Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scooterdanny

Player death Spawns Undead

47 posts in this topic

Lmao, and new credits would be cool, like actuak credits that give you guys credit for making the mod :D

Credits i can live with change. However, the game certainly shouldn't be happening. It's the reason I played this game in the first place. The fact that we can do whatever we want and believe whatever we want that is what this game offers. Taking that out would only remove options and players, starting with me.

The "end" in TFC isn't the end of the game the way notch envisioned it. "The End" in TFC will refer to the end of life; it's more like death, and that will be the theme throughout. Conquering the end isn't finishing the game, it's more like conquering death (although it will not make you immortal). It's just one more experience under your belt.

There probably won't be any credits because I felt that adding an "end" to minecraft really did more damage than good. Minecraft is more like real life than almost every other game. Most games have a beginning, a middle and an end, with good plot structure and closure. Minecraft shouldn't have an end. You can't think of it as a part of your life, like most games. It's not a singular event that is reached, experienced and passed. It is your life.

But that's just me.

Then again, I guess what I say kinda goes. 0.o

Whacha think?

The "end" in TFC isn't the end of the game the way notch envisioned it. "The End" in TFC will refer to the end of life; it's more like death, and that will be the theme throughout. Conquering the end isn't finishing the game, it's more like conquering death (although it will not make you immortal). It's just one more experience under your belt.

There probably won't be any credits because I felt that adding an "end" to minecraft really did more damage than good. Minecraft is more like real life than almost every other game. Most games have a beginning, a middle and an end, with good plot structure and closure. Minecraft shouldn't have an end. You can't think of it as a part of your life, like most games. It's not a singular event that is reached, experienced and passed. It is your life.

But that's just me.

Then again, I guess what I say kinda goes. 0.o

Whacha think?

I think that this means Jed's Lament won't happen, and that makes me infinitely sad cuz that was just about the best idea ever

I love the fact there won't be a definitive end. Although i don't understand the death idea, an explanation would be nice. I'm questioning the idea of making it a life it isn't that much different except that fantasy won't be quite as interesting. I don't see the advantage of it however besides destroying options. The removal of the ending is definitely a step forward though

Edit: sorry if I'm sounding picky but this is what make or breaks this game.

I think that this means Jed's Lament won't happen, and that makes me infinitely sad cuz that was just about the best idea ever

I will hold a funeral. It will be a tasteful and sombre affair :P

I will hold a funeral. It will be a tasteful and sombre affair :P

All Suit and tie, red carpet affair with personal catering of exotic foods, and celebrity guest stars?

I love the fact there won't be a definitive end. Although i don't understand the death idea, an explanation would be nice. I'm questioning the idea of making it a life it isn't that much different except that fantasy won't be quite as interesting. I don't see the advantage of it however besides destroying options. The removal of the ending is definitely a step forward though

Edit: sorry if I'm sounding picky but this is what make or breaks this game.

I don't entirely understand what the problem you have is :/. (you'll have to put the idea of respawning when you die on hold for a moment). Most games have an "end". Where all the story wraps up. Closure. There is nothing after the end of a game. Because minecraft is so much different from other games, as there is no real goal, no end achievement (or at least, there shouldn't be), all you really can do in minecraft is survive. That's why I liken minecraft to real life. And if you consider it, the opposite to both life and survival is death. That is why it is death themed.

So there will be an end/closure/whatever I'm confused on this i thought you said you wouldn't be. What i was saying was that if we are moving from a concious dream to an alternate reality what will the changes be? The other things i said were possible consequences sorry for the confusion

No, bsb, there will be no credits most likely, because minecraft has no end, it makes a false sense of closure, most likely after beating the end, you can continue playing.

But if we defeat "death" isn't that an end to the vague storyline?

Threre's your answer bsb

...are we gonna have to fight our way out of this place every time we die like fucking Kratos?

I really hope not :( that would be as bad as demon souls

: if we can kill things and become as Over Over power as Kratos can, then yes, you have my vote for fighting our way out of there. Let's just hope nobody reminds the end of the thrid game and kill himself on purpose just for being even more like Kratos.

EDIT: lol, i realized every single guy that hasn't player God of war 3 yet will want to kill me :

meh, the spoiler stays -w-

Ok, I have 2 suggestions

1.) Just a bit off topic but it refers to what dunk said earlier regarding zombies

not removed; revamped, strengthened, made slightly more cunning and placed underground.

I think it would be cool to have zombies spawn in underground crypts, that are remnants from some ancient primitive civilization (kinda like Draugr in skyrim). I personally love the idea of ruins of mysterious ancient civilizations being scattered across the world waiting to be explored and have their secrets revealed, this imo would be very cool in TFC.

2.) I think it would be interesting if the player actually aged, and say when it was between year 1040-1060 (life expectancy was much shorter in about the time TFC takes place) the player starts getting frailer and weaker (not quite sure what effects it would have) and also would die in this period of time. But wait, theres more! This wouldn't be an "end" to the world or the game, instead a random amount of years and months will pass (the screen would fade to black and fade back in with the amount of time already passed) until a different young traveler happens upon an abandoned house/fort/castle/outpost/town/village/wherever your spawn point was set, and you can pick back up right where you left off, although your fire pit might be a bit cold mind you :P. Any items you had on you should still be scattered on the floor right where the previous player character died. I realize that most players would not see this as many people wouldn't stick with a single world for that long, but might be an interesting facet of gameplay in an SMP environment. I have no idea about the coding side of this so i dont know if it is possible or not, but if it is it would be an awesome addition to TFC and add a nice touch of realism.

so yeah, just a couple suggestions that popped into my head while reading this thread, I could make a new topic if people feel it is more relevant there, but i wanted to put it into context here first.

