Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Just_Another_Guy_:)

To help your self control :3 (definitely NOT a self-help post)

33 posts in this topic

This is just a thread trying to avoid derailing, simply by creating a place where to leave all those replies we would like to make in a thread but as we don't have anything useful to add to the thread itself in the moment, we shouldn't make. Try holding your joking impulses by posting it here :3.

Ofc, i made this thread 'cause i need it too :P so yeah, let me start:

..A perfect example of what we SHOULD be doing is what JAG did in the thread "veteran ideas to improve game play". The title was arrogant, the grammar was atrocious. The post broke more written and un-written rules that I care to mention. But at the heart of it, it was just a new member who has no knowledge about our rules trying to make a suggestion. I saw that post and thought; "oh god this poor kid is gonna get it." I was just waiting for the snarky, overly defensive, condescending, unfriendly (or worse, fake friendly) demoralization of a newbie. But JAG took the time to make a completely well structured, gentle and polite explanation of what was right and wrong about the post. Like a senior member of the forum should...

...I expect you to CALMY and FRIENDLILY inform the person what they did wrong. I expect you to follow the example of forumers like Pux, Fatpoulet, JAG, and Bioxx...

Posted Image

Do you REALLY think this will make things even just a little better?

I don't see where's your problem. The community here is better than most other boards are.

Of course - sometimes a troublemaker appears - that's nothing you can prevent in any way...

wave, again, its not up to us to hammer said person into the ground like a zombie, it is up to us to stand above their trouble, solve it normally and use the report button (which does work)

Well, may I ask if you have kids by yourself?

given my not yet 19 year old self, it would be incredibly stupid to have children, although i have plenty of experience with them, and ive noticed the children that hate grow up to be haters on everything, without exception, while those that act normal are often a lot more relaxed

Good - maybe it will be helpful for you some day:

'Just let them do and say nothing against!' is NOT a really good idea in educating children. Think about it.

(For this special case I make no difference between someone IS a child or only ACT like one. ;) )

hold it, i never said to say nothing against it

i said to not respond in an equal manner, but in a manner which places you above their level of behaviour

Maybe - but a Troll is a Troll is a Troll...

If you feed it or not - sometimes it is better to confront such guys so they make that simple mistake that allows mods to kick them instead of speaking to them, what has no effect. They are Trolls because they KNOW how far they can go in bother others while not infringe the rules directly. Sometimes a wildfire can only be stopped by setting up some controlled Counter-Fires... ;)

confronting trolls = feeding trolls, in fact, anything beyond dismissing trolls = feeding a troll.

the members of the troll race crave attention above all else, and if you look at the clueless developer thread, thats what he got, shittons of attention

hold it, i never said to say nothing against it

i said to not respond in an equal manner, but in a manner which places you above their level of behaviour

confronting trolls = feeding trolls, in fact, anything beyond dismissing trolls = feeding a troll.

the members of the troll race crave attention above all else, and if you look at the clueless developer thread, thats what he got, shittons of attention

... Are you contradicting yourself here? I see your point, but it seems that you just refuted your previous point. You said you should respond to them in a manner which places you above them. Then, you say that anything more than dismissing (responding is more that dismissing) a troll is feeding a troll, which is against your objective.

Off this argument/debate here, JAG, don't be modest. You forgot another JAG. Don't TRY to lower your ego....dragons are known to have ego. *dons lab coat* *materializes pen and clipboard*

As you can see, JAG, you have exhibited what is known as modesty. Draconian beings, are not known for their modesty, and is usually a sign of entering the scale phase; the phase where you have the tendency to itch your scales, and make them fall off. This happens once every few years of a dragon's lifetime. As you can see:

But JAG took the time to make a completely well structured,

You missed a 'JAG'. Draconian Class dismissed.

kim, in those posts, i attempt to indicate that in oder to best a troll, you must not copy their behaviour, but place yourself above that and ignore the troll, if things get too bad you report it, and if no one responds, trolling stops soon enough.

if you merge both posts it'd look something like this: in order to place yourself above a troll, you must not give it attention, for that is what it craves. in succesfully ignoring the troll, you place yourself above their low level of operations, resulting in a better feel for you.

Off this argument/debate here, JAG, don't be modest. You forgot another JAG. Don't TRY to lower your ego....dragons are known to have ego. *dons lab coat* *materializes pen and clipboard*

As you can see, JAG, you have exhibited what is known as modesty. Draconian beings, are not known for their modesty, and is usually a sign of entering the scale phase; the phase where you have the tendency to itch your scales, and make them fall off. This happens once every few years of a dragon's lifetime. As you can see:

You missed a 'JAG'. Draconian Class dismissed.

Didn't though it was necesary to mark that one, as i was previously reffered in that extract of the text... Oh well, gonna mark it anyways, why the hell not?

Whatever... i never had such a great ego, really : the meme i posted up there pretty much express my exact thoughts when i was reading that post. I guess i'm a wierd dragon.

Not weird, just not the majority. Nothing wrong with it. :P

I'm impressed by your modesty, Just_Another_Guy_:); and I thought I was supposed to be the modest one (I place all blame on the Forums' influence on my mind).

The forums..influence? ...

Its users' harshness to newcomers apparently affected my mind.

I made this thread for a purpose, remember guys? so i'm gonna use it for that purpose again, if you don't mind...

well honestly, i think we all had a rather harsh start to these forums...

._. Here replies the exception to that rule. Actually, my first post here was an original, well thought idea that got a 14 pages thread mostly on topic... So yeah, it wasn't harsh. At least not in the same sense you meant.

Actually, my first post here was an original,

An original? What is the title of this thread?

"Enchantment system". It's literally the first thread ever made on this forum on this topic.

"Enchantment system". It's literally the first thread ever made on this forum on this topic.

Interesting.

And yes. LITERALLY. On that note, it figuratively drives me insane when people misuse the word "literally".

Thankfully JAG, you, did not. (see what I did there)

no response is neccesary, he's pulling a second clay mechanics, and we will not let him achieve a troll twice ( i hope)

It's not effective at all. I'm not gay, but he would not be completely wrong if he really meant that... :