Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Virusbomb

Chest size fix.

95 posts in this topic

the point that we're making here is assuming the default chest sizes are unbalanced, which in all honesty is anything but true (vanilla ender chests for example) at what point does balance become more important than enjoying playing the game?

vanilla, iron chests mod, how wrong do you want to be? i can keep going.

Wait what? Dude what the fuck are you talking about. What do those have to do with Bioxx's original plans for TFC

Listen, if you're still thinking the smaller chest size is a bad feature, then you still haven't adjusted your play style to fit it. I play on an SMP server with about 8 people. Our "dedicated storage area" only has ten or so double chests. That's one for plants, one for food, two for rocks, two for dirt, two for gems, one for bricks and smoothstone, and one for miscellaneous garbage.

That isn't all of our storage though. We have chests all over, near where their contents are needed. Our bloomery has the same amount of chests as our storage room: two double chests for ore and the rest for smelted bars, coal, and molds. We're always burning logs and only cut down trees as we need to build with planks, so storing wood is never a problem. Everyone also has their own "personal" storage, so we can store random stuff we've made/commonly use in our own chests when we're not using it.

One thing we've realized is that storage inane garbage like stacks of one dirt/stones and useless items like flowers is ridiculously silly. Storage clutter is storage clutter, no reason to keep it. Optimize your stacks, get rid of clutter, and suddenly the new chest size isn't an issue at all.

You know what? I'm done arguing with you people.

You obviously just don't get it. It's like talking to a freshman who thinks Ron Paul's gonna solve every single problem.

You obviously just don't get it. It's like talking to a freshman who thinks Ron Paul's gonna solve every single problem.

Wow, you're a real charmer aren't you.

Bet you're a riot at parties

If you're not even going to bother looking at the other side of an argument, then why argue at all?

to reiterate, at what point does balance become more important than an enjoyable mod?

to reiterate, at what point does balance become more important than an enjoyable mod?

If you know what you're doing, you would know that balance and being enjoyability go hand in hand. Nobody wants to play a mod that's too easy or too hard.

it's not difficulty in the first place, as i mentioned before wood is practically infinite once you get your first willow sapling, it's just pointless tedium and mindnumbing busywork.

Any need to involve politics there ? This is a public forum, flippantly dismissing others political views on it is hardly a good way to make friends. We're talking about a feature of a game, so if you don't like it, that is an opinion. Telling me it is bad game design does not make you any more correct. This discussion is actually pointless because there is no right answer. Only our opinions.

Just like there's no right or wrong candidate to vote for, despite what you seem to think.

(ps don't talk to me about the Ron Paul issue, I don't live in America and frankly couldn't give two shits)

Everybody seems to have a problem with how much room they need to store their stuff.

But why do you need all that stuff to begin with?

I don't have a warehouse full of wood. I have a grove that I harvest from when I need it.

I don't have a warehouse full of stone. I dig it up when I need it.

I don't have a warehouse at all.

The only things worth putting in chests are items that can't be collected locally and easily.

Wow, you're a real charmer aren't you.

Bet you're a riot at parties

I don't go to parties.

They're too much fun.

Everybody seems to have a problem with how much room they need to store their stuff.

But why do you need all that stuff to begin with?

I don't have a warehouse full of wood. I have a grove that I harvest from when I need it.

I don't have a warehouse full of stone. I dig it up when I need it.

I don't have a warehouse at all.

The only things worth putting in chests are items that can't be collected locally and easily.

So much this that it hurts.

I don't go to parties.

They're too much fun.

Shock and surprise.

the truth is hardly, if ever charming.

Your post assumes that there is an objective truth to be found in this sea of opinions.

Your post assumes that there is an objective truth to be found in this sea of opinions.

So true, there is no right or wrong answer here, the sooner people realise that, the better.

So much this that it hurts.

true, though if you REALLY want to, you can still go to the trouble of making a fuckton of chests anyway, so I fail to see a big problem.

AFAIK, the mod is still compatible with ironchests mod, if it bothers you that much, go make an upgraded chest.

true, though if you REALLY want to, you can still go to the trouble of making a fuckton of chests anyway, so I fail to see a big problem.

AFAIK, the mod is still compatible with ironchests mod, if it bothers you that much, go make an upgraded chest.

o_o

...doesn't iron chests have vanilla recipes? No mod with vanilla items or crafting is compatible with tfc

o_o

...doesn't iron chests have vanilla recipes? No mod with vanilla items or crafting is compatible with tfc

You can use copper chests though. And those are roughly the same size as a vanilla chest.

EDIT: I don't actually use that mod with TFCraft, just for the record.

o_o

you can enable vanilla conversion recipes in the configs wrought-iron -> iron diamonds-> varying # vanilla diamonds. the copper/silver/etc work directly

Hey all,

The whole chest thing has been a debated topic with strong feelings on either side. Something else is coming down the road so its best that we just wait and see. There are enough suggestions and due to the title of the topic being to 'fix' what is not broken I am going to lock this until the 'else' is here. Until we get the whole picture of the inventory changes it is hard to gauge where we should suggest to go from here.