Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scooterdanny

Player death Spawns Undead

47 posts in this topic

I'm not quite sure whether it fits into the mod, or if this has been suggested before (Searching for this is more complicated than one would think) but i think it would be cool if when a player dies, a zombie or a skeleton is spawned on the items, which would add not only a bit of the game to be explained, but also add a bit of challenge to servers as well as SSP.

uhhhh...

hmph.

idk about that one.

Understandably, i just figured it might be worth a shot, to see if there was any public opinion on it.

well it explains what happens to his body...

...but then also raises difficult questions about his fresh new one.

well it explains what happens to his body...

...but then also raises difficult questions about his fresh new one.

Nevermind the new body .. Self canabalism ? :S

Freshly delivered by UPS...?

No, but I like the idea, so you could identify yourself a little bit more with the "undead". Maybe you could add that they slightly look a little bit more like a dead player rather then the vanilly zombies?

I thought zombies were going to be removed in the future?

not removed; revamped, strengthened, made slightly more cunning and placed underground. They will be stronger, more resilient to damage, and yet weaker. Instead of bursting into flames and running at you like a retard in the sun(pardon my political incorrectness), they will screech in a horribly shrill voice and kind of dissolve or boil up.

Freshly delivered by UPS...?

No, but I like the idea, so you could identify yourself a little bit more with the "undead". Maybe you could add that they slightly look a little bit more like a dead player rather then the vanilly zombies?

What can green do for you? Lol no.

Again though, that raises rather unpleasant questions about where Steve gets his new body. Far as I know, conservation of matter and energy still applies in TFC, so it's not just springing out of the aether. I mean what, does Steve have a secret fucking cloning lab in his basement, all of them just waiting for his soul to pop over so they can animate?

...And if anyone actually suggests putting that in game, I fucking swear I will cockslap you until you bleed. Until you bleed

Posted Image.

Alright, well here goes, you see, the point where steve spawns is a fixed point in spacetime (going by DW logic) and each time he does not fully succeed in his mission, the rest energy from dark energy, and some rest energy of air are transmuted to achieve temporal equilibrium. you see, there need not be a cloner, when one has doctor who wibbly wobbly time wimey.

Its a secret space ship with a cloneing lab and teleporter. When you die it teleports a fresh clone down. :D

Alright, well here goes, you see, the point where steve spawns is a fixed point in spacetime (going by DW logic) and each time he does not fully succeed in his mission, the rest energy from dark energy, and some rest energy of air are transmuted to achieve temporal equilibrium. you see, there need not be a cloner, when one has doctor who wibbly wobbly time wimey.

...You don't exactly have the firmest grasp on what dark energy is, do you...

Its a secret space ship with a cloneing lab and teleporter. When you die it teleports a fresh clone down. :D

*cockslap*

Dark energy = unidentified energy, which there happen to be deposits of inside the earth, and of course it won't make total sense, steve is respawning.

Dark energy = unidentified energy, which there happen to be deposits of inside the earth, and of course it won't make total sense, steve is respawning.

...no. Dark energy = a proposed energy source that counteracts gravity, leading to the continued expansion of spacetime beyond what would be expected from the leftover energy after the big bang.

In no way is this able to explain Steve's revival.

I say we just write respawning off as a necessary chink in the believability armor that is required for fun gameplay, and have it at that. Out of place game mechanics don't fuck with suspension of disbelief too much unless they're not fun, and what's not fun is being forced to play hardcore every time you load the game

Ah, that's right, fudging my facts there, anyways i agree, my suggestion was merely a joking approach at explaining it, unless there is a major change, we must accept the respawn as this IS a video game.

Maybe villages could be re added, villagers re textured in the way they did it in the Minecraft comes alive mod, and when you die you respawn in an azarous village house in which there were a male and a female villagers. That would explain were you come from :Pand answer to the little kids the question "where did i came from?" in a way they won't fully understand...

Maybe villages could be re added, villagers re textured in the way they did it in the Minecraft comes alive mod, and when you die you respawn in an azarous village house in which there were a male and a female villagers. That would explain were you come from :Pand answer to the little kids the question "where did i came from?" in a way they won't fully understand...

I lol'd

Oh, and for those asking themself "Then, you just born and grew up in a second?" i would add a message -similar to the one that appears when you use the propick- saying "I and your mother think you have grown up enough to take care of yourself. Good bye son, good luck.", and a smile in the male villager face :3.

well if some form of undead spawns right where you died, that would make getting your stuff back a bitch

about the respawning, maybe, errr, um...well... yeah i have no clue

Leave it the way it is, I have finally found what minecraft truly is.... After years of focus, contemplation, the R word, intense thought and meditation in a secret floating monastery over Detroit (US) I have come to the conclusion that minecraft is suppose to be a controllable dream. May not sense at first but start thinking about it. Incomplete control, a non-existent storyline, unrealistic fears, unexplainable random things yet still connectable. You don't know how it started or why you are doing what you are, you just do it just because. If you want more proof actually read the end credit speech it can't get more black and white than that.

So in that case if it were a dream when you die in a dream you wake up. Well we are already awake so now what happens the only logical thing to assume would be it ends or restarts. Ending wouldn't make the game any fun so it have to be a restart. But what about all the work people have put in to this stuff? Have you ever had a dream that continues a storyline of a previous dream that's what explains this. This becomes the division between hardcore mode and the normal modes.

How do the other modes fit in, well if you ask someone what they would do if they could control a dream most of them would have an adventure, each adventure completely different than the last. This would become survival mode. And then some would say I want to make something big without limits, just completely under my control. That would become creative mode.

Any questions?

Leave it the way it is, I have finally found what minecraft truly is.... After years of focus, contemplation, the R word, intense thought and meditation in a secret floating monastery over Detroit (US) I have come to the conclusion that minecraft is suppose to be a controllable dream. May not sense at first but start thinking about it. Incomplete control, a non-existent storyline, unrealistic fears, unexplainable random things yet still connectable. You don't know how it started or why you are doing what you are, you just do it just because. If you want more proof actually read the end credit speech it can't get more black and white than that.

So in that case if it were a dream when you die in a dream you wake up. Well we are already awake so now what happens the only logical thing to assume would be it ends or restarts. Ending wouldn't make the game any fun so it have to be a restart. But what about all the work people have put in to this stuff? Have you ever had a dream that continues a storyline of a previous dream that's what explains this. This becomes the division between hardcore mode and the normal modes.

How do the other modes fit in, well if you ask someone what they would do if they could control a dream most of them would have an adventure, each adventure completely different than the last. This would become survival mode. And then some would say I want to make something big without limits, just completely under my control. That would become creative mode.

Any questions?

I think your logic is flawed. Try going back to that floating monastery :/

I think your logic is flawed. Try going back to that floating monastery :/

Actually dunk, have you ever beaten the ender dragon?

The end credits actually pretty much flat out state that minecraft is a dream of sorts

Actually dunk, have you ever beaten the ender dragon?

The end credits actually pretty much flat out state that minecraft is a dream of sorts

no I meant that TFC isn't mc. And this will change. Maybe we'll put our own credits in. what ever lol

Lol, brilliant logic there dunk XD

no I meant that TFC isn't mc. And this will change. Maybe we'll put our own credits in. what ever lol

I can see it now ...

Congratulations ! You beat TFC !

That was level one, now you will return with half as much health and no right arm.

Enjoy !

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0