Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Calvissuperman

Multiplayer Time Fix

4 posts in this topic

I really like playing games with my friends, and minecraft is just made for that. So naturally, I installed this mod on a server and started having fun! After one day of playing, I logged out and came back the next morning. I log in to a dead character, and 6 months of time has passed in my world.

Is there a way to fix this? So far the only method I've found to keeping time in check was to install McMyAdmin and use a setting to turn off the server after no players are logged on, and start it back up when someone tries to connect. I feel like there is an easier way to keep time from running forward without anyone around, and I think it is something that needs to be implemented directly with the core mod.

Thanks for reading!

Calvissuperman

There is a config setting that slows time when no one is online. Default I believe is 1 tick in 100, but you can set it as slow as you want. The bigger the number the slower time passes on an empty server.

What version of TFC are you playing? Without the server sleep function of TFC that was added in 79.0, it should take at a minimum 16 real-life hours in order for 6 months to pass in-game. With the server sleep function that was added in 79.0, and is set to slow down the server when no-one is online by default, it should take even longer.

There's also no explanation for why you would log into a dead character, unless you are possibly hosting via LAN, instead of a dedicated server like you are supposed to be doing. What version of forge are you using, and are there any other mods installed on the server?

What you experienced is not normal behavior at all.

This was back a while ago, like around May 2014. I would login dead from loss of hunger and water. I see now that this is not an issue anymore, so I am glad that my server is running as I want it to. I was just worried I'd be getting the same results as I did back in May. Haven't had any weird issues like that and I'm having a ton of fun! Thanks for the reply!