Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Deathbytac0

My few suggestions

37 posts in this topic

I have quite a few so, I really don't expect all of these to work. Some things others may have suggested, if so I support them completely.

• Climbing gear
A lot of us like to use Smart moving (a lot of us would also like the zipline mod too, but what I have found is that it's not compatible). That wont allow you to scale a diagonal cliff side though. The gear will be expensive and extremely dangerous, and sometimes it can't be used over and over. You could tie a rock to the end of a rope and have a 50/50 chance of it staying, and then once you climb on, a 50/50 chance of it holding. This is extremely dangerous because if you could be awesome enough you could make the ropes swing and have a grip meter. If you hit a rock face you may lose your grip and go plummeting down, missing your platform and ending up in a very painful death. A wrought iron grappling hook (or above) will hold better, allowing you to make hard jumps for the rope, most likely making the rope swing into the rock face but...you did it. Spiked boots may be nice to use to climb on a steep hill or a face 1 block away, or you could make use of them descending.

This is a big one I know and it may not have it's place in this mod.

• More mobs
You said on the mc forum page adding mobs make the game seem a little better, but it didn't really do it. Vanilla monsters aren't too realistic and Mo' Creatures don't spawn right. I want to see something other than bears, I like to see the stuff that will rip your eyes out and teabag your body (no masterchiefs please). Also ambiance is nice, birds, mice, squirrels, you know those small creatures that will also turn on you.

#demented

• Volcanoes and etc
Volcanoes, glaciers, canyons, and everything else I can't think of! Also random size biomes, some go on for about 10kilometers, others 10meters. Examples are the canyons and glades.
  • Settling
So you are advancing through ages and you never establish small civilization. How about a very rare mob like cavemen that you can befriend and then they will advance with you and make small extremely rare villages. This can be completely optional considering you befriend them.

I see the pinned topic, just saying.

• An end goal and then on...
Now you have definitely extended how long it takes to go until you just are bored because you have everything and you just start over, or worse delete the mod. Vanilla Minecraft has an end goal now (not that you will ever win it), TerraFirmaCraft however, does not. I have no idea what to put though, I need all of your help. The suggestions above (except the climbing gear) can contribute to an endless adventure. None of them contribute to the big event you will complete at the climax, an end goal. I am completely stumped by that one, I merely suggest to think of it.
  • Chimney chokes
A feature that allows you to close the chimney, puffing smoke on you and increasing the heat of your forge or bloomery(charcoal pit part only). This makes the fire use the air around it and let the blocks around it build more heat. Too long and it will quickly burn out, but a good way to get a quick boost of heat. Also this can make campfires fill your house with smoke.

Thank you for reading, I hope you like what I have!

I agree with chimney, and biomes somewhat. Mostly in that there need to be more and more interesting/diverse. But chimney is certainly good idea.

I agree with chimney, and biomes somewhat. Mostly in that there need to be more and more interesting/diverse. But chimney is certainly good idea.

Yes, I'm thinking of more... It may not become few after a while lol.

Posted Image

Tackling these in order:

Climbing gear:

Interesting and fits with the time period, but you didn't expand on the idea very well and it should probably have its own thread

More mobs:

Dunk is still in the process of making mobs, but there will nothing 'teabag-capable' in the overworld. The new version of the Nether maybe, but that's far off yet. If you'd read the other threads in this forum, you'd know that. Lurk moar.

Volcanoes and etc...:

Already discussed in another thread that's still on the front page. Now you're just not even trying - it's called the search bar dude. Give it a shot. Also, 'whatever else I can't think of' doesn't count as a suggestion.

Settling:

Bioxx is still iffy on NPCs. When word gets out whether he's adding them or not, then we'll discuss it.

An end goal and then on...:

Dunk has already put a halt on any sort of ending. The devs think it's stupid. The closest you'll get is a death themed realm, which again you'd already know if you'd been lurking more.

Chimney chokes:

Little torn on this one. Other than a completely aesthetic blast of smoke to the face, I see no downside to this. It may require some balancing. It definitely requires its own thread.