Ok, I have 2 suggestions

1.) Just a bit off topic but it refers to what dunk said earlier regarding zombies

I think it would be cool to have zombies spawn in underground crypts, that are remnants from some ancient primitive civilization (kinda like Draugr in skyrim). I personally love the idea of ruins of mysterious ancient civilizations being scattered across the world waiting to be explored and have their secrets revealed, this imo would be very cool in TFC.

2.) I think it would be interesting if the player actually aged, and say when it was between year 1040-1060 (life expectancy was much shorter in about the time TFC takes place) the player starts getting frailer and weaker (not quite sure what effects it would have) and also would die in this period of time. But wait, theres more! This wouldn't be an "end" to the world or the game, instead a random amount of years and months will pass (the screen would fade to black and fade back in with the amount of time already passed) until a different young traveler happens upon an abandoned house/fort/castle/outpost/town/village/wherever your spawn point was set, and you can pick back up right where you left off, although your fire pit might be a bit cold mind you :P. Any items you had on you should still be scattered on the floor right where the previous player character died. I realize that most players would not see this as many people wouldn't stick with a single world for that long, but might be an interesting facet of gameplay in an SMP environment. I have no idea about the coding side of this so i dont know if it is possible or not, but if it is it would be an awesome addition to TFC and add a nice touch of realism.

so yeah, just a couple suggestions that popped into my head while reading this thread, I could make a new topic if people feel it is more relevant there, but i wanted to put it into context here first.

...I actually kind of really like this. Like, a lot.

MC was made as a game of dreams not a game of life ideas like these are the consequences of that. If its life we have to abide by the rules of life, being death, laws of conservation of matter and energy (this poses a lot of problems) all physics and eventually this may result in the destruction of fantasy. What fun is that?

It may be a better life but personally life is better than anything we can do and will never measure up. We can measure up to dreams as we now have consious control but not life.

The problems with law of conservation of bla bla bla. Destruction of redstone, this may not be a problem to you but this game is about creativity and all logic gate possibilities are killed without a proper replacement. Defeciation and urination, where does food go, it certainly doesn't disappear and nobody wants to deal with this in a game that is suppose to be fun. Despawning would have to go eventually also that would be no fun to code. I'm not suggesting these things these are the problems with tfc being an alternate life.

Everyone has to have a concious dream and now we got it taking that away would make no sense. Making this into a low budget version of The Sims series doesn't sound like the best move to me. I suppose it is your descision though.

Ok, I have 2 suggestions

.....Have you been looking at my notes for future updates?

But aging is a bit iffy in a game like this.

MC was made as a game of dreams not a game of life ideas like these are the consequences of that. If its life we have to abide by the rules of life, being death, laws of conservation of matter and energy (this poses a lot of problems) all physics and eventually this may result in the destruction of fantasy. What fun is that?

It may be a better life but personally life is better than anything we can do and will never measure up. We can measure up to dreams as we now have consious control but not life.

The problems with law of conservation of bla bla bla. Destruction of redstone, this may not be a problem to you but this game is about creativity and all logic gate possibilities are killed without a proper replacement. Defeciation and urination, where does food go, it certainly doesn't disappear and nobody wants to deal with this in a game that is suppose to be fun. Despawning would have to go eventually also that would be no fun to code. I'm not suggesting these things these are the problems with tfc being an alternate life.

Everyone has to have a concious dream and now we got it taking that away would make no sense. Making this into a low budget version of The Sims series doesn't sound like the best move to me. I suppose it is your descision though.

We don't consider MC and TFC to be the same game. Whatever loopy "dream" minecraft claims to be, TFC is different. Please don't justify yourself with comparing TFC to a dream because we don't and your argument is therefore invalid. thank you.

I have done no justifing only bashing. this idea will pose problems. I have trust that you, Bioxx, and the rest of the Dev team can deal with these problems. But if aren't noticed or ignored we will end up with a game we don't want. I'm also going to stop arguing in this thread i can't see anything else coming of it.

I have done no justifing only bashing. this idea will pose problems. I have trust that you, Bioxx, and the rest of the Dev team can deal with these problems. But if aren't noticed or ignored we will end up with a game we don't want. I'm also going to stop arguing in this thread i can't see anything else coming of it.

you are correct though, this idea will not be implemented (sorry)

It's just I've seen this in multiple threads, this idea of a "dream" and I want to make it clear that we don't want this idea to propagate. I don't want suggestions about how to make it more "dream like". In reply to your original point, the inconsistancies like lack of urination and defecation aren't proof of it being a dream, they would just be shitty game mechanics (pardon the pun)

I really don't see why this thread lasted more than one reply... lol (not all too much forethought went into this suggestion)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0