Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
rostyn

[SOLVED] TFC will not install (Build 75)

8 posts in this topic

I am new to mods, so this is officially the first one I have tried to install.....and nothing is happening. Nothing. There is no change in gameplay or textures or anything.

I have tried the following step-by-step process, with variations based on where I got the instructions on. My most recent attempt went as follows:

1. Downloaded Forge 6.5.0.486 and Universal Player API 1.2

2. Opened .minecraft and used winrar to open the minecraft.jar file

3. Deleted the METAINF file

4. Installed Forge by opening the .zip file in winrar and moving all of the files into the .minecraft file

5. Did the same with Player API Universal 1.2

6. Closed the .jar file

7. Opened minecraft, let it load to the menu, then closed it.

8. Put TFCraft-Universal-Core-B2-Build75.zip into the mods folder located in the .minecraft folder

9. Tested minecraft. There was no change. Everything ran normal. The TFC mod did not appear to work at all

Does anyone have any suggestions or insight into what might be the problem with what I am doing? Anything is welcome - this mod looks amazing, and I love more realistic games, so I am desperate to try this.

If you have exactly done what you're saying, then all should work properly...

Pleas post the content of your ForgeModLoader-client-2.log in your .minecraft directory.

4. Installed Forge by opening the .zip file in winrar and moving all of the files into the .minecraft file

5. Did the same with Player API Universal 1.2

you mean minecraft.jar, do you?

Apparently now with Forge you are only supposed to delete files in META-INF that begin with "Mojang!" , not the entire folder.

Edit: Found source

Do not delete your META_INF in your minecraft.jar (anymore), Instead, go into the META_INF and delete only the files which begin with MOJANG! Leave the rest untouched. If there aren't such files, then leave it be.

Yes, sorry. I did mean minecraft.jar

I tried re-installing everything the way I did before, but this time I only deleted the files inside META_INF that started with MOJANG. There were two.

When I tried everything again I had no luck. As far as I can tell absolutely nothing has changed, the same as before.

EDIT:

I forgot to look into ForgeModLoader before posting. There was no such log in my .minecraft folder. Could that mean that there is something wrong with Forge? Or something that I am not doing right?

EDIT:

I forgot to look into ForgeModLoader before posting. There was no such log in my .minecraft folder. Could that mean that there is something wrong with Forge? Or something that I am not doing right?

Yeah, that is was I thought...

If there are no such logs, it seems that forge isn't installed the right way.

Make your life easier just by using MultiMC as launcher for your Minecraft.

It's nearly self-explanatory, so using it offers you the advantage to play several setups of you minecraft without even touching your minecraft.jar.

1. Install MultiMC

2. Create a new Instance of vanilla MC and log in once so the program load the files for you.

3. Shut down MC, select your Instance and klick on 'edit mods'

4. On the first tab you manage the mods, that needs to go into the minecraft.jar (Forge & PlayerAPI at least) simply hit 'Add' and choose the file you want. For Forge, you can also klick 'Forge' and choose out of all available Forge-Versions.

5. Don't forget - Mods in the MC.jar have to be loaded in the right order (first Forge, than PlayerAPI!) Do manage this, there are the Buttons 'Move Up & Move Down'. Forge have to be over PlayerAPI - preferable on first position.

6. Now you can add Coremods and normal mods as you want in the corresponding tabs too. (So for you, add TFC.zip to the 'mods-tab')

7. If you're done close the window and start your instance again.

When you first start MC with Forge installed, a smal window will appear that offers you, that Forge is downloading some files. That's always a good hint, that your installement works as it should. From now on, you can simply swap all the files if some mods are updated. All you have to do maybe is delete old configs if something changes - but for now, you should be good. ;)

If you don't want to use MultiMC, try it once again the old way:

1. Download yourself a fresh minecraft.jar

2. Open the .jar with your packingprogramm

3. Open the right Forge.zip the same way (Forge build ##.486 - be sure to download the UNIVERSAL-, not the SOURCE-File from minecraftforge.net!)

4. Delete the contend of META INF as instructed above (I really don't knew that this have be changed since Iam only using MultiMC for a while o.O)

5. Drag all the files from the Forge.zip into your MC.jar - simply drag and drop them

6. Do the same with the files from the PlayerAPI (be sure it's 1.1 or 1.2 for MC 1.4.6)

7. Start and shut MC once - here also should appear this small window that says, that Forge is downloading some data.

8. Put TFC.zip (build 75) into the mods-folder

9. Start MC again.

It looks like the same you done before - but maybe you've missed one point? Such thing can happen - also to people who done this many times before. :D trust me - I know what I'm saying ;)

Argh... and there is more... One Point:

Be sure to download all the mod-files from GOOD sites. Forge directly from www.minecraftforge.net (or via MultiMC) and the Mods itself preferably from www.minecraftforum.net. There are other sites, but a lot of them offer you mod-files for the ACTUAL MC-Version and what you get is a file for the previous one (or older). I don't trust sites that offers versions, that not even are offered in the official Mod-Thread from the author itself. ;)

Thank you! I used MultiMC which appears to have made things work properly.

Thank you! I used MultiMC which appears to have made things work properly.

*thumbsup* :D

Life is hard enough - take every help you get - even if it is a alternate Launcher for MC :D

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I was using the wrong type of Forge download, which is why it was doing absolutely nothing when I moved it to the minecraft.jar file. Now that I have repaired that issue, I don't have to use MultiMC. However, I do like the program and I will probably keep using it.

Thank you again for all of the help!