Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Dano6655

Everyone do you part to bug test the new build!

11 posts in this topic

I'm calling the community to attempt to break the game in anyway possible. Do whatever obscure interaction you can think of that might cause a problem, game crash, exploit, etc so we can get them fixed ASAP. For my part I've tested entering the nether and it still crashes your game with null pointer because there's no weather/climate =p. I will of course continue to post what I find properly in the support forum.

also fog is pretty ridiculous. I just made this world

Posted Image

i think acacia forests might need to be toned down a bit

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

they're kinda crazy. I can't imagine this is intended behavior. I teleported myself to X:0 Z:0 and the terrain was the same. It seems this can happen between -8000 and like 4500 Z. I didn't see any beyond that when i teleported around.

here's the seed for this world if anyone wants to look:

here's the beach tidal erosion bioxx talks about in the changelog:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i like it a lot

here's some weird terrain generation. it seems to be quite common:

Posted Image

it becomes even more apparent when looking at the minimap

Posted Image

here's another really interesting result of the new terrain generation

Posted Image

It capped me on images per single post so here's a few more. I plan on continuing to update this as I see stuff.

here's some interesting water+ravine generation:

Posted Image

Posted Image

clay generation also seems to have some issues. this is just one example:

Posted Image

i found an area with a lot of surface lava but no sulfur to be found:

Posted Image

i found an iron skeleton:

Posted Image

I agree, the equatorial "plains" are absolutely covered in Acacia trees, with the occasional jungle. The acacia forests look really nice because the leaves form a pretty solid canopy, and the jungles look much better now with vines and shrubs. It's just a shame there's practically zero places with open sky, there are mobs everywhere!

I'm trying out the new cave supports. When they work... it's great. However I keep having issues where digging or placing a block next to a H support will pop the support. I'd be okay if this was because I dug the V supports, or the blocks above the support, but this seems pretty excessive. It makes it pretty irritating to do any digging nearby supports which is... kinda the point.

Edit: forgot to mention, digging out a V-support will pop the entire column, but digging underneath the V support only breaks the bottom support, the rest stay up.

Edit 2: Bioxx's latest commits look like fixes for this, so I guess it was unintentional.

The fog should only be that bad if you copied a server world over to single player. It fixes itself the first time it rains.

The crazy acacia forests are intended.

The diagonal lines on the terrain has to do with Bioxx tweaking with some noise generators.

Underwater goldenrods were fixed in 79.2

There needs to be blocks above the lava to spawn the sulfur on.

Iron skeletons have always existed.

Told Bioxx about the support beams, will be fixed shortly.

My pictures were just observations about the world i was playing in and not a bug report. I'll save the reports for the support forum. I knew iron skeletons existed lol. Also the acacia forests are weird they seem to generate over everything, including other trees. Although assuming intended behavior I'd say this seed is really good.

How do we find sulphur? I dug down in a few places with surface lava, but nothing. I miss the old days with huge lava lakes at bedrock level.

Sulfur regenerates on any blocks that are in a 5x5 area above a lava block. If you have lava but no sulfur, place some blocks above the lava and just wait.

I agree, the equatorial "plains" are absolutely covered in Acacia trees, with the occasional jungle. The acacia forests look really nice because the leaves form a pretty solid canopy, and the jungles look much better now with vines and shrubs. It's just a shame there's practically zero places with open sky, there are mobs everywhere!

If you ever go to a rain forest, this is what is going to be like. There are no open sky in the middle of Amazon. 

If you ever go to a rain forest, this is what is going to be like. There are no open sky in the middle of Amazon. 

Yeah, and I appreciate that. It definitely feels a lot different than playing in temperate plains.I think my biggest gripe about it is how broad and homogenous the forests are. Nothing but acacia trees from -6000z to +6000z is not exactly a diverse and interesting landscape. The tree spawning parameters have changed a bit, but I'm still seeing the same thing. I looked up these parameters for the trees, and without giving away any "spoilers", I really think I should be seeing some other tree types mixed in, but it's like the Acacias have crowded them out :P. Maybe I'm unlucky but I'm starting to wonder if there's a bug in the decorator. I looked at the source and tried to wrap my head around how TFC generates trees, but I'm a little out of my depth so I have no idea if it's intentional that acacia trees grow everywhere that they possibly can.

I feel like beaches are due to some minor smoothing. Completely flat wall that is sipposed to be naturally formed doesn't look that good, and it becomes more apparent as its height increases. Also such walls tend to have some gravel piling up right underneath them, which is also a thing that can make beaches even better.