Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Livid

Another ship suggestion

7 posts in this topic

i think that's not another suggestion for ships, maybe i'm bad but... ill' try to

first i begin saying that the vanilla boat must be removed;

the first boats was wooden platforms, or logs attached to other logs of stability

Posted Image

this may be made by putting 2x3 logs in the water, then this would turn in an entity that could only be moved with oars, without them is impossible to move; using the oar will drain rapidly hunger and thirst making this boat balanced

if you have the oar and you right click with the on the boat will appen something like with pig/horses and saddles and for moving every oar you must click A for the left oar and D for the right oar; for turning the boat you must press more time the button that represents the direction you want to go

the second tipe of boat that is creable i a dugout,

Posted Image

a dugout is made by using a saw on a wood logs wich is in the midst of at least others 2 logs,

using the saw would create a groove where it's possible to sit or to place a chest, every groove can be used by a player or a chest but : more big is the dugout it will need more men to go

this require oars too so this isn't too overpowered

the third type of boat would be sailboats (with the addition of variable wind, of course)

Posted Image

i really don't know how to build it, but....

this can transport 4 to 5 peoples ( it more bigger in the photo), but only 1 person can comand this using the helm(it have the same mechanics of the oars: A for left D for right) .

it can trasport 1 double chest

the last ship maybe is a trireme but i don't know... tell me

the second thing apart from ship are larger and deeper rivers

that's all for now! say me if you like

id literally settle for ANYTHING in the boat department. we all want this and we all know that we all want this... hopefully we see it.

as for ALL the boat suggestions, one thing that must be added must be ocean danger....

rafts do fine for rivers and lakes and near the shore... but taking them far out into the water must break them...

each tier needs to be able to go farther than the last.

and for gods sake you CANT swim across an ocean please? swimming should kill you after too long, so drowning stops you from just swimming instead of shipbuilding.

TFC is all about the multiplay i have found... and ships are one of the best ways to implement a badass trade system.

i hope that one day you will be forced to trade between towns for resources because they have something that you simply DO NOT have... would be awesome.

Yeah, i do agree there Roark92 ...

In Sid Mier's Civilisation II, if you sailed a Trireme out beyond 2 squares from land and its turn ended out of that area, it was lost to you ... the only way to stop this was to either build the lighthouse wonder, or research navigation.

But i digress, i do agree with the better boats idea ... maybe have rafts made from logs and string, simply a row of 3 logs, 3 string and 3 more logs? (3x3 grid crafting table)

Boats might be a little more complex to implement but by no means impossible, there is a mod that allows them to be built, however its probably incompatible with tfc and largely freeform - meaning theres a good chance people will just create moving houses on the water.

Dugout canoes could be achieved by placing 3 logs in a crafting bench in a line with a stone axe?

another type of boat could be a merchantile, this is like the sailboat but it can carry 9 (for now chest but with the beta 3 jars of clay)

another type of boat could be a merchantile, this is like the sailboat but it can carry 9 (for now chest but with the beta 3 jars of clay)

possibly, and to make it balanced, it could only carry 2 people.....i think if boats were to be redone, classes could be created (size) and there would be 2 types of boats, transport (people, supplies etc) which would have no to little defence sytems and then there would be battleships that wouldn't carry much in the terms of supplies, but would carry weapons...

well boats could be a huge deal... but yeah i dont really know how hard it is to do things in MC from a modding perspective so my views are likely unrealistic.

but i believe shipbuilding definitely merits its own world of gameplay... special tools for it, its own crafting device (like a pier structure located on the water so you need a port.) having to make the hull and mast and oars and stuff.

definitely realize its asking a lot for such an overhaul but it would be amazing. as for steering the boats, oceans would need to be BIG... like very very big... and bigger boats wouldnt sail into water less than like 5 blocks deep... maybe even have boats that sail into ports get locked into the position (of course though what the hell do i know about making any of this work)

i imagine it would vastly enhance multiplay. especially if you HAD to trade because you couldnt just go off and find everything you need in a day. like your region doesnt have bismuth and you need to either raid for it across the ocean or trade.

but i actually enjoy when a game limits what is instantly available to me. this is largely untrue for many.

yeah, that's true that boats need a revamp

oceans in terrafirma are bigger

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0