I know of it >.<

Suffiece to say u should notice the differnce between 720 and 1080p not in terms of HD but in a sense it does look abit better, but only on really high res games such as cyrsis, witcher, assassins creed etc. It really isn't worth the bandwidth for minecraft. If I want to improve quailty I increase the bitrate not the resolution I don't see the point in having 1920 1080 res on a 32 bit image (texture pack) :S, but thats my trail of thought I could be wrong. (if I used a 256 u could argue it :P)

Commented on your Ep2

when someone makes a comment i get like a text on my phone cus its connected to my google acc - lol i may end disabling that if i ever get popular anyways i can always dream eh ? :P

I like the vids, Zakhad. I always find it interesting how other perceive this mod. While it's not for everyone, im glad people at least give it a shot. I'm glad you like it. Vids like this always help!

I also get a big grin hearing how the music makes people feel. The track FirmaVista you said sounded depressing. Lol. It is supposed to give one the feeling of initial awe, as if they are seeing a vast, open landscape for the first time, and then the feeling of realization that it is you alone against the elements... Unless you are on a server.... Then I guess its just depressing. Hahaha! 8)

Going to be rebooting this as I updated. I always take a fresh approch by spawning a new world with updates. My current problem is im just abruptedly ending a series. In order to stop this random stop half way through a series, I'm going to try a objective based approach. in this every episode I'm gunna knock down 1 objective or more I will write up a compendium of objectives. I will also allow people on here to comment on what I should have; what u guys would like to see me do, or if I've done something wrong I can ammend the objective list. This is to give myself abit of a purpose in my videos and if I do have to restart I can just spawn most stuff in and carry on roughly where I was.

Compendium V1. 30/11/2012

Level 1 Objectives codename: ???

1. Gathering essential starting out supplies: Rocks, Sticks, Crops (plant food as they will disappear)

2. Crafting and hunting: Knapping some basic tools, getting myself a crafting table, hunting for some meat and leather for basic armor and bellows.

3. Finding a suitable building location: Looking through rocks to find surface metal Zinc/Tin/Bisth (not copper as it takes to long) once I've triangulated roughly where the the surface metal is. This gives me a idea where a good chance of finding my first ore mine below me.

4. Craft and cook: Making some torches and to cook some meat.

Level 2 Objectives codename: Mudshack

1. Finnish the House I plan on living in, and to start a charcoal pit also to start a Agriculture/Irrigation farm.

2. Crafting a Forge from the charcoal pitt to mass craft, torches and food.