Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Dwaare

[solved] Bloomery not firing up.

9 posts in this topic

Created my bloomery today following instructions on http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Bloomery.

Everything worked apart that I cannot light it up using a firestarter on the bloomery door. The firestarter is making a hitting animation instead of the lighting animation and does not consume durability (I'm using the firestarter the same way as I would use it to lit something else so I'm not pressing a wrong button).

This happened during a multiplayer game with my brother, neither him could light it.

Just to double check that you aren't using the wrong button (I know you said you think it isn't). You are right-clicking with the firestarter, correct? Usually the hitting animation is done when you left-click with something, which is not the proper way to use a firestarter.

Are you sure that you put ore in your bloomery? There was a recent fix making it so that players cannot light bloomeries unless there is ore in it, to avoid players from wasting charcoal. The only ore that the bloomery will accept is Hematite, Limonite, or Magnetite. You will know that the bloomery accepted the ore because it will disappear into the charcoal block. You also need to throw in an equal amount of charcoal.

Here's an example of using the bloomery that follows the steps on the wiki exactly:

• Open the hatch and place (right click while sneaking) 8 charcoal so that the entire block is solid charcoal.
  • Climb up the top of the bloomery and throw in 16 pieces of hematite. The hematite disappears into the charcoal block, and it is no longer seen floating in the stack.
  • Throw in 16 pieces of charcoal into the stack (because you used 16 pieces of hematite). The thrown charcoal items will also disappear into the charcoal block, and will no longer be seen floating in the stack.
  • The stack of the bloomery will fill up with molten ore blocks once you throw in both the charcoal and the hematite, since you have thrown in more than 8 pieces of each.
  • Climb back down and right click on the bloomery hatch to close it, then right click on it with a firestarter to light it. Both the bloomery block and the chimney will light up to show that it is working. 

Here's an example of using the bloomery that follows the steps on the wiki exactly:

• Open the hatch and place (right click while sneaking) 8 charcoal so that the entire block is solid charcoal.

Not to be picky, but isn't it just right click without sneaking?

I simply cannot make this work.

I do what i'm supposed to building-wise

i sneak 8 charcoals on

I dump 8 lemonite ores (25 units a piece)

and 8 charcoals on top.

I've spend almost 128 lemonite ores this way, and still can't get the bloomery to ignite.

The only thing i can think of is.....Does it have to be lemonite (10 units a piece)?

and how about the bloomery door, do i ignite while open, and then close it?

Edited by Wraithypooo

I simply cannot make this work.

I do what i'm supposed to building-wise

i sneak 8 charcoals on

I dump 8 lemonite ores (25 units a piece)

and 8 charcoals on top.

I've spend almost 128 lemonite ores this way, and still can't get the bloomery to ignite.

The only thing i can think of is.....Does it have to be lemonite (10 units a piece)?

and how about the bloomery door, do i ignite while open, and then close it?

The bloomery door should be closed when you ignite it. Also make sure that the bloomery is actually consuming the ore when you throw it in. If the item is just sitting there, you are doing something wrong. You need to make sure that it actually instantly disappears as soon as you throw it in.

If the item isn't instantly disappearing when you throw it in, then there is something wrong with the way you have built your bloomery. Also make sure that there are no players standing in the chimney when you throw the items in.

Just lost 16 more ores, can't figure this one out.

I'll try to make a video and upload my efforts ;)

About the ore dropping. First 4 ores dissapear straight away, the rest is like "hopping" for a while, and then either consumed or de-spawned.

Edited by Wraithypooo

Maybe just post an image of your bloomery first. If only 4 ore and charcoal disappear and rest bounce on top it suggests that the top part of your bloomery is not valid.

Damn...i finally figured it out :D

I have been PLACING both the initial AND the last 8 charcoals....not dropping the last 8 ;)

So now, it fired up no problem.....