In summary, lurk moar, use the search bar before starting a thread, and keep it to one major suggestion per thread. A few of these ideas are okay, but you need to flesh them out more - don't just toss us a half-finished thought and assume we'll work out the rest for you. Do your own thinking properly first, and then we'll add to it.

Posted Image

Tackling these in order:

Climbing gear:

Interesting and fits with the time period, but you didn't expand on the idea very well and it should probably have its own thread

More mobs:

Dunk is still in the process of making mobs, but there will nothing 'teabag-capable' in the overworld. The new version of the Nether maybe, but that's far off yet. If you'd read the other threads in this forum, you'd know that. Lurk moar.

Volcanoes and etc...:

Already discussed in another thread that's still on the front page. Now you're just not even trying - it's called the search bar dude. Give it a shot. Also, 'whatever else I can't think of' doesn't count as a suggestion.

Settling:

Bioxx is still iffy on NPCs. When word gets out whether he's adding them or not, then we'll discuss it.

An end goal and then on...:

Dunk has already put a halt on any sort of ending. The devs think it's stupid. The closest you'll get is a death themed realm, which again you'd already know if you'd been lurking more.

Chimney chokes:

Little torn on this one. Other than a completely aesthetic blast of smoke to the face, I see no downside to this. It may require some balancing. It definitely requires its own thread.

In summary, lurk moar, use the search bar before starting a thread, and keep it to one major suggestion per thread. A few of these ideas are okay, but you need to flesh them out more - don't just toss us a half-finished thought and assume we'll work out the rest for you. Do your own thinking properly first, and then we'll add to it.

I'm caught lol. I did not really mean mobs would teabag you, I'm talking things that will rape your face like werewolves in Mo' Creatures, teabagging is raping of the face, although you are dead... Yeah I should have used the search bar, I pretty much just posted this and then looked through the other posts (stupid lol).

I'm caught lol. I did not really mean mobs would teabag you, I'm talking things that will rape your face like werewolves in Mo' Creatures, teabagging is raping of the face, although you are dead... Yeah I should have used the search bar, I pretty much just posted this and then looked through the other posts (stupid lol).

uhhh.... I don't think there will be any face rape in TFC... (at least not litterally)

uhhh.... I don't think there will be any face rape in TFC... (at least not litterally)

NO! Not literally lol!

Oh god no...

[...] Lurk moar.[...]

[...] lurk moar, [...]

moar is not a word Eternal...

The biomes idea sounds interesting, maybe along with the new mobs. As in, certain mobs for certain biomes. More sheep (read as: goats) in wintery or alpine biomes and not as many cows/pigs/chickens, and maybe lizards or something in volcanic biomes?

It makes you look like an inmmature kid

I am from the board which shall remain nameless, where all women are men, all kids are FBI agents waiting in the party van, and the pool is always closed. Due to AIDS.

Don't be cancer, get in the car when you see a lion, and always lurk moar. It is never enough. I am the final boss of the internet. Expect me.

I am from the board which shall remain nameless, where all women are men, all kids are FBI agents waiting in the party van, and the pool is always closed. Due to AIDS.

Don't be cancer, get in the car when you see a lion, and always lurk moar. It is never enough. I am the final boss of the internet. Expect me.

Only immature kids think going to /b/ makes you look cool. It's the asshole of the internet for a reason. Going there will just make you look covered in shit.

deathbytac0, I don't know about you but I think of Minecraft as a sandbox game. The End and the dragon and all that are pretty meaningless to me (mostly because I don't play vanilla any more, but still), and I have fun playing TFC when I'm building something cool, or when I've found a load of ore, or when I climb a mountain and look down over the area I've settled in. I don't think TFC needs an end game. If the 'Kingdom' release adds as much to the game as is planned, that'll be all the open-ended gameplay you need. :)

aaaaahahahaha this explains so much!

It makes you look like an inmmature kid

true men don't give a damn what they "look like"

Only immature kids think going to /b/ makes you look cool. It's the asshole of the internet for a reason. Going there will just make you look covered in shit.

First, watch your tongue. Second, please do not discriminate. It is not tollerated in this forum.

