Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

  • Announcements

    • Crysyn

      Only help if you can be helpful

      Hey All, A topic has come up of late in the IRC channel in regards to the general feel of the forums and the community that supports them. Things have progressed further than I would have liked with out this being addressed more publicly because I would much rather have snubbed this out sooner rather than later.. but I have been busy. Here is the general rule I would like people to follow: Wheaton's Law "Don't be a dick." Those of you from the IRC channel know that this is the only rule I ask people in there to follow and we generally have a good and lively time chatting about all manner of things. This is basic rule that just about everyone understands and I am going to expand it to the forums from here moving forward. If you can not help people in a helpful and polite manner then I simply ask you to stop. Now I generally take a back seat to moderating the forums as I like to participate in the suggestions forum fairly heavily at times and would rather do so as a forums user than a moderator. But I am also fairly well known for being the person who constantly puts their foot down and so I am stepping up and doing so on here. If you find yourself unable to respond to a message politely then I ask that you do not respond. This mostly focuses on the increasing level of hostility found within the Suggestion forum as well as the Server forum. I do not care if this is the 30th some odd time you have seen someone make the same suggestion. Or even if the new post on an older topic is one entry above the old one. I expect the members of this forum to respond politely to the user, new or old, and point to the older topic if it applies and even go the extra step to suggest they either add in new information or to summarize the outcome of the previous discussion based upon the new post's entry into it. That is what we are here for, that is why I close most topics instead of deleting them, so that they can be found and referenced down the road. The next topic is the slew of derailment attempts I have seen as of late. If you want to have fun and joke around that is what the off topic forum is for and pretty much anything goes there. I do not expect to read a suggestion thread and have to go through 3 pages of image memes people have shot back and forth. Quite simply this is a waste of my time to read and then have to clean up. Now for the summary. I am going to start taking a more active role, especially in policing the suggestion forum, and handing out warn levels to people whom I see doing this. These will be indiscriminate and applied not to just the first person who derails or is impolite on a topic or response, but to everyone whom follows the lead of that person. As I do not like doing things with out giving you all warning this post shall serve as that warning. If you have a desire to bring this topic up with me then I invite you to do so on the IRC channel. Lets raise the level of quality and grow the community. Let us not descend into the quality often found on the minecraft or league of legend forums. There is simply no need for that here. Be passionate about things, just do not be abusive.
    • Kittychanley

      Offline Servers

      Recently I've seen a few server listings showing up on the first page of the Servers forum that have been closed for an extended period of time, but have recently gotten a reply from a new member who didn't realize the server is offline. To help prevent this from happening in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the report function on the original post of any servers that have been confirmed as offline, so that the topic may be locked. If you are the admin of a server and plan on taking the server offline, please use the report function on the original post of your topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be locked. If you are the admin of a server that has a locked topic, and would wish to bring the server back online, please use the report function on the original post of the topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be unlocked. As always, please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."
TaeoG

Taeo's WIP addons - TerraThaumcraft, TTFCAPI, TTFCMat

704 posts in this topic

Currently world gen is my focus. At the moment I'm making my custom ores work properly with TFC explosion mechanics, after that I will be focusing a bit on a few other ports I'm working on, ie making all Forestry bee hives spawn, Tinkers' construct ores, etc

After that I plan on finishing implementing the Thaumcraft equipment. I'll likely be implementing Thaumium Steel as a requirement for the higher tier weapons and armor

Then I can look at getting Enchantment working

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not really related, but felt like showing people, here are Forestry Demonic bees doing what they do, from my WIP Forestry port.

Spoiler

Close proximity to lava is "Hellish" temperatures, and sulfur is the "Nether" flower. Works well. 

ctnDtzB.png

 

Edited by TaeoG
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have never played Thaumcraft, so maybe I am talking non sense. Shouldn't the Beehive be made of something else than wood? Maybe Obsidian? Or some other Nether material?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like you're getting close to a usable form. Any idea if there are plans to release it near completion or are you waiting until it's fully finished to release for others to test? 

EDIT: Just viewed the previous page and noticed the alpha download link. Should have looked before posting. I'll be trying it out when I'm able to download it.

Edited by KalDragon
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2016 at 10:40 AM, TonyLiberatto said:

Have never played Thaumcraft, so maybe I am talking non sense. Shouldn't the Beehive be made of something else than wood? Maybe Obsidian? Or some other Nether material?

was "thaumcraft" a typo? That was from my forestry port. And yes, the bee hive should be made out of something other than wood to be put beside lava.  But, its not my mod, just a port :)

 

On 9/27/2016 at 2:50 AM, KalDragon said:

Seems like you're getting close to a usable form. Any idea if there are plans to release it near completion or are you waiting until it's fully finished to release for others to test? 

EDIT: Just viewed the previous page and noticed the alpha download link. Should have looked before posting. I'll be trying it out when I'm able to download it.

