Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
kaldskryke

Give donkeys/mules "back" slots

9 posts in this topic

I love the addition of back slots, and I'm particularly fond of the woodcutter's backpack idea. Restrictions like these are fun because they lead to choices, because the player can only carry one huge item at a time. However there are times (such as when relocating a base) where carrying one barrel at a time is somewhat tedious.

Since it is somewhat difficult to find a donkey in TFC, I think it would be fair if they had, say, two "back" slots. Donkeys would then be a unique way to increase how many things you can move at once, and it would be a believable way to encourage their use as a beast of burden. Making Donkeys more valuable would also entice players to go exploring to find them, which is generally a good thing.

Are donkeys currently unable to carry barrels and large vessles because of not having back slots? overburdened?

Are donkeys currently unable to carry barrels and large vessles because of not having back slots? overburdened?

I'm not entirely sure. I haven't been able to find a donkey in my world yet, and while I can spawn them in creative I can't seem to find a way to force Familiarity enough to open their "inventory". I haven't had much luck feeding them, either, I'm not sure if their hunger is going down too slowly or what.That said, I suspect they are currently able to, without overburdening, which is probably a little unbalanced.

Hey look the op referenced my idea, I'm glad everyone likes that ^^Personally, love the concept of more back items, and utilizing a donkey or mule to suck a purpose has already been brought to my mind, incedently I actually have a family of donkeys nearby in my first world I've been playing so far. I don't know if they actually have "back" slots as much as they do just have chest ones.

That said, I suspect they are currently able to, without overburdening, which is probably a little unbalanced.

ya thinking about it that would be unbalanced, donkeys have, what 16-20 inventory slots and if you could fill all that barrels, ya way OP.

ya thinking about it that would be unbalanced, donkeys have, what 16-20 inventory slots and if you could fill all that barrels, ya way OP.

Think he means the addition of giving them back slots in place of chests, that way they can carry things like 2 barrels for example. That's just my guess though.

Ahh, ya I interpreted it as add a back slot along with the chests. I like replacing the chests with barrels idea better, it solved the inventory problem and would allow you to carry liquids. ya cool.

Ahh, ya I interpreted it as add a back slot along with the chests. I like replacing the chests with barrels idea better, it solved the inventory problem and would allow you to carry liquids. ya cool.

Serves the same function as the chests, with the addition of sealed barrels if needed. Still have the active inventory space too. ^^