Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
MisteRibi

Game time based on system time!?

19 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

The tree fruits is a good idea, but waiting game's months for having fruits is too long!

I'm think it would be possible to have the game based in the system, so if I turn off my computer for 1 hour, there will have 3 day passed in game.

What do you think?

Sorry for my english :/

Real life problems occur, you can't play for a few days, and all of your animals have now starved to death. Good job.

An option to freeze the time would be useful.

If it can be implemented, i think it should be optional. why?

Real life problems occur, you can't play for a few days, and all of your animals have now starved to death. Good job.

I'd personally prefer to wait for the fruit, and meanwhile, feed my animals.

However, this has the downside of making the game pretty much easier. Out of charcoal? build your pit, start it, save and quit and go to watch some tv; you can come back whenever you want, and steve will not only still be standing there -which means he stayed there the whole time, looking at nothing- but you also would had already got your charcoal. This is just an example, but i'm sure you guys can tell me lots of ways of exploiting this if ever implemented.

Well, you can already go into inventory screen and watch TV... or just use Somnia.

i've locked myself in a small hole for 12 hours and left the inventory screen on while i did other things before. I removed my battery so my computer wouldn't heat up too much.

let me correct myself. What i mean is, you can close minecraft and use your computer at full speed, instead of needing to left minecraft open and slow down anything you do. At least, in my computer things do slow down a lot when minecraft is open ._.

I'm think it would be possible to have the game based in the system, so if I turn off my computer for 1 hour, there will have 3 day passed in game.

Sorry for my english :/

Im sorry to say this but that's impossible.... a computer that is off does NOTHING other then keep track of the time in the system clock. there is no way to make sure something runs when the computer is off....

Im sorry to say this but that's impossible.... a computer that is off does NOTHING other then keep track of the time in the system clock. there is no way to make sure something runs when the computer is off....

Hot damn, new guy's comin' in strong

I like

and yeah he's right, not only is this idea a little silly, but you'd have to build and program a new chip to solder onto your mother board just to have minecraft keep track of the time using battery voltage.

You could have it pull and save the current time of the system, but the problem would be that the system time can be altered so that you can be on exactly the right month to harvest fruits and then just repeat until you have an almost infinite supply of fruit. Also, if you were to have it based on current time, the game itself would have to remember the previous time, so that it would not always be the first day of January.

There was another similar topic on this forum Here. This suggestion was almost the same deal, except without basing on current time and just changing how long the seasons/months are.

Is possible, a litte like somnia: Simulation! I mean, the role of somnia is to simulate the world wheat and stuff growing while sleeping, why it couldn't be possible that when «save and quit» to save the current system time and then when loading the world, simulating the time passed between the last recorded and the new one, so it's possible, just a lot of work :/

and yeah he's right, not only is this idea a little silly, but you'd have to build and program a new chip to solder onto your mother board just to have minecraft keep track of the time using battery voltage.

Like I said with Link, so don't need to do that crazy stuff and be unluck, like me, and destroy the computer :D

In Somnia, you actually have to wait that time you're asleep for the things to be simulated; if you save and quit minecraft, and then enter later, you will be at the same point in the simulation as you were before. As long as i know... ._:

In Somnia, you actually have to wait that time you're asleep for the things to be simulated; if you save and quit minecraft, and then enter later, you will be at the same point in the simulation as you were before. As long as i know... ._:

I said to do a derivate version a little like the similation from somnia -.-

Of course is possible. When you open minecraft, it will read the computer time, and than just adjust the things.

But I don't know... I think we could just create a new TFC calendar. Few days on the month... So the hours/days/seasons pass a little more quickly. :P IDK...

I don't like the idea of put minecraft time based on the PC time. :(

but wouldnt this cause problems if you slept? say it's 10:00 in real life and in minecraft, you sleep and wake up ITS STILL 10:00 IN REAL TIME

and this way, minecraft days would last a whole friggin 24 hours instead of 10 minuites like they normally do

i just see major problems with this idea

Srg, I think he means allowing simulated progression of the world while minecraft is off (I hope), not dissimilar to the way fable 3 tracked your property earnings when the game wasn't even running. I am not a big fan of this. As others have already pointed out this would mean you would be obligated to play to stop your livestock dying and harvest your fruit. This would only really work on a server and it is rendered invalid because servers generally run 24/7. Admirable idea though, I can see what you were tyring to achieve.

Posting from a mobile phone. Forgive me for not reading por favor. :U

It'd be neat if, when the game was off, time progressed in real-time (obviously simulated) so when you get back after a week-long vacation your TerraFirmaCraft world will have aged a good bit (seven in-game days), but not by a huge ammount.

Useful-ish for multiple worlds. Kind of.

I say something needs to be done about the duration of time in TFC.

If I could have a private server just for me, yeey!

But I don't, so every season takes 20 hours ingame time (that's if you sleep very night in the game).

The new fruits n stuff? F them, I don't wanna spend time on something that takes me 80hours to harvest again (by then Bioxx releases 20 new updates)