Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abandoned mines

suggestion for geothermal vents

10 posts in this topic

hello everyone

its been awhile since i could get on to the TFC forums and add my ideas

idea

mineral block

coloured water from minerals

vents spawn in a similar fashion as buildcraft oil

super heated water

first geothermal vents spwan with a small formation of "mineral blocks" in a random shape or pattern

"mineral blocks" when mined will have a chance of dropping a random ore nugget

minerals like sulfur spawn around the edges of the mineral water pool

the water taht is emmited fro m the pool would be super heated (ie it would do damage to the player if the player made contact)

the pool that spawns at the surface would have a "source" found deep beneath the surface near lava level

i am open to more suggestions

also if this has been already suggested than sorry

:)

Is there any other uses for the vent apart from some random ores and minerals ?

Bioxx hinted that the mineral pools may eventually be involved with his extra-dimension ideas, so I have a feeling he already has a pretty specific idea of what he wants and that he and Dunk are going to be pretty picky about it.

As for adding the "mineral blocks", they seem to have a pretty singular purpose and seem to serve only as a means to reach the end goal of the geothermal vents. This is sort of against the TFC outlook where nothing is done just-for-the-heck-of-it, but things often serve multiple purposes. I think that if you could find a way to reuse blocks already in the game, but in a new way, that would be much better. Interesting topic, I'm really interested to see what direction the devs take this and how others respond!

Is there any other uses for the vent apart from some random ores and minerals ?

i haven't been able to explore the new agracalture features of TFC yet so if i am wrong please correct me

perhaps in more hostile areas of the world they could come in handy for growing crops

what if areas around the vents were better for growing crops (ie they have a higher mineral content)

along with my idea that the water would be "hotter" than normal they could increase the air tempature around them allowing for better growth in coldeer climates

Seems more of an aesthetic feature to me, Infinus5. But, just like GenuineTexan said; Bioxx hinted that mineral pools may have a purpose in his multi-dimension plans. I'm not really sure if there is any use for geothermal vents in the time period of TerraFirmaCraft, unless he changes his mind and move it to the 21st Century.

ummm, one question.

how the crap are we going to se them, even if they are implemented?

those things only form at the bottom of the ocean, thousands of feet down, i really don't think steve can survive down there

ummm, one question.

how the crap are we going to se them, even if they are implemented?

those things only form at the bottom of the ocean, thousands of feet down, i really don't think steve can survive down there

That is a negative, you remember Bioxx's example of Yellowstone, those definitely have a couple vents.

That is a negative, you remember Bioxx's example of Yellowstone, those definitely have a couple vents.

the above ideas were ment to help Bioxx if he does ever implament these sorts of vents / geysours

Exactly, and I am in support of them, I would love to see these natural phenomenon added for their beauty, mineral additions, and other ecological effects. We could make quite a few minerals actually go where they belong rather than somewhere random.

Exactly, and I am in support of them, I would love to see these natural phenomenon added for their beauty, mineral additions, and other ecological effects. We could make quite a few minerals actually go where they belong rather than somewhere random.

any other uses ? any other uses for boiling hot mineral filled water? salts perhaps ?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0