Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yubyub96

Leaves weird looking issue[solved]Optifine D4 causing it.

8 posts in this topic

So this is what happens when TFC has to render any transparency in textures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

it happens on stairs too

This only happens when theres a texture with a bit of transparency on it, i had used the same pack before and everything was fine, i have tried with lots of configs for my graphic card but nothing helped, im using optifine and it doesnt seem to help.

Turn off mipmapping.

Turn off mipmapping.

Im using an AMD card, and in the Control center theres no option to turn it off, i can set it to a very low quality but not off.

its weird because i had been using the same configs and one day this thing came off.perhaps i changed something that i cant remember

That is weird. That was my suggestion on this before too... but here you can clearly see the mipmapping, and yeah it does look bad. With optifine you can turn it off. Btw very low probably still a strong effect because in case of MC, the textures are already quite low in resolution. Even a small mip-mapping setting is significant.

That is weird. That was my suggestion on this before too... but here you can clearly see the mipmapping, and yeah it does look bad. With optifine you can turn it off. Btw very low probably still a strong effect because in case of MC, the textures are already quite low in resolution. Even a small mip-mapping setting is significant.

I took those pics without mipmapping

The tl;dr version: the texture artist screwed up. This has nothing to do with TFC.

I took those pics without mipmapping

But you said in the post above mine that you can't turn it off in your vid card settings. Or do you mean that you have the optifine setting turning it off? (I missed the text below the images before when I posted... didn't see you were using opti). Either way, it's pretty visible. Especially of the textures further away. But if you can't change it, at least make sure anisotropic filtering is off as this will make the following problem even more of a problem.

So on closer inspection (I did not look at the ladder pics carefully enough - I focused on the mipmapping going on in the background) what you're seeing is a combination of things. But first note that TFC does not do any rendering, all it does is set the rendering settings for its own blocks just like any block mod. MC does all the actual rendering, and it does a shit job of it.

The fact that it does a shit job of it means that texture pack artists need to bear in mind that they can't use any transparent layers in their textures if they want them to display right on everyone's machine. Opacity for each pixel needs to be either 100% or 0% - nothing in between will be rendered correctly by MC. What happens when you go in between is MC doesn't render the block behind it, it renders the background horizon (you see through the whole world). This is really bad and I remember encountering it when I wrote my first mod, but there's nothing that can be done about it. (The OpenGL 'fancy' setting in opti will reduce this, but it won't eliminate it in all cases.)

So what you're seeing with some of the leaves is the texture artist used a coloured layer set to some very low opacity - maybe 5% or even less. They might not have even seen it when they made the texture because their graphics program will display it correctly. But MC won't. This is even more clear in the ladder edges where they tried to use varying opacity to anti-alias their angled edge. In both cases because a mid-range opacity is used in the texture, so that is why it's sky blue.

The tl;dr version: the texture artist screwed up. This has nothing to do with TFC.

But you said in the post above mine that you can't turn it off in your vid card settings. Or do you mean that you have the optifine setting turning it off? (I missed the text below the images before when I posted... didn't see you were using opti). Either way, it's pretty visible. Especially of the textures further away. But if you can't change it, at least make sure anisotropic filtering is off as this will make the following problem even more of a problem.

So on closer inspection (I did not look at the ladder pics carefully enough - I focused on the mipmapping going on in the background) what you're seeing is a combination of things. But first note that TFC does not do any rendering, all it does is set the rendering settings for its own blocks just like any block mod. MC does all the actual rendering, and it does a shit job of it.

The fact that it does a shit job of it means that texture pack artists need to bear in mind that they can't use any transparent layers in their textures if they want them to display right on everyone's machine. Opacity for each pixel needs to be either 100% or 0% - nothing in between will be rendered correctly by MC. What happens when you go in between is MC doesn't render the block behind it, it renders the background horizon (you see through the whole world). This is really bad and I remember encountering it when I wrote my first mod, but there's nothing that can be done about it. (The OpenGL 'fancy' setting in opti will reduce this, but it won't eliminate it in all cases.)

So what you're seeing with some of the leaves is the texture artist used a coloured layer set to some very low opacity - maybe 5% or even less. They might not have even seen it when they made the texture because their graphics program will display it correctly. But MC won't. This is even more clear in the ladder edges where they tried to use varying opacity to anti-alias their angled edge. In both cases because a mid-range opacity is used in the texture, so that is why it's sky blue.

I knew that the problem was that, so i changed some textures(douglas fir leaves) but the thing is that before it worked perfectly, also in vanilla minecraft it works perfectly as well.

Another thing i noticed is that it only appears when theres another block of the same type near it.

I just saw what maked this issue, the new optifine D4, changed back to D3 and worked perfectly

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0