Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
killster550

water level setting

8 posts in this topic

So i watched spums last vid and it mentioned: 'because most of the world is water' and it got me thinking, why not allow for an implemention that allows you to set the base ocean level much like how you could build up your entire superflt world out of whatever block you wanted.

methinks it'd not be TOO hard to do, and with the different terrain gen i think we'd get some awesome worlds given that TFC ´s generation is all a lot higher up +D

So i watched spums last vid and it mentioned: 'because most of the world is water' and it got me thinking, why not allow for an implemention that allows you to set the base ocean level much like how you could build up your entire superflt world out of whatever block you wanted.

methinks it'd not be TOO hard to do, and with the different terrain gen i think we'd get some awesome worlds given that TFC ´s generation is all a lot higher up +D

did you know its over 200+ lines of code for TFC world generation at least?? i have been given the honor of working on World generation by boixx directly and i must say it is possible for me to make it a custom option at world creation, but this is a feature that probably will be worked on when boixx has decided its time to work on world gen, i would take on this task myself but as TFC grows Boixx could use help keeping TFC from being an FPS killer for people. hopefully boixx will see this idea and talk about it some more as i kinda get left out of loop sometimes with my work IRL so time is blotchy, i wish you many more good ideas as i too hope to see more options for players to enjoy.

well of course we need a FPS person, many a game mess that up lately, but at the meantime we're also thinking of new features :D basically we need to get Cubic Chunks working with TFC first and THEN change the heights or water level or rendering systems or whatever :o____________________

...boixx...boixx...Boixx...boixx...

No, Doc, it's Bioxx :D

Also, Yes, Killster, this can be a good idea, but there could be problems in world generation if you set the water level IE...level 1. And also a similar config will not be implemented while TFC is beta. You know why, probably.

If such setting comes, it could be enough with just one alternate setting with high water. Doesn't have to be a slider or fully customizable, just set between 140 (or whatever it is now) and 160, should make a severe difference on the terrain.

If such setting comes, it could be enough with just one alternate setting with high water. Doesn't have to be a slider or fully customizable, just set between 140 (or whatever it is now) and 160, should make a severe difference on the terrain.

Then you want to implement standard values, true? yes, this is the best fix that I can think.

hmm, standard values should then (in my opinion) be no lower than 20 and no higher than 200 with gaps of 20 in between? this could create a really highscle map or an island map, depending on what you prefer :D

Anything lower than 100 or so will result in a complete desert. Anything higher than 180 will result in only a few islands here and there. Most of the current ground seems to lie at between 140 and 155.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0