Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Pwnlord

Alternate fuels

7 posts in this topic

Two of them.

First off is sticks for campfires-there is essentially no reason not to, even if they don't burn all that long. You end up with enormous numbers of the things toward late-game, and I dunno about you but I don't need THAT many firelighters.

Second to this is thatch as cheap fuel. Because why not? Quick to gather; if it burns similarly quickly and cooly then it provides an inexpensive early-game fuel.

Third: Bundles of sticks. Put a String on the left and right of a stack of Sticks, recieve Stick Block. Burn for Charcoal-small amounts, but still.

Because fer chrissakes I have TWO chests FULL of Clay Jars full of Sticks; I need something to use them for!

Bows, Ladders, Signs, Rails, Fishing Rods, Paintings, Item Frames, Fences, Gates. Arrows, Levers, and Sluices are all other ways that you can use up your sticks.

As for having an enormous amount of sticks late-game, allowing you to burn them in a fire pit isn't going to change this... as you are very unlikely to be using a fire pit at that point anyways.

Bows, Ladders, Signs, Rails, Fishing Rods, Paintings, Item Frames, Fences, Gates. Arrows, Levers, and Sluices are all other ways that you can use up your sticks.

As for having an enormous amount of sticks late-game, allowing you to burn them in a fire pit isn't going to change this... as you are very unlikely to be using a fire pit at that point anyways.

Well, I can use charcoal, which is expensive and time-consuming, or I can use a next-to-free fuel in a basic technology. I'll go with the one that costs the least.

Also, I loot enough bows from Skeletons, 64 Ladders is plenty, we don't use that many signs, Rails use expensive parts, I don't fish that much, we have all the livestock we'd use fences and gates for, chickens can't breed so killing them for their feathers is pointless, we don't use that many levers, and sluice farms are for chumps.

If you are not using sticks to make ladders to go down mineshafts, then you are doing something wrong.

If you are not using sticks to make ladders to go down mineshafts, then you are doing something wrong.

stairs?

haha the guy who build his mine with stairs  :lol:

what a waste lol

haha the guy who build his mine with stairs  :lol:

what a waste lol

I make stairs for my mines because

1. I use firepits to cook and make torches, and to heat metal before I put them in the forge, and when the fire goes out, I make a new firepit. It saves logs and coal, works fine, but uses lots of sticks. I just can't afford to make lots of ladders.

2. I don't think it's a waste, because I have more copper and stone than I'll ever use. I just leave a path, then chinsle the stairs later.

3. Aesthetics. Stairs look better than ladders in my opinion.

But I think having sticks burn on firepits and the stick-charcoal is a good idea.

It'll help you get started as you don't have to waste your logs to cook food, and the stick-charcoal can let you get quick fuel if say, your pick and axe broke, and you have no coal, charcoal, or logs to make charcoal