Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Holy_Shield

Farming Nutrients bugged? (B72)

12 posts in this topic

So i have not seen anything in the logs regarding farming changes so this should still be viable in the newer build.

I am in an area now on a server where when I first till a plot of soil and the nutrients will all be maximum.

After a few minutes they all leech out to 1 notch above minimum.

Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks

Which hoe are you using? A rock hoe, a metal hoe or a punk hoe?

I notice how everyone likes to doubt which hoe someone is using, it is metal, because you cannot measure nutrients with a stone hoe.

But you can still attempt to check it and it will show them all "1 notch above minimum". As the bug reporter, it's your job to provide as much accurate relevant information as possible, saying "Using a metal hoe..." would prevent the basic question: "What type of hoe?"

I can support this. Happens to me too. You can prevent it from decreasing by planting right away. It doesn't go down to 1 nutrients right away, though, it goes to about 1/4 max.

So if you plant right away will the plants grow normally then???

For me, yes. They still grow for me if I don't but WAY slower.

I still think it is a bug.

I've seen this also. Still happens up to B75. Planting right after plowing a grass/dirt block will give max nutrients. You can also preserve the remaining nutrients by rotating crops. Simply plant immediately after harvesting. I'm starting to wonder if it is the hoe checking function itself that is causing this. I'll try testing by checking the level before harvesting, leaving a block fallow and not checking with the hoe, and then planting with a check after...

I've seen this also. Still happens up to B75. Planting right after plowing a grass/dirt block will give max nutrients. You can also preserve the remaining nutrients by rotating crops. Simply plant immediately after harvesting. I'm starting to wonder if it is the hoe checking function itself that is causing this. I'll try testing by checking the level before harvesting, leaving a block fallow and not checking with the hoe, and then planting with a check after...

I seem to remember reading that a bug relating to nutrients and re-hoeing was fixed in some time past. Sorry can't recall the exact post but maybe this is a result?

I seem to remember reading that a bug relating to nutrients and re-hoeing was fixed in some time past. Sorry can't recall the exact post but maybe this is a result?

Was it that dirt will not give nutrients in order to prevent people from resetting nutrients simply by digging up the land then re-hoeing?

Was it that dirt will not give nutrients in order to prevent people from resetting nutrients simply by digging up the land then re-hoeing?

It may have been, I am old and my memory isn't what it was.

So that's what the exploit was? When I saw the fix in the changelog, I couldn't think of what it possibly was.