Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sasqaucth

Furniture?

18 posts in this topic

New idea while I have time for ideas: Furniture! No leather or upholstery. Multiple mods attain working furniture other than the bed. So why not add furniture?

You'd Craft it be placing the shapes of the furniture you want around the table with a saw in the bottom center slot. This was a small idea, bit suggestions would be nice! Another derpy one too :3

I like it. TF Craft has always felt more about the way it looks then, just doing something.

If that made any scene what so ever.

We can already make furniture in a way, what if you could sit on half blocks to allow for some creative designs as well rather than limiting them.

Well with the ability to cut the blocks anyway you want (as i've seen in the change log) that'd be a good idea!

I have previously supported and fleshed out the idea of placeable table blocks that hold item entities thrown on them and prevent them from despawning.

I will tout this idea again here.

I have previously supported and fleshed out the idea of placeable table blocks that hold item entities thrown on them and prevent them from despawning.

I will tout this idea again here.

1+

I like that idea, can show stuff off, but I don't know if its possible in Minecraft.

I like that idea, can show stuff off, but I don't know if its possible in Minecraft.

There are mods and plugins like shelfs and showcase. Pretty sure it could be accomplished.

I like the idea of visible item storage so I can store my important stuff like armor/tools that I need to grab in a hurry.

I want this guys, but their are other features that need to be implemented. If there is ever a time when the major features of TFC feel "done" to us, we'll start adding things like this in.

I want this guys, but their are other features that need to be implemented. If there is ever a time when the major features of TFC feel "done" to us, we'll start adding things like this in.

Of course, important stuff first. But we can dream right?

But TFC never will feel 'done', the same way Jeb will never feel vanilla is 'done'

There will always be new ideas, and some of them will even be good ones. TFC, just like Minecraft, just like Real Life, will always be in a permanent state of WIP.

This is where I go ahead and say minecraft needs a /sit, that way we can build furniture that doesn't require coding to sit in.

This is where I go ahead and say minecraft needs a /sit, that way we can build furniture that doesn't require coding to sit in.

That would be harder than you might think, given minecraft's code base

That would be harder than you might think, given minecraft's code base

I'm not a coder, nor do i know how minecraft works under the hood. i was just thinking that it would be cool to have a command or hot key that would put you into that position you are in when you're in a boat or minecart. i've seen a few mods that make it possible to right click stairs.

I'm not mad for this idea. Surely a "carpentry" mechanic similar to the "masonry" one we already have would be enough to fulfil the demand for decorative furniture. Just saying, I am definitely pro decoration, but I feel this is already pretty well covered.

i have a mod downloaded but not used that lets you make furniture like tables/chairs/drapes/a friege-freazer combo/desks/drawrs and all that fun stuff but it all uses vanilla stuff to make and i have no clue if it work with terrafima anyways :P

I'm not mad for this idea. Surely a "carpentry" mechanic similar to the "masonry" one we already have would be enough to fulfil the demand for decorative furniture. Just saying, I am definitely pro decoration, but I feel this is already pretty well covered.

This was more leaning towards a practical furniture kind of side.

This was more leaning towards a practical furniture kind of side.

I see, furniture you can actually use ? :o

Blasphemy !

I don't see why not, but I think it can wait till after all the other planned changes :P

As do I, cause i think they should get the main mechanics smoothed out, and this was just a way to flesh out an idea to add a bit more beleivability to TFCraft

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0