Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
kelik

[b75] intermediate crashing

13 posts in this topic

getting crashes while exploring the world looking for certain trees. the crash log:

edit: updating forge didn't work, new log below since i can't edit in the upload

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Hey, that tickles! Hehehe!
Time: 07/01/13 9:12 PM
Description: Ticking memory connection
java.lang.NullPointerException
at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenMinableTFC.BODgenerateVein(WorldGenMinableTFC.java:268)
at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenMinableTFC.BetterOreDistributionVein(WorldGenMinableTFC.java:135)
at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenMinableTFC.generateVein(WorldGenMinableTFC.java:419)
at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenOre.createOreVein(WorldGenOre.java:242)
at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenOre.generate(WorldGenOre.java:90)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:90)
at im.a(ChunkProviderServer.java:259)
at zz.a(Chunk.java:1253)
at im.c(ChunkProviderServer.java:153)
at im.d(ChunkProviderServer.java:166)
at yc.e(World.java:524)
at il.sendThisChunkToPlayer(PlayerInstance.java:76)
at il.b(PlayerInstance.java:67)
at ik.d(PlayerManager.java:347)
at gm.d(ServerConfigurationManager.java:220)
at iv.a(NetServerHandler.java:410)
at net.smart.moving.playerapi.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:24)
at eb.a(SourceFile:136)
at cf.b(MemoryConnection.java:80)
at iv.d(NetServerHandler.java:136)
at iw.b(NetworkListenThread.java:57)
at bec.b(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:108)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:702)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:598)
at bdz.q(IntegratedServer.java:159)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.4.6
Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_09, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode, sharing), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 17892024 bytes (17 MB) / 518979584 bytes (494 MB) up to 518979584 bytes (494 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx512m
AABB Pool Size: 6161 (345016 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 4522 (253232 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 21, allocated: 1, tallocated: 33
FML: MCP v7.25 FML v4.6.15.514 Minecraft Forge 6.5.0.486 Optifine OptiFine_1.4.6_HD_U_A3 9 mods loaded, 9 mods active
mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
mod_SmartMoving [Smart Moving] (Smart Moving Client for ModLoader or Minecraft Forge.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
mod_SmartRender [Smart Render] (Smart Moving Client for ModLoader or Minecraft Forge.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
mod_ReiMinimap [mod_ReiMinimap] ([1.4.6]ReiMinimap_v3.2_06.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
TerraFirmaCraft [TerraFirmaCraft] (TFCraft-Universal-Core-B2-Build75.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 1347 (75432 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 888 (49728 bytes; 0 MB) used
Player Count: 1 / 8; [iq['kelik'/213, l='yeyah', x=2279.47, y=170.25, z=-6733.66]]
Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'forge,fml'

crash-2013-01-07_18.05.30-server.txt

Edited by kelik

...Minecraft Forge 6.5.0.467...

What's the Forge-Version suggested in the install-instructions for TFC?

the latest recommended.... upon visiting the site i see that i am one version too low i'll see if updating fixes.

It's more than one Version Number below - suggested one is .486 not .468 ;)

i updated and it still happens, editing first post with the crash log.

what i got from that was that i need to use optifine a2. trying that now.

didnt work, just turned off optifine and it seems to work now. though my fps is suffering for it lol

All I can say is, that I'm running:

Minecraft 1.4.6

Forge .486

PlayerAPI 1.3

Optifine U A2

TFC b75

FPS++

NEI + Minimap

Chicken Chunks

Weather & Tornado

and some minor mods

on my Server and also Client (using MulitMC to launch the stuff) without any problems, besides known bugs - but without any crashes.

Tested Optifine in different modes (Standard, Smooth & Multicore - fast & fancy)

what i got from that was that i need to use optifine a2. trying that now.

No, what you should have gotten from that is that you will crash with any version after OptiFine_1.4.5_HD_U_D3 when generating new chunks.

All I can say is, that I'm running:

Minecraft 1.4.6

Forge .486

PlayerAPI 1.3

Optifine U A2

TFC b75

FPS++

NEI + Minimap

Chicken Chunks

Weather & Tornado

and some minor mods

on my Server and also Client (using MulitMC to launch the stuff) without any problems, besides known bugs - but without any crashes.

Tested Optifine in different modes (Standard, Smooth & Multicore - fast & fancy)

It works fine for you because you're not the one generating new chunks. Go start a SP world and it will happen.

It works fine for you because you're not the one generating new chunks. Go start a SP world and it will happen.

So, I tested it again.

Starting MultiMC TFC-Instance, generating a new SSP-World, get stuck...

some strange crash-log appears...

Been surprised, cause there was a SSP-World there and I could not remember, that it was crashing before.

So closing Minecraft and had a look into mod-settings - for some strange reason, player API was loaded after optifine? o.O

Maybe I forgot to put it in the right place when updating it to a newer version. Put it right after forge - tested it a second time...

Game ran for about 40min - tested every possible optifine setting - was surprised to had constant 40+ FPS - way more surprised that I got even more FPS when switching back from Multicore to Standard. o.O

So I've spent the last 40 min only generation new chunks - nearly died while looking up in the sky and running into a group of bears - but not a single problem in game, not a single warning in the MultiMC-Log and certainly no crash!

Still running the same setup as posted above - so the problem isn't reproducible for me.

No, what you should have gotten from that is that you will crash with any version after OptiFine_1.4.5_HD_U_D3 when generating new chunks.

except for one teeny problem.... D3 is not compatible with the newest version of minecraft vanilla. tested and immediate crash when attempting to load the main menu.

Uh, duh?