>thinks all of 4chan is /b/

You're adorable.

Also, b has always been shit and chips, but in more of the 'wretched hive of scum and villainy' sense when I used to go there, not the 12 year olds pretending it's reddit 'LAWL JUSTIN BEIBER SUXX DIKS OMGROFLMAOBBQ' that it is now. I haven't been there in years. Now I'm mostly an /x/phile and an elegan/tg/entleman

Also, your opinion of me hurts so much, mysterious internet man that I will never meet. Why, I may just go back to cutting over your stinging wit. You have bested me, oh alas. Feel better about yourself now?

Stop trying to level up your internet cock and just roll with it. If my 'immature' words bother you, then just ignore my post or even report it if you feel the need to, instead of being a big ol' EVE scented douche about it.

true men don't give a damn what they "look like"

First, watch your tongue. Second, please do not discriminate. It is not tollerated in this forum.

First point is true, but I fear I have to either ask you not to yell at him for his language, or also start yelling at me for mine. I curse like a sailor around here and you don't bat an eye, Dunk. I respect you too much to let you be a hypocrite.

First point is true, but I fear I have to either ask you not to yell at him for his language, or also start yelling at me for mine. I curse like a sailor around here and you don't bat an eye, Dunk. I respect you too much to let you be a hypocrite.

I do bring that up in another thread, I try not to be hypocritical in general. We're (mostly) adults here, it's not the language that's the problem, it's how you use it. It's the difference between "Well shit, that sucks" and "Go away you piece of shit". Directing it at someone or disrespecting how someone acts or what they do outside this forum isn't tolerated here.

I do bring that up in another thread, I try not to be hypocritical in general. We're (mostly) adults here, it's not the language that's the problem, it's how you use it. It's the difference between "Well shit, that sucks" and "Go away you piece of shit". Directing it at someone or disrespecting how someone acts or what they do outside this forum isn't tolerated here.

Point well taken.

hey. I used shit semi-literally. as in excrement. from an asshole.

hey. I used shit semi-literally. as in excrement. from an asshole.

Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it.

This is so off topic I may vomit.

Can we get back to discussing this guy's ideas?

Too true... And yes, while they should have been thought out before suggesting, he does have some good ideas. But I Do agree it should be kept to one idea per thread.

I like the idea of the climbing gear, but it could be explained and expanded more. One problem I see with it, though is how easy or difficult it would be to code all of that.

I also like the idea of the chimmeny choke, but if I may, aren't bellows used to increase the heat of a fire temporarily (balanced by an increased feul consumption rate) already?

Thank you lol...

The guy above me, last thing about the chimney. (On my phone its hard to quote that)

There are many ways to increase heat. A good thing to add is an oxygen level, this will give more ways to heat up or put out a forge. Also on smp you can close the choke and spam the bellows, this will give some crazy heat. It may be overpowered but its completely fair and works irl. Bellows can also slightly cool the blocks. This gives me an idea, change the heat to a number to raise the cap and add more tempurature factors like ambient temp and case temp. This way you can get the temperature really high with a closed choke and someone spamming the bellows, but at one point the temperature will turn and decrease because the casing is overcooled. This will also allow more metals.

I will break some things off this tread and make them their own, chimney chokes will probably become a smithing overhaul in its own thread.

+1 on the climbing gear, I really feel it would add a nice facet to in-game movement, like smart moving does.

Most of the other suggestions, as others pointed out, have been covered fairly comprehensively on the forum.

The chimney choke is interesting, but smoke was already ruled out as too cpu intensive I thought ?

The chimney choke is interesting, but smoke was already ruled out as too cpu intensive I thought ?

I have been thinking about it, and i don't see the need to have the actual smoke implemented. Just make it so stading in front of the forge while doing it will give you some potion effects, which effect duration will depend of the amount of air blocks around you -So if you are in a small building with no ventilation, you are likely to die from those effects, but if you are doing it in the middle of nowhere, you will be mostly safe. If coffing can be added, it would be cool for the Chimney choke to make you coff, regardeless of the air blocks around :P

Cough* sorry i had to, but i do like the climbing gear.