Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mileaos2

irrigation thoughts

1 post in this topic

kay, i have quite some ideas today

you can irrigate crops with finite water spots and thats hillarius

finite water should sunk in dirt or should be consumed by nearby crops

and jugs should use up water

i had fun building an cistern and filling it with finite water (booden bucket)

BUT it would be aewsome, when it surves a purpose XD

my idea is some kind of aqueduckt like system with half logs (log + axe = half log + axe wooden aqueduckt)

or full log aqueduckt (just hollow logs for underground tranzport of water)

this kind of aqueduckt can only pick up infinite river water or finite "cistern water". all kind of finite, player placed water is handeled as cistern water.

cistern water dissapeares, when it is not surrounded with stone/planks or logs (ground and walls)

those aqueduckts can only transport water downwarts, not upwarts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes%27_screw for upwarts tranzport?

idea is:

the aqueduckt takes water from a nearby river, tranzport it via the archimedes screw to an highpoint cistern (in an city maybe in smp)

at the endpoint of the aqueduckt, water is placed as finite cistern water ofc

from there it could be tranzportet via aqueduckts to player in smp or to farmland.

this kind of placed water could improve the irrigation level of the ground better than finite water (so it is beneficial to build this kind of complex stuff)

when you want to use the cistern water only to irrigate farmland, you could add fertilizier material to the cistern, to improve the nutrient level or growing speed of ur crops

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0