Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrBadboy

Mud Brick/Fired Clay Brick/Pottery Age

7 posts in this topic

The Idea

I was hanging around playing TFC. While gathering some charcoal. At some point during this process. I thought to my self. Why isn't there any Mud Brick or Fired Clay Brick. As long as TFC has been around. I would of thought by now the developers would have thought of this at some point. Maybe it isn't as important as other things they'd like to do?

Straw

Since a year ago. When they added in straw. With its own  functions. Which can be used as a building block to make thatch. I loved that they wanted to give some variety to pottery/copper age. Becuase they were to short. The only way to obtain bricks is to reach the copper age with copper tools. To make buckets with planks which requires a saw. To mine the stone with a pickaxe and so forth.

To The Point, Kind Of

I hope and think at some point they'll add in these things. I'm sure theres tons and tons of ideas going through the developers heads and have been for years. But it requires time and patience. I remember over two years ago about an expansion into herblore which I never saw. Which I hope maybe one day they will still add in. Because magic is fake :P. Of course diseases and illnesses and maybe even bonus effects with potions. Would be added in to. Getting sick matters! This would bring in tons of new plant types to fool around with. Anyway, I'm getting past the point. I can do this a lot, talking to my self :angry:. I wish I had the skills to be a developer becuase I do have the time. Just not the skills. Its a work of art and like any art. Worth its weight in gold, as the saying goes.

Okay, Actual Pottery Ideas

Creation of a new pottery tool. A wrack or block type to mold or dry MudBricks. Using the items Straw, Water and Mud/Dirt. Now their isn't any item called "Mud" But mud could be made using Water and Dirt to create "Mud". Then adding Mud with Straw. To create MuddyBrick. Stackable up to x64 or x32 as a raw form like mortar. Then adding it to the ground or laying it in wracks to dry to form as Dried Mudbrick or simple called Mudbrick. Becuase we want to make it an early pottery age block.

We need to add in another type of water Jug. A larger one that is able to replace the need for this. Because this whole process would be pointless if you needed water buckets which requires you to get in to the copper age. Or just simple using the water jug we already have. But adding in a extra function for it.

Fired Clay Brick

This is something else that has already been in normal minecraft. Yet to see the daylight in TFC. Something that could add in another extra use for clay. Another early block type that should be added in. Its something that would fit more in later ages. But with the already ability making many brick types by getting in to the copper age. Its clear where to start. If it is something that could be obtained in the pottery age. That would be kool :lol:.

Same as before, just using a furnace or a kiln. To cook the clay in to FiredBrick or Brick. Using the building block, clay as a material. Then adding the clay to the kiln or furnace. To cook the clay. Now their isn't any normal furnace in TFC, yet. But its the idea. For now, a kiln will do or is good enough.

Feel free to post your thoughts on this.

Please, read and browse the forum before you suggest what was suggested hundreds of time AND implemented by addon.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/5415-creation-of-mud-brick-as-an-early-building-material/

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4581-164789-extrafirma-addon-v104/

Thanks for the reply

I'm pretty sure this topic has come up already. Cleary its as plain as day. The idea behide this thread. Is to bring more attention to it. To also share "my Ideas' behide it. Also, I'm happy to see. Theres already something like this "claybricks". But sadly, not by defualt. Which is the idea. Also, this requires a third party mod to have any effect.

Thanks for the information again tho.

Your idea is not special enough to deserve it's own thread. If you want to bring attention to it, then bump already existing thread. If everyone created their own thread for their ideas, then it would be impossible to have reasonable discussion about related ideas and impossible to gather all the ideas related to one topic.

Thanks for the

Your idea is not special enough to deserve it's own thread. If you want to bring attention to it, then bump already existing thread. If everyone created their own thread for their ideas, then it would be impossible to have reasonable discussion about related ideas and impossible to gather all the ideas related to one topic.

Thanks for the reply, again :)

Don't listen to the haters MrBadBoy, I like the ideas, and yeah search the forums next time, as long as you post new ideas on an old thread, its not Necroing :)

Don't listen to the haters MrBadBoy, I like the ideas, and yeah search the forums next time, as long as you post new ideas on an old thread, its not Necroing :)

Thanks for the support.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0