Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
maximum

Version and forge help please

24 posts in this topic

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in large text at the top of the support forum? Yes/

Answering "no" to the above question will result in your post being deleted.

TFC Version #: 77.22 Forge Version #: 1.6.4-9.11.1953  SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/): Description:  Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug? (Yes/  Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed? /No):If yes, which mods?  I want to use THIS version of forge, but I am not sure if it is the right TFC version, if not please help, it doesn't say the forge version for all old versions except the previous one so I wasn't sure. Whenever I try to use those settings while following the guide, it doesn't allow me to run this version of forge, weather it has the TFC mod file or not. It says "CheckforComodification(unknownsource)" in the crash report. Sadly the forum won't allow me to attach the report on the thread. If you need more information let me know 

I assume you mean 1.6.4.9.11.1.953. Did you run the installer or try and manually do it? Crash log or it didn't happen.

I ran the game using the minecraft launcher while it said it was under that version of forge. However their was no pop-up report, I had to look in the TFC file to check

Do you know if I was using the right version of forge/TFC? all I want is to transfer my world from 1.6.2/1.6.4 to my other computer, and the forge listed above is the one is used

if I am able to use the new 1.7.10 version on my old world which I used 1.6.4, then I would be able to just download the new forge and TFC and try that

all I need is the exact version of forge AND tfc that uses 1.6.2

I tried copying my old world onto the new 1.7.10 version and it worked, but all the tool rakes and tools were gone and the WHOLE ocean was leaves! all I need to know is the forge and tfc version that is compatible with 1.6.2 so I can copy my world over

I just checked and I was running 1.6.4

so I need the tfc build compatible for the 1.6.4 forge 9.11.1.953, that's all I need right now

now I keep trying to run the forge stated above but the game won't pop up after clicking play. NOW what I need is a version of forge that is 1.6.4 and the tfc build number

The change log archive lists when they change the forge version they built with. I'm not even sure if build 77 was 1.6.4 compatible. In general you have to start a new world when there is a new major build. I.e. 77, 78 or 79.

all I need to know is what forge and TFC build is compatible with 1.6.4, I tried to play on my world again but it doesn't pop up after I press play, same as my desktop.

I told you where the information can be found. That is 2 major builds ago and it is unlikely anyone knows without going and searching themselves. So read the changelogs and try and find the official posts from the release of those builds.

Now I am having a problem where any forge I run that isn't 1.7 doesn't bring up the game at all! This is when I use forge 9.11.1.965 and all forges I've tried and with and without game directory (which leads to the file with TFC). So I don't know why forge isn't starting the game at all, if it did I could load the mod and play my world

Go to where you installed TFC, next to the mods folder there is a folder for crash reports. Look for any files that have a timestamp that corresponds to the time that you tried launching the game. If you do, copy the text of it to pastebin.com and post the link to the pastebin here.

Without any logs, we really can't help you.

I can only attach things when I start a thread i think, and i cant paste things into this box so i would have to make a new thread to show it i think

Click this link:

http://pastebin.com/

Open up your crash report.

Hit Ctrl + A, then Ctrl + C.

Go back to the website you just opened, click on the big box, and hit Ctrl + V.

Click Submit.

It will bring up a new page, put your cursor in the URL address bar, and once again do Ctrl + A, then Ctrl + C.

Start a new reply to this topic, and hit Ctrl + V to paste the URL.

If you absolutely insist on not using that and instead attaching the file, hit "More Reply Options" on the bottom right next to where it says "Post" to bring up the full editor that allows you to include attachments.

http://pastebin.com/bgQ19LNN

There it is

this happens any time i try to run any forge that's not 1.7

Edit: you can edit posts there is no need to reply over and over.

Edited by Bunsan

You have to downgrade to Java 7. Java 8 is only compatible with forge for Minecraft 1.7 and later.

Uninstall Java 8. Install Java 7. If you don't know how to do that, I suggest you google it or find someone who is more familiar with computers and installing/updating/downgrading software. This support forum is just for TerraFirmaCraft, so there's really not much more we can do to help you since your issue isn't actually related to the mod.

ok im downloading java 7

i downloaded 64 bit java update 7 but it still isn't starting the game after pressing play!

Did you uninstall Java 8? Minecraft is going to use the latest version of Java unless you explicitly tell it not to in the profile editor.

yes I did, only java version 7 64 bit is only on my computer

now It is no longer making a text document in the file, only a LCK and # file. I don't know what either of these do

Are you using the newer Minecraft launcher that comes bundled with Java 8? Hit edit profile and look at what version of Java it is using, and make sure it's pointed at your Java 7 installation.

it says

C:Program Files (x86)Minecraftruntimejre-x641.8.0_25binjavaw.exe

For executable under java settings in advanced. Im not sure if this is what your looking for

im not seeing a java version when I hit edit profile

1.8.0_25 means that it is using java 8. If it was using Java 7, it would say 1.7, not 1.8

The newer Minecraft launcher installs its own copy of Java 8 that is a lot more work to uninstall than just normal. You need to change that path in the edit profile screen so it is pointing to java 7.

Right now that box has the path (location) of the java 8 installation. You need to change it to the path of your java 7 installation. Like I said before, this is a support forum for TerraFirmaCraft, so we really can't hold your hand through this.

We've been more than helpful, but at this point I'm going to lock this thread because the issue is no longer relevant to this forum.