Have fun, but heed the warning. This is an alpha, an actual alpha, meaning the codebase isn't stable and major things could change at any point, breaking save games and crashing stuff. So use at your own risk with that in mind.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an FYI.  Using the sluice with your Thaumcraft Conversion causes a lot of issues.  I have to MCedit out the sluice in order to get the world to load up.  I have tested and removing your conversion will allow the world to load with no issues.  Not a big issue as the sluice is not really used by anyone and can be hidden and the recipe removed in modpacks, but still something to look at.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thats a weird one. I'll have a look

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grimkor said:

Just an FYI.  Using the sluice with your Thaumcraft Conversion causes a lot of issues.  I have to MCedit out the sluice in order to get the world to load up.  I have tested and removing your conversion will allow the world to load with no issues.  Not a big issue as the sluice is not really used by anyone and can be hidden and the recipe removed in modpacks, but still something to look at.

Can you give me any error messages or a description of your issues?
EDIT: scratch that, got it to crash. Should be able to fix it here in a minute.

Edited by TaeoG
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I've added download links to the OP, the newest version of TTFCAPI fixes the sluice issue.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TaeoG said:

Ok, I've added download links to the OP, the newest version of TTFCAPI fixes the sluice issue.

 

 

Sorry I wasn't faster to reply.  Great that you have it fixed.  I'll give it a try as well. 

Edited by Grimkor
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grimkor said:

Yep.. Issue is resolved

nice

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2016 at 8:46 PM, TaeoG said:

nice

Anything happened since this? Or have you been understandably busy with life/other addons?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dittoisepic said:

Anything happened since this? Or have you been understandably busy with life/other addons?

I successfully ported Binnies Bees to forestry 4 and got all the beehives from forestry, binnies bees and magic bees to spawn appropriately in TFC.

Why? Well I run a minecraft server for a group of friends and their kids, and they've been waiting on this server going up for a while, so I'm making sure all the worldgen for the various mods I'm bringing into TFC works, so I don't have to restart the map on the server every time I update this crossover or the others I'm working on.

Anyway, once I have world gen for all the mods sorted out (all I have left is to add apatite for Forestry and some sort of aluminum production for everything else) then I can go back to making other features work.

Today, however is thanksgiving. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone. Also happy Leif Erikson day.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2016 at 11:57 AM, TaeoG said:

I successfully ported Binnies Bees to forestry 4 and got all the beehives from forestry, binnies bees and magic bees to spawn appropriately in TFC.

Why? Well I run a minecraft server for a group of friends and their kids, and they've been waiting on this server going up for a while, so I'm making sure all the worldgen for the various mods I'm bringing into TFC works, so I don't have to restart the map on the server every time I update this crossover or the others I'm working on.

Anyway, once I have world gen for all the mods sorted out (all I have left is to add apatite for Forestry and some sort of aluminum production for everything else) then I can go back to making other features work.

Today, however is thanksgiving. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone. Also happy Leif Erikson day.

I am also Canadian, happy thanksgiving :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2016 at 5:29 PM, TaeoG said:

Currently 100% non-configurable, but that will change before Beta release. I can add a configuration to disable the world-gen if you want, but that is honestly the bulk of this port.

What fluid would you want to use in the crucible? It would have to be a Forge Fluid, and you would have to fill it with a Forge Fluid Container item at the minimum. I'd have to redo the render code if it was going to be anything other than water

Arcane furnace is completely unchanged, and will remain that way I imagine. I don't see any potential incompatibility between it and TFC, and the changes I've made to the aspect system are universal across all devices, ie thaumometer, crucible, etc.

Personally, I feel that there is enough useless default-on world gen in TFC that you can just use all that stuff, instead of going through all the work you did to get the Thaumcraft worldgen to work in TFC. It also would feel more like TFC, in my opinion, though to each their own, and I know you've already put in the time and effort to get Thaumcraft world gen to work in TFC...

For the fluid I'd like to use in the crucible, I was actually hoping to add my own fluid, made from combining limewater and salis mundus, called Aqua Salis. I was actually hoping to make this be a kind of 'base' which you 'combine' with items using heat to create all essentia, and also have a way to convert all essentia back into Aqua Salis, though that would obviously require someone to code it.

In any case, I think you should probably just ignore my suggestion. You're obviously doing this port very differently then I would've done, and I don't feel partial implementation of my ideas would really be worth it.

Edited by abculatter_2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, abculatter_2 said:

Personally, I feel that there is enough useless default-on world gen in TFC that you can just use all that stuff, instead of going through all the work you did to get the Thaumcraft worldgen to work in TFC. It also would feel more3 like TFC, in my opinion, though to each their own, and I know you've already put in the time and effort to get Thaumcraft world gen to work in TFC...

For the fluid I'd like to use in the crucible, I was actually hoping to add my own fluid, made from combining limewater and salis mundus, called Aqua Salis. I was actually hoping to make this be a kind of 'base' which you 'combine' with items using heat to create all essentia, and also have a way to convert all essentia back into Aqua Salis, though that would obviously require someone to code it.

