Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Menoch

WARNING!!!

31 posts in this topic

I just contracted a virus from Adf.ly. My entire computer screen went grey whie downloading. 1.4.5 and it will not let me do anything or restart in safemode. I am writing this on my ipod but i would be careful dl'ing anything from there or the minecraft forums. My brand new pc is shit now until i can figure something out.

You have been warned.

Thanks Menoch and a +1 to you because you reported this virus. A big thanks from all the community!!!!!

Sorry to hear this Menoch :( thank you so much for the warning though!

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/09/27/computer-virusscam-hitting-computers-in-metro-area/

This is exactly what i got. My Pc is hosed and wouldnt you know it yesterday i got laid off due to lack of work. When it rains it pours man it really just never seems to stop.

But on the bright side, at least I still get to pay taxes! Yaaaaay.

So no TFC for me for a very long time... My music files are lost that i have been working on for the tfc soundtrack too.

This sucks monkey nads!!

http://denver.cbsloc...-in-metro-area/

This is exactly what i got. My Pc is hosed and wouldnt you know it yesterday i got laid off due to lack of work. When it rains it pours man it really just never seems to stop.

So no TFC for me for a very long time... My music files are lost that i have been working on for the tfc soundtrack too.

This sucks monkey nads!!

that virus is out in the world, we in europe got a different version of the same, basically, a reinstall is the only thing working, (thought they'd fixed that shit already

What? I's a virus, dangit. Boot up different OS, LiveCD, Linux, hunt down all files that being changed at time of infecting process and burn them. Do not run anything else.

Reinstall won't really help if you won't wipe its files.

What? I's a virus, dangit. Boot up different OS, LiveCD, Linux, hunt down all files that being changed at time of infecting process and burn them. Do not run anything else.

Reinstall won't really help if you won't wipe its files.

actually this type of virus (i've did SOME research into it) places itself in your windows boot files, (obviously since it blocks your screen on bootup) so you could circumvent it via a BootCD, the only other known solution is a reinstall of your boot files :D

actually this type of virus (i've did SOME research into it) places itself in your windows boot files, (obviously since it blocks your screen on bootup) so you could circumvent it via a BootCD, the only other known solution is a reinstall of your boot files :D

You probably gonna want to change boot system to GRUB or the like then. In fact, if you do so, you might be able to go without reinstall.

Yeah that's what people get when using Ad.fly. That's why I never ever use it If I can avoid it.

Hello people created an account just to reply to this. Ive encountered this Moneypak virus a few times and know how annoying it can be. This should only be attempted by someone who knows what they are doing

so ive hid the info on how i fixed my PC under these spoiler tags. So use this information at your own risk. This only covers Windows OS sorry.

This was done on a Windows 7 PC, but should be the similar for XP

First you need to start up on safemode with networking (Hit F8 like crazy when you start up the pc). Once in safemode click Start -> Run (or just search for) and type "msconfig", click "Startup" tab. In this tab should be all the programs that load up when your PC starts. Your looking for an obvious program that wont make sence like "eaxabavafadf.exe" uncheck that program and under the command line in msconfig you should be able to find where the files are located. Delete those and clear out recycling bin(or use file shredder). After this you should be able to startup the PC normally now. But i strongly recommend you use system restore (rstrui.exe) or reformat the HD and reinstall windows. In anycase hope this helped and g/l

You can always just buy a cheap Harddrive and reinstall Windows on that.

Hello people created an account just to reply to this. Ive encountered this Moneypak virus a few times and know how annoying it can be. This should only be attempted by someone who knows what they are doing

so ive hid the info on how i fixed my PC under these spoiler tags. So use this information at your own risk. This only covers Windows OS sorry.

This was done on a Windows 7 PC, but should be the similar for XP

First you need to start up on safemode with networking (Hit F8 like crazy when you start up the pc). Once in safemode click Start -> Run (or just search for) and type "msconfig", click "Startup" tab. In this tab should be all the programs that load up when your PC starts. Your looking for an obvious program that wont make sence like "eaxabavafadf.exe" uncheck that program and under the command line in msconfig you should be able to find where the files are located. Delete those and clear out recycling bin(or use file shredder). After this you should be able to startup the PC normally now. But i strongly recommend you use system restore (rstrui.exe) or reformat the HD and reinstall windows. In anycase hope this helped and g/l

You can always just buy a cheap Harddrive and reinstall Windows on that.

Thanks for your collaboration and your help nice Sir!

