Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Wildarc25

Sluicing

14 posts in this topic

Why was it temporarily removed and when will it be back? I love this mod and i just want to take full advantage of it.

Why ? Because it was broken.

Since build 78 and will probably be back in 79.

You can now properly use the gold pan for early metal pieces.

The sluice was removed because it was broken with the addition of the salt/fresh water system, and because it was one of the first things that Bioxx coded for TFC, and hasn't really been updated since then. So a combination of "it doesn't work properly all the time in the current build" and "the system it uses needed to be rewritten anyways." Hopefully it will be back in B79, but there are no promises yet.

Since Sluicing is back is there a new recipe or whut? lol Thanks in advance

Since Sluicing is back is there a new recipe or whut? lol Thanks in advance

The crafting recipe is the same as it has always been. You can use any type of lumber in the recipe.

Posted Image

I appreciate the quick response. Am i doing it right because it wont let me place it.

post-7738-0-40895000-1415819701_thumb.pn

You place it like a bed. So you need to be standing in the last bit of water, and you need to be looking forward.

Stand on the X. Face the direction of the arrow. Right click with the sluice on the circle to place it.

Posted Image

As far as I know, you can sluice wherever you find water ...

Yeah they fixed the salt water/fresh water bug. It works in all water sources. Im still finding out how to find a prime area for sluicing. Mountain, Desert, Forrest. What kind of biome is best. If dirt or gravel is best Ect Ect....

Yeah they fixed the salt water/fresh water bug. It works in all water sources. Im still finding out how to find a prime area for sluicing. Mountain, Desert, Forrest. What kind of biome is best. If dirt or gravel is best Ect Ect....

Have you read the sluice page on the wiki yet? http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Sluice

Biomes mean absolutely nothing. The sluice is like the prospector's pick in that it scans a specific area, and will only give you ore if there was an ore vein in that area. You can't feed the sluice dirt. Feeding it gravel slightly increases the chance for getting ore, and feeding it sand slightly increases the chance of getting gems.

How do I feed the sluice? Throwing gravel/sand in the water flow?

Correct. But it seams that you have to hit the upper part of the sluice for it to accept the gravel or sand.