I can see what you're saying, and I will include a configuration to disable the worldgen, but you'll have to figure out your own way to acquire quartz, silverwood, greatwood, cinnabar, amber, and elemental stone. Or choose replacements from already generating items of course. Tools like Minetweaker can allow you to add recipes to use those replacement items without needing to code anything, and even to boost damage on the weapons and everything. Plenty of people are playing thaumcraft with TFC already, semi successfully, without even knowing my port (almost) exists. I made some considerable changes to how Nodes spawn as well, I'll see about making them enable-able separate from the rest of the worldgen.

 

As for your fluid idea, I'd suggest trying to work within the Barrel Recipe system, as the crucible doesn't really work in the way you've defined but the barrel does. Heat won't really be a factor though. If you want to use heat with barrel-style recipes, keep an eye out for an alchemistry addon I have in the works, or my cooking one. Or maybe someone else has already made an addon that allows you to heat fluids, who knows. Long story short, I'd have to completely rewrite the crucible's code and I'm not really interested in doing that, my goal has always been to make things work as closely to the original as possible.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea of using barrels to make essentia crossed my mind, though there's unfortunately no way to automate that, and I feel that automation is a major feature in Thaumcraft. Also, I would prefer if it were make in a non-wooden barrel, since it doesn't really make sense to make something that supposedly can break down anything with MAGIC, but somehow doesn't break down the wood. I also had the idea of adding an Incalcinate Clay, which would be used in a large number of recipes (including Arcane Stone)

Actually, now that I think about it, I might as well post the ideas thread I made a looong time ago here again; terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8075-praecantatio-thaumcraft-integration-mod/

That's basically what I envision for a TFC + TC integration mod, and describes it in some detail. I don't know how much of it has been updated with some of my newer ideas, but there it is.

Edited by abculatter_2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2016 at 5:19 PM, abculatter_2 said:

The idea of using barrels to make essentia crossed my mind, though there's unfortunately no way to automate that, and I feel that automation is a major feature in Thaumcraft. Also, I would prefer if it were make in a non-wooden barrel, since it doesn't really make sense to make something that supposedly can break down anything with MAGIC, but somehow doesn't break down the wood. I also had the idea of adding an Incalcinate Clay, which would be used in a large number of recipes (including Arcane Stone)

Actually, now that I think about it, I might as well post the ideas thread I made a looong time ago here again; terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/8075-praecantatio-thaumcraft-integration-mod/

That's basically what I envision for a TFC + TC integration mod, and describes it in some detail. I don't know how much of it has been updated with some of my newer ideas, but there it is.

I have definitely looked at your thread multiple times. I quite like your ideas.

2 minutes ago, dittoisepic said:

Will the forestry port include mailboxes?

honestly the only reason I'm working on a forestry port is I love the beekeeping aspect, and that's all I've ever used the mod for. I thought it fit into the theme of TFC fairly well. Unlike this port, I don't expect the forestry one will ever be feature complete, as things like autofarms sort of defeat the purpose of a lot of TFC. The mailboxes allow you to send things to each other, and also set up some kind of catalogue for ordering things from each other, right? Might be interesting for players who don't play often enough to tend their own gardens or live far from other players. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TaeoG said:

I have definitely looked at your thread multiple times. I quite like your ideas.

honestly the only reason I'm working on a forestry port is I love the beekeeping aspect, and that's all I've ever used the mod for. I thought it fit into the theme of TFC fairly well. Unlike this port, I don't expect the forestry one will ever be feature complete, as things like autofarms sort of defeat the purpose of a lot of TFC. The mailboxes allow you to send things to each other, and also set up some kind of catalogue for ordering things from each other, right? Might be interesting for players who don't play often enough to tend their own gardens or live far from other players. 

Mailboxes essentially allow players to send items long-distance without too much difficulty, although it isn't free and a railroad would likely be better in the long run. They also have something of an autoshop feature, although this too consumes some resources. It's very secure and in my mind allows for safe trading where you don't need to worry about getting stiffed, killed, or greifed. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been having a tough issue on our server recently. When ever we place a wand inside the Arcane Workbench our client crashes. I have been unable to recreate this bug in single player so it definitely something on the server itself.

Here is the crashlog I am getting: CRASH

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, OneWolfe said:

We have been having a tough issue on our server recently. When ever we place a wand inside the Arcane Workbench our client crashes. I have been unable to recreate this bug in single player so it definitely something on the server itself.

Here is the crashlog I am getting: CRASH

I don't know if its just how Azanor formats his code, of if there is something wrong with my decompiler, but sometimes his code gets jumbled out the other end in unexpected, yet syntactically correct, ways. This is one of those cases. a0.7.2 should fix that issue, you'll find it in the linked mega folder.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now