Oh Menoch, I feel for you man :(. Stay strong, be positive and look on the sunny side of things! We at the TFC forums are rooting for you!

Sorry for you Menoch :(

Hope you'll find a way to restore your PC.

This sucks monkey nads!!

lol, first you catch a virus that asks for 200$, then a repairman says he'll repair it for only 100$.. I wonder who created this virus?

Sorry for your loss, losing hours and days of work is really terrible, and most important is that you will find an inspiration to do it again, maybe even a better job.

SO, SO, SOOOOOO Sorry for you Menoch. I really hope you can get a new computer soon. I couldn't imagine how bad it would feel losing all my art that I have worked so hard on... :( :(

That's right, I hope you didn't loose too much works :(

This sucks monkey nads!!

First of all, do not reinstall the OS.

Second, go here and post your problem. Give as much info as possible.

Then, follow the instructions they give you. Do not ask questions, just do what you are told and post the results. It may take some time to do what is needed (especially if you do not have another computer nearby), have that in mind.

There is no way in high hell that you will lose your work or files, UNLESS you have already deleted them manually.

ps: To give you an example of the service provided (for free of course), take a look at a problem I had in 2006.

http://forums.techgu...file-virus.html

ps2: Thats the main reason I absolutely despise services like adfly. Their screening services are inadequate - to say the least - and especially in the MC community the sites advertised are shown to children or teenagers that may have no idea how to have their computer protected against malware. T_T

That's shitty poo man! Haven't you got any antivirus? I've never had any problem with viruses. I mean sure it slows your computer down to have an antivirus allways running but it's there for a reason.

I had a similar virus once, telling me i have done something illegal and shit.

How i removed it: Virus pops up: Ctrlaltdel => logout (task manager won't work), logged back in and it took a few seconds before the thing didnt come back and i had time to let Stinger run over my pc.. while stinger wasnt able to kill it but to find it, i killed it manually. It was very badly hidden, just a few files. Removed them and never had problems again.

Dk if that helps in anyway.

http://www.mcafee.com/hk/downloads/free-tools/how-to-use-stinger.aspx

Two things:

1). I would like to thank everyone for their help on trying to straighten this out, but i can now not even get into my BIOS to start up my pc via USB. You guys have become like a fam to me and I, again, thank you for trying to help me out and being supportive.

2). I consider myself a peaceful, GOD fearing man. I try to never be disrespectful and am mindful to try and not ever step on another person's toes. But i FUCKING curse the individuals who deliberately go out of their way to make the lives of others miserable and painful. I curse them with every ounce of American flesh on my bones. If only I had the monetary backing to track these types of people down, that prey on people who work hard for what they have, I would string them up, skin them, and leave them to their demise in a vat of saltwater.

So yea... Im done venting... ;)

That being said.... Would you like a cookie son? Laces oouuut.

how the hell did a boot menu virus manage to block off all control of your BIOS? btw, using a windows cd with a forced bootup (or just a regular BootCD) SHOULD circumvent the virus, since it boots from the cd and not the hard drive with mr jiggles the virus :D (or you could hook it up in school and spread the virus like patient Zero 3:)

how the hell did a boot menu virus manage to block off all control of your BIOS? btw, using a windows cd with a forced bootup (or just a regular BootCD) SHOULD circumvent the virus, since it boots from the cd and not the hard drive with mr jiggles the virus :D (or you could hook it up in school and spread the virus like patient Zero 3:)

I would never deliberately spread a virus. >8(

I'm going to the gym!!!!

Look out weights! Here I come!

Its just the FBI Virus, run malwarebytes, problem solved. Also you can pull all your data off if you just hook it to another computer. I work on computers everyday for work. I see this all the time up here. Hope i catch you before you do anything drastic.

-Edit- If you can't run malwarebytes on your PC, go and buy a $20 SATA/IDE to USB adapter and run it from someone elses.

FBI Virus

Fuck... old thread I know, but I just got the same virus (or very similar)... -_-

I'm running a security scan in Safemode now, but it's going realllly slow.

So yeah... it's still around and it's a pain in the ass to get, so be careful and watch what links you click on. It's simple internet safety, yes, but it's really easy to forget, and it's better to be safe than have to sort out a virus that locks down your entire user account.

If anyone has any tips on how to fully clear out this menace, I'd appreciate it very much. Otherwise I really hope I can sort this out myself reasonably quickly, I've got homework to do today. But until then I'll be facedesking non-stop while the scan is running :

Posted Image