Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yuuki_Minoru

Markings availability

8 posts in this topic

I think it would be a good idea to give the player the ability to make markings with objects other than ink sacks, as they can be super rare in a world with out a readily available ocean.

Perhaps the player could use charcoal to make markings, or make ink from mushrooms, or, more historically accurately, make ink form graphite when ground and mixed with water.

I think it's a really good idea, because finding squids is even harder than finding native platinum.

I think it's a really good idea, because finding squids is even harder than finding native platinum.

WHAT? This is.... just wrong. Except for the pres where squid were not spawning they are VERY easy to find. I have a small pond next to my base where squid spawn regularly. Squid are in now way at all rare and they don not only spawn in oceans. This is not to say that I don't agree that other things should be used to make markings. I like the graphite idea and the charcoal idea, both make sense and would be nice to have in the game, but I would say that the reason to add them would be because it's realistic not because squid are rare, they are VERY common.

WHAT? This is.... just wrong. Except for the pres where squid were not spawning they are VERY easy to find. I have a small pond next to my base where squid spawn regularly. Squid are in now way at all rare and they don not only spawn in oceans. This is not to say that I don't agree that other things should be used to make markings. I like the graphite idea and the charcoal idea, both make sense and would be nice to have in the game, but I would say that the reason to add them would be because it's realistic not because squid are rare, they are VERY common.

Obviously not to everyone, that includes me, on my third world (with the new beta) and no squids.. At all!

And I have alooot water

Obviously not to everyone, that includes me, on my third world (with the new beta) and no squids.. At all!

And I have alooot water

Bioxx just remedied a bug which was hindering squid spawns for some people in pre22. Make sure you have the latest release (b2pre23+).

And I have alooot water

What pre-prelease were you running when you couldn't find squid? Like I said, I like the ideas but this is a beta mod. If you aren't finding any squid at all then you can be sure that it's because of a bug, which means it will be fixed or it already has and you need to update your mod to the newest release. Everyone who is running pre24, which is the most up-to-date release can find squids if they just hang out near some water for a while.

This is a good idea, I agree that charcoal can be used to make markings like it was in the real world at one point.

I used the latest at that time, now it's been fixed, Jesus he updates alot.

And yeah using charcoal would make alot sense, maybe by killing squids you get more markings then with charcoal?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0