Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RaZorEdge112

Bloomery Mold Patterns

32 posts in this topic

Besides tools and weapons, though, there are many things which can be made with cast metals. Although cast iron pots and pans aren't particularly necessary for Minecraft, items such as the cauldron and minecarts could potentially be made with a mold block which accepted molten metal. Other items of even greate size (which may or may not appear) could also be cast.

I think we also need to realize that while cast iron may be great for making cannons and other stuff (barring tools of course), we dont seem to have cannons and anything else that cast iron could be obviously useful for in this mod, unless im missing something. Of course Bioxx could decide to add something it could be used for in the future, but as of now, cast anything is pretty much pointless. I personally find it easy enough to craft another pick or shovel or any other tool in a short amount of time, providing you have the ore for it, and i'm not sure if a quicker method would be worth the time and effort put into coding and all the other stuff that comes with implementing a new feature. And finally, always remember, this mod isnt trying to make anything easier for us, if anything its trying to make it harder, and thats why we should love it. :)

(i would like to say, cannons would be absolutely fantastic! not sure if it fits the theme of the mod though.)

(i would like to say, cannons would be absolutely fantastic! not sure if it fits the theme of the mod though.)

Well, Bioxx said nothing from after the year 1600 would be in the mod, and i think cannons were invented before, so it could fit as a late game feature -a VERY late game feature...-

hmmm...if it cant be used for metal. maybe it can be used for stone shaping? fiorming some kind of silid,volcanic super stone tool that ahs like the crappy duability of bismuth but the strength of ummm....ordinary tone tools

On a side note, a change to the bloomery block, (possibly to a smelter block) would suit the pouring of liquid metal into molds.

Give the front of the bloomery a funnel trough, and once it has liquid ore, it animates with bright white/yellow flow across and down to where a mold would be placed below it. Could have it give off the same pops and sparks animation as a lava block once it changes texture states. (cold -> hot -> pouring)

Allow me to suggest one very appropriate and useful cast object:

Anvils.

It would certainly beat welding 14 ingots together, and save on finding flux early, and would allow Bioxx to finely tweak the metal cost.

Also, an excellent use for casting Iron.

Hey All, Locking this topic as Bioxx has already said no to Casting before. The explanation he gave (and is allowed to change at any time if he wants) is that he does not see worth to the mod to add in another way to do something that is already implemented.