Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kotoroshinoto

Suggestion Forum Organization

9 posts in this topic

Since the forum is quite full of duplicated threads (some of which I am guilty of, I apologize), would it not make sense to divide Suggestions into a subforum of suggestions the moderators have noticed (which have not been summarily shot down), and a subforum for new-ish suggestions?

Make it so normal users can't add threads to the "known suggestions" forum, and have the moderators move a truly new idea thread from the "newish" subforum into the known suggestions subforum when they notice it and think it might be worthy. That way we dont have to sift through the giant pile of junk that forms at the bottom of the suggestion listings to find the listing of ideas that have been suggested and noted.

SOME ideas are fairly easy to find with a search, some use very common words, and are not quite as easy to single out from other postings with a simple search.

Yeah... Id rather just close topics as I come across them and see that they are duplicates as opposed to having to move threads around after they get so old.. and I am not sure how this would stop duplicates from being made and likely just make them happen more often since now suggestions are in two areas?

Yeah... Id rather just close topics as I come across them and see that they are duplicates as opposed to having to move threads around after they get so old.. and I am not sure how this would stop duplicates from being made and likely just make them happen more often since now suggestions are in two areas?

It would make finding the worthwhile posts SO much easier for those of us that actually DO want to look. Instead of simply locking the posts, maybe deleting them might alleviate this? The major thing that makes me not really want to search the 18 pages manually in the event of unsuccessful search with the forum search engine is that they're pretty much ALL posts created EVER.

or would there be a way to merge them, bascially dump the posts off one thread into another if there are any that are worthwhile?

Honestly I just think that Jed Lumy should reorganize his thread directory like this, and maybe try to add as many threads to it as he can

Honestly I just think that Jed should reorganize his thread directory like this, and maybe try to add as many threads to it as he can

thats fair, if we keep the list fairly complete it should suffice for the purpose

It would make finding the worthwhile posts SO much easier for those of us that actually DO want to look. Instead of simply locking the posts, maybe deleting them might alleviate this? The major thing that makes me not really want to search the 18 pages manually in the event of unsuccessful search with the forum search engine is that they're pretty much ALL posts created EVER.

or would there be a way to merge them, bascially dump the posts off one thread into another if there are any that are worthwhile?

I have thought about deleting them but I am actually a rather large participant on the StackExchange sites as well and we leave duplicates in existence for search results. People can type in different words looking for the same topic/question. Leaving an old topic that is closed will let them find it in another way potentially. Due to the way forums work the older posts should just naturally filter down to the bottom since they can not be updated.

Maybe we should link to the other posts on the topic though as opposed to just telling people it is a duplicate so they can find the information more directly? That should be doable...

Yeah, there's no real way to make things open and organized at the same time. Too many people have ideas. :U

We could make thread tags required from a list of predetermined tags (or else the thread is locked on sight) If this were done I'd reorganize my post to alphabetically list every thread under each tag. The problem with this is that it's hard as balls to apply retroactively. I personally wouldn't mind a Suggestion Forum 2.0, as long as the current were only closed and not removed. We could salvage posts and threads from it bit by bit. Let's be honest, what we stand to gain from some kind of organization would benefit the community by bringing the good ideas forward--this is probably worth closing these threads. The disorder here is why I made that one thread, and that didn't seem to be enough.

Forcing specific thread tags (and therefore forcing people to at least gloss over the thread list) should eliminate thread reposts from pretty much all of the thinking, reading users. :U

Number of corrections made to this post: >10

Yeah, there's no real way to make things open and organized at the same time. Too many people have ideas. :U

We could make thread tags required from a list of predetermined tags (or else the thread is locked on sight) If this were done I'd reorganize my post to alphabetically list every thread under each tag. The problem with this is that it's hard as balls to apply retroactively. I personally wouldn't mind a Suggestion Forum 2.0, as long as the current were only closed and not removed. We could salvage posts and threads from it bit by bit. Let's be honest, what we stand to gain from some kind of organization would benefit the community by bringing the good ideas forward--this is probably worth closing these threads. The disorder here is why I made that one thread, and that didn't seem to be enough.

Forcing specific thread tags (and therefore forcing people to at least gloss over the thread list) should eliminate thread reposts from pretty much all of the thinking, reading users. :U

Number of corrections made to this post: >10

Oh gods I called the directory Jed's x_x

Sorry Lumy, my bad bro

Oh gods I called the directory Jed's x_x

Sorry Lumy, my bad bro

Oh dear :S :P

The mind control device is working ... First this forum, and then .. The world !! ¬.¬

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0