Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Crysyn

Only help if you can be helpful

Hey All, A topic has come up of late in the IRC channel in regards to the general feel of the forums and the community that supports them. Things have progressed further than I would have liked with out this being addressed more publicly because I would much rather have snubbed this out sooner rather than later.. but I have been busy. Here is the general rule I would like people to follow: Wheaton's Law "Don't be a dick." Those of you from the IRC channel know that this is the only rule I ask people in there to follow and we generally have a good and lively time chatting about all manner of things. This is basic rule that just about everyone understands and I am going to expand it to the forums from here moving forward. If you can not help people in a helpful and polite manner then I simply ask you to stop. Now I generally take a back seat to moderating the forums as I like to participate in the suggestions forum fairly heavily at times and would rather do so as a forums user than a moderator. But I am also fairly well known for being the person who constantly puts their foot down and so I am stepping up and doing so on here. If you find yourself unable to respond to a message politely then I ask that you do not respond. This mostly focuses on the increasing level of hostility found within the Suggestion forum as well as the Server forum. I do not care if this is the 30th some odd time you have seen someone make the same suggestion. Or even if the new post on an older topic is one entry above the old one. I expect the members of this forum to respond politely to the user, new or old, and point to the older topic if it applies and even go the extra step to suggest they either add in new information or to summarize the outcome of the previous discussion based upon the new post's entry into it. That is what we are here for, that is why I close most topics instead of deleting them, so that they can be found and referenced down the road. The next topic is the slew of derailment attempts I have seen as of late. If you want to have fun and joke around that is what the off topic forum is for and pretty much anything goes there. I do not expect to read a suggestion thread and have to go through 3 pages of image memes people have shot back and forth. Quite simply this is a waste of my time to read and then have to clean up. Now for the summary. I am going to start taking a more active role, especially in policing the suggestion forum, and handing out warn levels to people whom I see doing this. These will be indiscriminate and applied not to just the first person who derails or is impolite on a topic or response, but to everyone whom follows the lead of that person. As I do not like doing things with out giving you all warning this post shall serve as that warning. If you have a desire to bring this topic up with me then I invite you to do so on the IRC channel. Lets raise the level of quality and grow the community. Let us not descend into the quality often found on the minecraft or league of legend forums. There is simply no need for that here. Be passionate about things, just do not be abusive.
    • Kittychanley

Offline Servers

Recently I've seen a few server listings showing up on the first page of the Servers forum that have been closed for an extended period of time, but have recently gotten a reply from a new member who didn't realize the server is offline. To help prevent this from happening in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the report function on the original post of any servers that have been confirmed as offline, so that the topic may be locked. If you are the admin of a server and plan on taking the server offline, please use the report function on the original post of your topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be locked. If you are the admin of a server that has a locked topic, and would wish to bring the server back online, please use the report function on the original post of the topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be unlocked. As always, please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."
Bunsan

[TFC 0.79.29.922] TerrafirmaPack

140 posts in this topic

ok thank you, but yes i was trying to change the config after loading and starting a new game. Even after crashing it didn't add the json file in.

Please provide me with a crashlog and try reinstalling the build 7.0 of pack now.

1. Installed build 7.0 from AT Launcher

2. MC crashed but the  injectedDependencies.json was in the config folder this time

3. Changed the fluid hacks both to true

4. Game crashed again

5. I can get to the main menu only when fluid hacks are false

http://pastebin.com/Fb0Cvx4U

Yeah this is a different crash. I'll have to go through the stack trace to figure out what is causing it.

Sorry for delay I got distracted. Your issue is a render issue, but I don't understand it. It says fluid block, but says issue is minecraft:textures/atlas/blocks.png I have no idea what that is. Are you using a texturepack?

I am but I tried loading the game without it and it still crashes with fluids hack enabled. The crash won't even let me get to the menu screen. 

Edit: Made a new instance of the game that never loaded in a custom texture pack and this is the crash.

http://pastebin.com/dMa6bmuC

As far as I can tell, its the same one.

Edited by Teagan75

cuchaz.ships.core{1.7.10-1.0.2}
Enchiridion{1.3}
Enchiridion2{2.0.2a}
LunatriusCore{1.1.2.21}
Schematica{1.7.6.131}
cuchaz.cuchazinteractive{1.7.10-1.0}
cuchaz.ships{1.7.10-1.0.2}

None of these mods are in the pack.

I can not recreate the error. I'm assuming you are adding, changing, tweaking or doing something to pack. I really can't help you as I don't know what you are doing and you aren't providing me with useful info. Load fresh instance of pack from ATL, don't do anything to it and recreate crash.

Well, I forgot I was messing around with that one. I installed a fresh instance and didn't do anything to it except changed the config for TFC Tweaks which is what I need to do in order to use TFC fluids in Railcraft correct?

That is when it crashes before the main menu. I can play the game fine with TFC fluid hacks set to false but not when it is true.

http://pastebin.com/SnwxHQb8

Edit: I use MultiMC so I tried doing the same thing on the AT Launcher and it still crashed. I can't give any more info than I already have since that is all I have done.

Edit: Here is the same crash from the ATLauncher http://pastebin.com/r26JT0yD

Edit: I removed all mods except for TFC, TFC Tweaks, Railcraft and TFC Railcraft and everything loaded without a crash. Fluid hacks were set to true. So it is an issue with another mod.

Edit: So with more testing, I was able to load in every mod except for liteloader. I get the above crash when fluid hacks are true and liteloader is in the mod folder. I took it out and everything loads in.

Edited by Teagan75

Ok I'll talk to dries. It will be a mod loading order thing.

His script for load order should update itself. Does it crash on the second load.

Edited by Bunsan

yes that is the second crash after the first initial one that puts that json file in

Odd Jason should fix it. I've told dries. Will see what solution we can find. Maybe switch mini maps in the mean time.

yeah I use journeymap exclusively so I don't think I need liteloader for anything else. At least not that I could tell.

I don't think I've included macro key mod in pack, so would just be voxel map. If you click voxel then something else it will still put liteloader in. It is a known ATL bug.

To the person reporting the pack crash on IRC. Your issue is Java. The latest Better Foliage needs Java 8. Everyone should be using Java 8 for a whole host of reasons and there is no reason not to update it.

Edited by Bunsan

We're having an issue where only chipped agates work in the protection meter recipe.  We are using the Decorations addon in the pack.  Could this be a conflict?  Thanks.

It is because you have the gem module on. It breaks recipes. I though that main bug was fixed in forge though. What version of forge are you using?

That's most likely it. Will let you know. Thanks.

Do you have any plans to add your TerraFirmaStuff mod to the pack?  Looks really interesting.

Yeah I'm going to put it in. I didn't get time before going away. I'm heading home for weekend and so will be adding it in.

Thanks for the help over on the subreddit Bunsan. I appreciate it. We can continue here if you'd like. or over there. :)

Build 7.2-0.79.28.908

New Mods
- TerrafirmaStuff by Bunsan

Updated Mods
- UdaryMod 0.2.31
- TerraMisc 0.9.3
- Fastcraft 1.23
- Better Foliage 2.0.7

Build 7.3-0.79.28.908

New Mod
- Finger in the Wind by Konlii

Updated Mods
- TerraMisc 0.10.0
- Better Foliage 2.0.9
- VoxelMap 1.6.7

Edited by Bunsan

Can't find the update on the launcher...

It is the build 7.0. I had been doing it this way to not spam everyone to update when an addon they don't use updates. 

Edited by Bunsan