Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
warfighter67

New way to chisel down stone

22 posts in this topic

I suggest that instead of realtime chiseling (really fun, but wish sometimes it could be easier), you could right click the stone as usual but instead of it taking down a 10th of a block, it opens up a GUI where you could change the shape of the stone. Possibly even more fine tuning like making a 10x10x10 grid of mini blocks that you can select and cut away similar to mcedit controls or something.

Just wishful thinking, but maybe it's meant to be hard and mistake-prone (to those who do things too quickly).

Maybe it's just me, but I like realtime chiseling a lot more than pre-carving blocks. It lets you shape things exactly how you want them, you know? Plus, what you're suggesting would require an awful lot of work to create.

its a nice idea but the chiselling i feel is quite good atm and requires quite a lot of skill to do quickly

its a nice idea but the chiselling i feel is quite good atm and requires quite a lot of skill to do quickly

But you can't create special blocks like custom stairs, like corners stairs. Or collumns ends in single blocks

Does anyone now if these stone blocks are made of a single variable bounding box, or a thousand small ones?

I like this idea for custom blocks that chiseling can't make Like Estaban is talking about. Maybe make it another function and add it to the list you go through like stairs, slabs, smoothing, custom.

Okay this can be done easily if it was a thousand bounding boxes but otherwise it would be extremely difficult, so it kind of matters.

Well... lately i was completely unable to use my computer -in fact, i'm right now in my brother's netbook...-, so i don't know very much about this chiseling thing. what i do know is that, if i can use a hammer and a chisel on a rock in minecraft, the first things i would do are slabs and stairs... are those possible with this? ._. if not, then this idea has my support...

I say we add the ability to shift-chisel.

Chiseling while standing shaves off a 1/10 layer from the selected face

Shift-clicking would remove a 1/8 chunk 8x8x8 pixels cubed - a corner, in other words.

With this functionality change, you'll be able to craft stone into nearly any shape you like

I say we add the ability to shift-chisel.

Chiseling while standing shaves off a 1/10 layer from the selected face

Shift-clicking would remove a 1/8 chunk 8x8x8 pixels cubed - a corner, in other words.

With this functionality change, you'll be able to craft stone into nearly any shape you like

I rather love this idea!

If it were a thousand bounding boxes we could individually take out box by therefore changing the shape

If it were a thousand bounding boxes we could individually take out box by therefore changing the shape

Well since you have the current ability to shave off 10 layers in all 3 spatial dimensions, there necessarily have to be 1k bounding boxes on a stone block.

I proposed adding a mode that knocks out a 125 box chunk, as well as shaving off a 100 box layer

it would have to be ether 16by16 or 8by8 because of the texture system but I like the idea of a gui and have the block be a custom block in the sense that you can pick it up and place it down again

Agree with the above but its already implemented at 10by10by10 but I think it should be changed. Individual boxes will give us more control eternal this kind of a system. What I'm is that he can very well use a single variable bounding box that just subtracts a layer off that particular side.

Maybe it's just me, but I like realtime chiseling a lot more than pre-carving blocks. It lets you shape things exactly how you want them, you know? Plus, what you're suggesting would require an awful lot of work to create.

not really.

not really.

Ooh yay you're here - can you tell us the secrets of the stone bounding box? Is a shift-chiseling implementation overly difficult?

Personally, I'd like the whole chiseling system to change from 10ths to either 8ths or 16ths (as briefly discussed), before we add smaller stuff like this is suggesting, because it actually aligns with the pixels of the sprite (all texture packs so far work at resolutions that are powers of 2, so it will still align with them).

I still want to be able to make inverted stairs, corner stairs and other stuff like that though, and the 16^3 blocks would allow this and much more.

Personally, I'd like the whole chiseling system to change from 10ths to either 8ths or 16ths (as briefly discussed), before we add smaller stuff like this is suggesting, because it actually aligns with the pixels of the sprite (all texture packs so far work at resolutions that are powers of 2, so it will still align with them).

I still want to be able to make inverted stairs, corner stairs and other stuff like that though, and the 16^3 blocks would allow this and much more.

Imagine a nicely sloped roof or a really nicely chiseled stone tower with 16th block precision. You could make 1:1 scale models of some nice buildings.

You can actually make inverted stairs, use the chisel on the lower side of the stone block :)

You can actually make inverted stairs, use the chisel on the lower side of the stone block :)

Oops, I meant Inverted Corner Stairs, and Corner Stairs

Ahhh, yeap. That would be a cool feature. I believe BetterBlocks mods had this before, buts its outdated. I don't know wich other ones have it now