Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fofi9753

Better Workshop Models

5 posts in this topic

One thing that makes a mod great is its 3d models/graphics/textures. That's what makes mods like thaumcraft awesome. I think terrafirmacraft would be a lot more popular if its models were better. I suggest better models for the workshops and certain functional blocks such as:

An improved scribing table such as thaumcraft's(TFC's current plain block model is rather dissapointing):

Posted Image

An improved bellows such as the Minefantasy mod's, or a smooth animation like thaumcraft's bellows(can barely see minefantasy's bellows, can't see the animation on the thaumcraft one, but I suggest you look it up)

Posted Image

Posted Image

It would be nice to see an improved metallurgy table, resembling something more like a cauldron or crucible, considering the metallurgy is basically a high temperature resistant pot that serves for mixing different kinds of liquid metals together to form alloys.

I'd like to see different anvil models as the metal tiers advance, considering the early game anvils have primitive looks, and further in-game anvils should look more badass, like this:

Posted Image

.Do whatever you want with this post, and if you have any 3d models of your own to show, I would(and maybe the devs too) be interested to see them.

This definitely should be thought about, but maybe not now. After all they haven't finished implementing all the features they want to yet. I don't know exactly what is the most efficient approach, but to me aesthetics should come after most of the intended features come into play. In other words, make the game functional with all the features you wish in it, then make it look pretty. Still, I do like how most of your examples look, so I definitely approve :).

One nice thing is that I believe Forge implemented a way to import .obj files recently, so there are a lot more options for making new models for MC mods now.

While I've haven't done anything model related in ages, I wonder if Bioxx and Dunk would be OK if people submitted models for them (with no promises to use them of course).

If memory serves me right, I think we have a few people who hang around here who are good with rendering models. ;)

that's kinda the idea I had for this post, for people to submit some of their models for the admins to see

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0