Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
buzzoff92

Clay bricks?

41 posts in this topic

why the fuck is this forum always active at 3 in the goddamn morning... I need to sleep... x_x

lol, I passed out around 5 and woke up just now

Because I am here! kidding aside, i would assume there are people in different time zones than we.

Yeah! i work in 7, so not as bad for me, sorry off topic there.

why the fuck is this forum always active at 3 in the goddamn morning... I need to sleep... x_x

I find myself thinking the same thing when it is a reasonable hour for you :P

On an off topic note: It has been well established that the pyramids were not built using slaves, but volunteers from the populace who were very well cared for.

An on topic note: Yeah, mud/clay bricks would be good :D +1

P.S. I'm already at work, so suck it :D:P

Well.... established by the Egyptians, who would not benefit from being thought of as having slaves.

back on to topic, a process like in Millenaire for mud bricks would be interesting.

Millenaire was sand+dirt somehow = mud + A few minutes = Brick. Nope, not in TFC

Well, to be fair, in TFC planks x 4 = plank block = secure building material, no nails needed. I've planted a pine sapling, turned around to do something else, then turned back to see a fully grown pine tree. Dirt + water + mold = mud + a day or so in the summer sun = mud brick doesn't seem too outlandish.

Ok, i don't disagree. Millenaire is: Take some sand, and some dirt. Now, take your mold and throw it on the ground with right click. You have instant mud brick. Now take 5 or 10 minutes, regardless of day or night, and now it is dry. Enjoy! (My accent for the little hindis.)

Ok, i don't disagree. Millenaire is: Take some sand, and some dirt. Now, take your mold and throw it on the ground with right click. You have instant mud brick. Now take 5 or 10 minutes, regardless of day or night, and now it is dry. Enjoy! (My accent for the little hindis.)

Man, watch the race comments.

With the potential for heat maps being implemented, I presume it would be relatively easy to tie the mud-brick drying rates to the temperature. Would that satisfy you ?

yes. We do not take slurs lightly on this forum. Watch your self or you will be banned.

That wasn't a slur. I was speaking of the actual people in game, and how the only "Race" they seem like to me are ancient Assyrians due to the fact the are in the desert which makes little sense since the indian culture was mostly formed by Assyrians after they invaded Modern day India, back then idk what, and created the caste system. Hindu is a religion not a race. Really? what is different about a black person, or an Indian, than you, or me, or someone else? No slurred intent was meant from that comment.

Man, watch the race comments.

With the potential for heat maps being implemented, I presume it would be relatively easy to tie the mud-brick drying rates to the temperature. Would that satisfy you ?

It's not the heat that doesn't satisfy me, it's the process of making mud. It requires much more to make a stable brick than sand and dirt and water. it requires small traces of a harder component. almost like a mortar.

not the Primitive kinds of brick... you are thinking post 1700's kind of brick, the old kind such that made pueblos merely needed mud, and a binder. leave it in the sun for a few days and boom... solid brick.

it requires small traces of a harder component. almost like a mortar.

So clay.

I was gonna say that but then....

We've had similar discussions about this as well as other building materials here: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/816-new-brick-types-old-building-methods/page__fromsearch__1

I think it would be great to add mudbrick and/or rammed earth, as well as concrete (which the romans had used). It would give players more options to build in the early game without necessarily having to mine stone or make a chisel, as well as giving more aesthetic options in general.