Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EstebanLB

Use shears to craft wool into carpets!

42 posts in this topic

I got an idea: Instead of the instacrafting recipe I described in the original post, why don't we use the shears to "work" a placed wool block to make the carpet block items pop out? It should take a long time and will only work with the shears.

I don't know if its possible to have that and keep the ability to take out the block fast with your bare hands or any other item

I got an idea: Instead of the instacrafting recipe I described in the original post, why don't we use the shears to "work" a placed wool block to make the carpet block items pop out? It should take a long time and will only work with the shears.

I don't know if its possible to have that and keep the ability to take out the block fast with your bare hands or any other item

Maybe use shears like chisels and you can shape planes out of wool? Or if it does indeed get implemented the bit block system letting you embroider stuff (old lady in me coming out)

Maybe use shears like chisels and you can shape planes out of wool? Or if it does indeed get implemented the bit block system letting you embroider stuff (old lady in me coming out)

probably much more complicated than just shears.

guys what would you think about taking the knapping gui?

you have your colourd wool made into string kinda sleeping beauty style with a spindle ^^

then you "knapp" on a noncolloured base zickzack string kinda like IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII the colours

but the spindle and the weaving loom should be extremly expensive (like they were and still are)

but it woulkd pay of since you could make not only carpets but cloth -> make clothes ,with another expensive workstation(maybe a tailor bench ?), eg a crimson red cape for a king

I'd love it but I think that it will be too much to code for a single feature

they did it with stone tools ^^

but its a suggestion not a commandment ^^ they have to decide how much work something is worth

-Notices Gismo is one of those guys who write at least an "^^" in their posts, whatever it contents are-

-Twicht-

... >_o god, how i hate that...

-Notices Gismo is one of those guys who write at least an "^^" in their posts, whatever it contents are-

-Twicht-

... >_o god, how i hate that...

and thats why i do it,

no i like it, or i will blame it on some creepers *hint* *hint*

because of you i will stop, or maybe i dont

lets have a look how it works out :P

so what do you guyss think about my knappoing idea ?

Hmm.... i don't know, gismoT, wool is not all that self supporting, so making weird shapes would just cause them to fall over, i think in this case, just combining wool with shears like with the supports would work better.

Hmm.... i don't know, gismoT, wool is not all that self supporting, so making weird shapes would just cause them to fall over, i think in this case, just combining wool with shears like with the supports would work better.

I told you guys, it's not going to be that simple.

I told you guys, it's not going to be that simple.

Whoops sorry Dunk, forgot to read :/

Don't double post!

why is it a double post ?

You posted two different things in a row? you should use the edit button.