Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
iPotato13

Cows Not Being Milked

7 posts in this topic

Hello TerraFirmaCrafters!

Back when 79 came out, I became excited with the ability to make cheese and began "churning out" pounds of the stuff. In the latest updates (79.13-79.15), I find I can no longer milk my familiarized cows. Is this happening to anyone else? Thanks!

-iPotato

Posted Image

Edited by Kittychanley
There is a button on the formatter directly to the left of the <> symbols. Put your .png link in there to display images.

You can only milk cows once every 24 in-game hours. Are you absolutely positive she hasn't already been milked recently?

Edit: The height of the familiarity heart is a bit suspicious. Have you recently used any time-related commands such as /time set day or /time set night? Either of those do not work in TFC and screw up the calendar, meaning that your female cow is no longer an adult, and therefore not old enough to be milked. The fastest way to test this theory is if you have a mod such as Damage Indicators installed, where looking at the animal will say "Baby Cow" instead of just "Cow".

Postitive. I haven't touched my animal pen, or even been to that area of my base, since I bred my animals (>24 hours)

Have you done anything at all that would screw with the current in-game time such as using a command, installing some time-editing mod, or editing the TFC config files? If you open up your calendar, does the current date appear to be correct, or does it seem like you may have gone back in time?

Well I haven't used any /time set commands, but I have edited my config files to lengthen the year by a few weeks... Though the heart indicator is wonky for all of my animals now that you pointed it out

Yup, that would have done it. I would bet that if you change your config file back to the values it was set to, that your animals would be fixed again. Otherwise you're just going to have to wait until your in-game calendar catches back up to the date that your game was at before you changed the configs.

Note: This is why the bug report template (which you technically broke rule #4 by not using) suggests you delete your configs before reporting bugs.

Alright. Guess I'll just have to do with the cheese I have until then. Thanks! (And thanks for the tip with the pictures too c:)