Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
FatPoulet

When updating my server

5 posts in this topic

I will be going from B69 to B72 is there anything I need to do in order to keep my server's world in one piece and not get corrupted or crashed or something else as bad?

As always it's a good idea to make a backup of your world. But, for TFC usually deleting the config files is the only thing that needs to be done in between updates.

I updated my server from 69 - 71 then to 72 without any major issues. We had to replace a few doors and some stairs needed to be remade as the slabs changed metadata a little bit to support the detailed chiseling. But no crashing or any major world corruption occurred.

Delete the world, that'll work best.

x] also it'll piss off any players you had that you didn't warn, but it's more exciting that way!

Delete the world, that'll work best.

x] also it'll piss off any players you had that you didn't warn, but it's more exciting that way!

Errrrr ok Ill keep that in mind :ph34r: (not) :ph34r:

Have everyone check their area for very thin/narrow slabs. Everything that's been chiseled more than 7 times is going to render funny, and after the update, some will still have a hitbox and be removable and some will not (I was still able to remove 9x chiseled slabs that had only been chiseled in one dimension, but could not remove ones that had been chiseled 9x in two or three dimensions). Best to get rid of those before you update.

If you find any after you update that can't be removed with a pick, TNT or a creeper will work. :)