Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
platanusoccidentalis

Coppicing

39 posts in this topic

Regardless, we still need a to figure out a way to acquire these roots...

The small roots can be harvested with a shovel, because they're weak. And the big (above ground) roots cna be chopped with an axe or a saw. The underground big roots need first to be freed from the dirt, then they need to be harvested with a saw. Correction, now there are 3 types of roots...

The small roots can be harvested with a shovel, because they're weak. And the big (above ground) roots cna be chopped with an axe or a saw. The underground big roots need first to be freed from the dirt, then they need to be harvested with a saw. Correction, now there are 3 types of roots...

Fair enough, I think the big roots should be a saw-only item though.

Fair enough, I think the big roots should be a saw-only item though.

Or a saw and a metal axe only block, because irl you can cut it with a good metal axe.

Or a saw and a metal axe only block, because irl you can cut it with a good metal axe.

Yeah, but it take one strong S.O.B. to do it...and if I remember correctly I saw a post about stat upgrades...and then everyone one was all like "NO!"

Thick roots of a tree is where the hardest wood grows. So maybe thin roots give sticks and thick roots is used for crafting something that requires hardest wood.

Thick roots of a tree is where the hardest wood grows. So maybe thin roots give sticks and thick roots is used for crafting something that requires hardest wood.

Not a bad idea friend C:

Not a bad idea friend C:

Ok, but sometimes use the like button because some people hate when someone says only something like "I like" in a post...

Ok, but sometimes use the like button because some people hate when someone says only something like "I like" in a post...

Sorry, I'm just a very friendly person...I like to keep conversations alive ya know.

Sorry, I'm just a very friendly person...I like to keep conversations alive ya know.

Yeah me too. It's hard to only press the like button :(

Yeah me too. It's hard to only press the like button :(

Why is is that you and me seem to derail things more often than not?

Why is is that you and me seem to derail things more often than not?

Because the derails are natural. And now in Italy it's night. During night I have a 78% chance of derailing, instead during day my chance is 26%.

Because the derails are natural. And now in Italy it's night. During night I have a 78% chance of derailing, instead during day my chance is 26%.

Oh, fair enough....

I tend to use that phrase more often than I intend to. :P

I'm pretty sure fruit trees will do it, but that's not the best idea. If this is implemented then our orchards will never get too ridiculously large and our chests won't be filled with sticks and saplings because we aren't trying to find saplings in leaves to replace them and it will remove the chance of them not being able to be replaced if we don't get a sapling. The only reason for them to not be replaced is if they die like a crop because that's probably how they will behave.

Yes, I was not intending this change to apply to fruit trees; that would be pointless. I am talking about trees such as Willow, Aspen, and Maple. All of which serve only to provide sticks and wood.Even if trees do die over time as crops do, I still feel this would work nicely, plant a tree, gather a few saplings and sticks the first time, cut it for wood, let it regrow, gather saplings as need be, and so on. Thanks for the thoughts :)