Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nopkar

What gives you that sense of accomplishment in terra firma?

10 posts in this topic

So, after a long day of resource gathering I've finally found limonite. I am now progressing out of the Bronze Age and into the Medieval Age!

But to my pleasant surprise iron is significantly harder to work than bronze!

After a longer wait for the limonite to yield its precious metal than I expected, and being the novice I am, I immediately dump the metal into molds without a care!

"I can handle making bronze quickly! This should be easy!"

Oh woe to me! Immediately the pig iron cooled and I begin work...on pig iron! Ah ha! I have iron! But all is not well! Long after my forges have cooled and am at the end of my sanity I discover the secret that iludes me: I must have wrought iron!

The great forges burn anew at the break of dawn and frantic was my pace, for today would be the day that I achieve dominance over this metal!

But greedy was I with my new found anvil, "why not progress to steel?? Surely the step is not to great?"

But alas, the hunger of the forges was too much to bear and again the forges grew cold before the first bars of steel could be won...

Another day, another time, I WILL conquer this world...

All of this boils down to me having the most fun playing minecraft that ive ever known in almost 3 years of playing. I feel genuinely accomplished at having broke the iron barrier and am well on my way to steel.

So my question is, what has made you proud in playing minecraft? This mod specifically?

Hand crafting a rail system that was about 3000 blocks north-south, and then riding the entire thing without stopping. I had to raise the most blockage prone areas, but it felt so good to ride that track after days of work and turn a 10 minuet run into a short ride. I haven't made a rail that long in vanilla... Things take so much more work in TFC, but feel like they give 10x the reward.

getting a secure base fully set up, it makes me feel like, yea, now i can relax at night

Looking at a mountain that's blocking my view and thinking "I'm gonna flatten that."

Then getting halfway done and finding a really cool symmetrical rock formation and going mayan temple on the whole thing.

It cost me about 4 bronze shovels and a full double box of dirt, but shaping whole pieces of the landscape can be rewarding.

Making that first zinc/copper/tin chisel and pickaxe... then creating a Moria-esque mine of great forges, fires, eating the meat off the bones, mining for iron ores, and the like. Even though I haven't gone past the beginnings of the Metallurgy Age, I long for this great achievement...

Pretty much accomplishing any goal. I have a habit of cycling through two or three (sometimes more) different worlds with various goals for each of them. On my server I created an mining camp, then went on an epic quest to find copper... and found a motherload of it about 5000m away. Currently in the process of building a road between the two.

On my SSP game that I just started yesterday after giving up on server lag issues I'm in the process of prettying up my settlement and setting up enclosures for each of the different animals. Two down, two to go. My goals in that world are fairly scatterbrained at the moment, but I enjoy each small accomplishment.

So... in short... just about anything.

After getting into Iron & Steel, there's only one way to go for me:

Complete the building of that monastery on the very top of this mountain, move into it, find to yourself, settling with the world and hope, that Jeb, Bioxx and all their men find a way to implement proper 'endgame' to minecraft that offers new challenge for the players. :)

Finding ore is really rewarding. Possibly because strip mining for ore is incredibly lengthy.

Finding clay. Afterwards I have to go apply for a new job, take a cold shower, rinse my eyes, notify my girlfriend that I haven't been kidnapped and do extensive exercise to counter spending 3 months straight in my basement searching for clay.

Typically when I play I make a small shack really quick and dirty aka shitty... I fill it with like 6 double chests a bed and a firepit. from there I get all my starter ores and whatnot and go for mining. Because of the way I start, I usually dont start actually building a home till im well into bronze + metals. So the most rewarding part for me is getting my real home up, and everything moved into it. It doesnt even have to be finished, just as long as it keeps the mobs out, and improves on my starter shacks

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0