Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
puxapuak

Some samples of a w.i.p (64x, B76)

3 posts in this topic

Hi people. I haven't posted in a long time, but I haven't been completely detached from TFC and have occasionally lurked on here to keep current. As B76 entered development, I decided to start working on a 64x texture pack to go with it. I had been using Eleutheria 32, which I quite like (kudos to you guys), but decided I wanted something of a similar feel but with my own twist towards authenticity. It's a huge process and I don't really have a lot of spare time, so no guesses on an actual release, but I will definitely post it here when I do. In the meantime, I've got a few screenshots I thought I'd share to give a sense of it and get any suggestions/thoughts.

I'm linking to the album on imgur directly because for some reason when I use the image thing, the pictures are ridiculously dark.

http://imgur.com/a/lp2w5#0

This isn't quite all I have yet but some of it still needs a lot of work before I want to show it. I'll continue updating the album as I progress though and will note additions in this thread. I've been working mostly on trees, grass, flowers, and a lot of items(none in slides yet). Everything is pretty intensely green on these slides because they're all in rain8000 areas with a boreal shader, but many of the trees look truly spectacular through the seasons and rain zones.

Put some polish on a few things tonight so thought I'd throw some new shots up and shrink them down so they fit in here.

I'm mostly pleased with the dirt, grass, sand, and raw rock textures. The rock turned out just amazing, as did the clay blends for the dirt, which I added some colour too so clay isn't so boldly white-grey anymore. Also rebuilt the shader because that boreal one really didn't look right. The forest colours are looking much better now (not in any of the new shots) and flowers are shrunk a bit and colour matched to the shader.

Whenever I get the wood and the rest of the stone types done I'll record a fly through and post it to youtube.

Conglomerate, rock salt, siltstone, shale, mudstone

diorite, granite, claystone

gabbro

Posted Image

gravel, gneiss, marble, schist

dolomite, slate, phyllite

limestone

Posted Image

rhyolite, chalk, basalt, andesite, quartzite

chalk (derp), chert, dacite

Posted Image

Some of the dirts and sand. The dirt I made quite variable to simulate different kinds of ground cover too. It looks spectacular on thin grass / low moisture zones now.

Posted Image

honestly not a pack i would personally use, but i have to say you have done quite well for the amount of detail in it thus far. i commend you for your hard work, regardless if i am going to use it or not. please keep up the good work ^.^

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0