Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UnderCuvaHippo

Scaffolding

11 posts in this topic

So I was making some chiseled designs(Archways and pillars) on my smp house that were pretty high off the ground and had the idea. We need some kind of easy to assemble/tear down scaffolding. Maybe something like the tekkit scaffolds.

They cost sticks and wood to build

The outside of the block acted like a ladder so you could climb up them.

They hung out 4 blocks or something like that over air before you had to make another stack under them.

If you right click the bottom one it would add another one to the top so you could build them higher without that laggy jump place move.

They were awesome for making big builds and working on construction projects. They also looked pretty awesome around a building while you were working on them, it looked like a real construction site. So yeah, scaffolds please.

Edit - Viola! found a picture

Posted Image

First there not tekkit it IC2 and with the new construction we will need them or something like it.

Agreed that we need something LIKE them

Not those themselves, however.

Alblaka has already said that he'll go fisticuffs with anyone that tries taking his code

I was just thinking this the other day. Something cheaper than wooden planks that can provide a basic platform as a quick fix, but aren't very sturdy against creepers or whatever.

First there not tekkit it IC2 and with the new construction we will need them or something like it.

Didn't remember which mod they're from, thank for the info.

I'm not saying an exact copy just showcasing his because they are perfect.

I was just thinking this the other day. Something cheaper than wooden planks that can provide a basic platform as a quick fix, but aren't very sturdy against creepers or whatever.

Exactly, not a permanent structure but something enough to take you up, work on something then take it down.

I would like something like this, especially since building in TFC can be more difficult than in vanilla. Perhaps they could work in the way that you have two different kinds of scaffolding, similar to the support beams; one vertical and one horizontal? The vertical ones could be climbable, or there could be two kinds of vertical where only one is climbable but a little more expensive resource-wise (but still cheap).

EDIT: Also they should have a limit of five blocks horizontally, like support beams, or else they'll drop.

Scaffolds in TFC should be modelled from ancient-style scaffolds, rather than modern ones. There is an example here, although not a very good one to model after.

(to the left)

Posted Image

http://en.wikipedia....lin_Foundry_Cup

At the centre of one side (side A), the statue of a warrior, larger than life-sized, stands within a wooden scaffolding. His body his protected by a circular shield held in his left hand; his right hand is about to thrust a raised spear. Unusually, the cheek-guards of the helmet are folded upwards; the painter probably used this to depict the statue's face more clearly. The statue appears to be in the final stages of production, since two workers, one of them marked as a smith by his characteristic leather cap, are smoothing or polishing its surface.

Edited by barkingnoise

Stick + Support beam = ladder/support.

The sticks would be pushed through (or otherwise attached to) the support beam, allowing a player to climb it. it would look like a support beam with small sticks coming out of it. It could be created, either by right-clicking a placed support with a stick, or crafting a v.support with a stick (or 2).

h.supports could automatically function as ladders, if there is a non-solid/air block above it.

I don't think planks are that hard to get

I don't think planks are that hard to get

Building a plank structure outside of your building is more tedious than just standing on the building. the idea is something that can be build quickly and taken down easily.

Horizontal scaffolding is meant to be held up from both sides. If a player where to put his whole weight on an unsupported horizontal scaffolding (let’s say more then 1 block away from the pillar is dangerous) it could break and potentially bring down the whole structure. Also, a vertical scaffolding should run all the way down to solid ground and not a horizontal scaffolding with air underneath.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0