Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
MiaMia

[Solved] Bloomery problem

8 posts in this topic

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in large text at the top of the support forum? (Yes/No): Yes

TFC Version #: 0.79.20 Forge Version #: 10.13.3.1403 SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer): SSP Description: 

I built a bloomery (with highest possible chimney - 3 bricks above the bloomery door). I wanted to make bloom out of 24 hematite pieces. After I dropped 16, no more wanted to "melt" into the dark mass. I thought maybe I built smaller chimney after all, but whatever. I started to drop charcoal, but the bloomery only "ate" 4 pieces, the rest is not "melting" into the dark mass. I remembered from 0.79.15 that you just need to wait a few seconds sometimes for the items to "melt", but I waited a full minute - nothing happened. I tried to restart the game - didn't help. I'm putting here a screenshot of my half-filled bloomery.

Note: It was snowing when I started to drop stuff - but there was NO snow layer inside the chimney, I checked before dropping the first piece. Now it's not snowing anymore, but I cannot add anything to the chimney. I also tried to just start the bloomery, but it won't start. Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug? (Yes/No):  default Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed? (Yes/No): If yes, which mods? 

Rei's minimap, JourneyMap, Nei+Waila, FastCraft (1.21), TFC Scales (I promise, we did not touch the bloomery ;)If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them? (Yes/No): not using either  

post-17422-0-76474400-1437213683_thumb.p

You are not using the recommended forge version for the 0.79.20 build. Please update and see if that fixes the issue.

I was sure I had updated forge... 

I updated to forge to 10.13.4.1448. Still, my bloomery will not swallow more charcoal. Waila says "ore: 16, charcoal: 4" and I cannot do anything.

I guess I have to dig it out :(

Update:

I dug out the bloomery door, I dug out the charcoal and the molten blocks. I put the bloomery door in again. I put 8 charcoals on the bottom of the chimney. Went up, started dropping ore. Again, only 16 ore "sunk", the other 8 did not. I switched to charcoal, only 4 "sunk", the rest did not. So, it behaved exactly like last time. Only this time the forge is new and it's not snowing anymore.

Frontal view of my bloomery: http://snag.gy/YSBK6.jpg

Edited by MiaMia

Are you removing the iron that is loose before dropping charcoal in? Try this: throw all 24 iron in and immediately throw in 24 charcoal. This may be what you are doing, but since no one else has has complained at this point I have to assume user error. I'll test myself when I can get to my computer.

Yes, I removed the loose iron before I started to drop charcoal.

I tried it your way - drop everything very fast. It works, but only when I *really* hit Q fast and switch fast between charcoal and iron. If I hesitate for a second there - it's stuck :(

Soo... you kinda solved my problem, but I don't remember having to be so quick in 0.79.15.

Try instead of using the drop key just dragging it out of your inventory window and clicking.

Both the ore and the charcoal have to be in the chimney at the same time. The problem is that you removed the loose ore before adding the charcoal. When the chimney sees 1 ore and 1 charcoal in at the same time, it will consume both. If the chimney sees 1 ore but no charcoal, it won't consume it. If it sees 1 charcoal but no ore, it won't consume it. You do not have to mash the Q button to alternate between the two. Open up your inventory, drag the entire stack of ore off to the side to drop it, then do the same with the charcoal. They will both be in the chimney at the same time, and therefore will be consumed. Also pay attention to where you are standing. As a precautionary measure, the bloomery will not accept any items if there is a player blocking the chimney.

Another alternative to "mashing" the Q button is to use <SHIFT-Q> - that will throw everything from your hand :)