Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GismoT

Better Food

28 posts in this topic

Better Food

To be able to cook one needs more then a campfire. This is why i propose the oven, the fire kettle and the hearth

Oven

The Oven is used to bake stuff -> bread, cake, roasts etc

Tier 1

Posted Image a hollow brick cube placed like the forge but up to 7x7, in the middle is always a campfire

rightclicking the oven opens a gui, for wood/coal and the to be cooked meal

Tier 2

made out of iron like the vanilla stone oven, has only room for 1 meal, but longer burntime and faster cooking

kettle

is a metal kettle placed over a campfire -> soups, gulash etc

Posted Image

hearth

for stakes eggs etc

similar to the vanilla oven Tier 1 bricks Tier 2 metal

the recipe maybe :

XXX

X X

Meals

pizza -> upcoming tomatos perhaps ?

sausages

stews

soups -> pumkin soup ?

fruit cake

etc.

what do you guys think ?

you're about to have fruits and vegetables up the wazoo. Don't really need to add more food yet.

mmmmm, wazoo...

Edit: the only people that had related my name to anything was the gremlin gizmo. All it is is a small gadget that runs on the hypothetical energy source of antimatter. Also people almost never can pronounce it on their first go.

Edited by antimattergizmo

Kettles (or some kind of large dangling pot) are already confirmed, I believe

don't quote me on it tho

you're about to have fruits and vegetables up the wazoo. Don't really need to add more food yet.

the idea was to actually use the stuff we get, how often do you eat raw pumpkin ? ^^

the idea was to actually use the stuff we get, how often do you eat raw pumpkin ? ^^

you must celebrate Halloween differently where you're from.

^joke.

Raw pumpkin is actually quite tasty and nutritious. Though kind of a poor example it would be neat to eventually see kind of a cooking system and some variety, kind of a just for giggles thing.

Another thing would be decorative food dishes you can plate up a table with, or placeable food piles for a pantry. Long term vision here though id think.

you must celebrate Halloween differently where you're from.

^joke.

i dont celebrate halloween at all dude, not everybody is from an english speaking country

i thought more of it to have link it in the" balanced diet something thread" ^^ and also to have nice effects like sugar rush, slow movement due to overeating, reduced poisen resistence due to wrong diet etc.

this would also put a bigger emphasis on nutrition, you have to actually work to fill the hunger bar and not only eat an egg with a very big energy level

the professions tied to food and meals would actually have a purpose, not some semi work -> less work high output

this would also lead to a better economy/kingdom system, since only well suplied kingdoms/outposts/mining cities could afford an actual mining industry/army/defense

not just, I WANT NEEEEW STUFF NAOW

i hope i made my point in a not obtrusive way ^^

i dont celebrate halloween at all dude, not everybody is from an english speaking country

i thought more of it to have link it in the" balanced diet something thread" ^^ and also to have nice effects like sugar rush, slow movement due to overeating, reduced poisen resistence due to wrong diet etc.

this would also put a bigger emphasis on nutrition, you have to actually work to fill the hunger bar and not only eat an egg with a very big energy level

the professions tied to food and meals would actually have a purpose, not some semi work -> less work high output

this would also lead to a better economy/kingdom system, since only well suplied kingdoms/outposts/mining cities could afford an actual mining industry/army/defense

not just, I WANT NEEEEW STUFF NAOW

i hope i made my point in a not obtrusive way ^^

I'm not short sighted enough to assume you are from an English speaking country, but (take this as a compliment) your grammar and punctuation made me assume that you were. How would you know we don't eat raw pumpkins in Canada? We could...

There is only 1 kind of pumpkin to my knowledge that is tasty in its raw state

its from japan ^^

but thanks dude for the semi compliment

Edited by GismoT

so i jsut read your post in the "Go to hell thread"

pls don´t be angry =) with me being pushy, i just thought you got my idea wrong

There is only 1 kind of pumpkin to my knowledge that is tasty in its raw state

its from japan ^^

Ahh, but that makes the assumption that all people everywhere have exactly the same taste in food, and all like only pumpkins from japan raw.

food and music, two things people don't realize different people have other opinions of.

food and music, two things people don't realize different people have other opinions of.

also how smart people think they are.

i did not mean to offend anyone, but you sir take everything seriously do you ?

For your peace of mind

There is only 1 kind of pumpkin "TO MY KNOWLEDGE" that is tasty in its raw state its from japan ^^

I have to add, its breed for this purpose

After highlighting the shit out of it, maybe you realise, what i meant

i also played a little with dunkleosteus´ joke

so i hope i have resolved the biggest problem in all of the universe

There was NO INTENTION to be a smartass

new ways too cook things faster nice :rolleyes:

You're new around these parts, so I'll explain simply that necromancy is a forbidden practice round here.

There's 2 ways to bring a thread back from the great beyond:

Revival/Resurrection - making a quality post in an otherwise dead thread that re-invigorates discussion in new or otherwise interesting ways. This one is okay, and even welcomed.

Necromancy - finding the rotting corpse of a thread and shitposting, or going 'Oh wow I like this idea!!!!ONE' without adding anything new. This one is not okay, and you WILL be attacked for it.

You've used up your one-time pass on this, as it has now been explained to you

As all food can be simplified down into the basic maths of providing a certain amount of hunger refill and hunger saturation, I think a very basic cooking system could in fact be implemented without a huge undertaking. The basics would be that any food item could be combined, preserved or not. The combined result would produce a cookable version based on the sum of the values in it plus a given amount to justify investment of time. For example:

Cherry (.5) + Cherry (.5) + Cherry (.5) + Cherry (.5) + Flour + Sugar = Uncooked Fruit Pie (3)

The results could be cooked in whichever way is appropriate, pies in an oven, soups in pots, etc. You would determine where it is cooked based on the additive to the food, flour + sugar would be a pie and is baked, water bucket or milk bucket would create soup and is then poured into a cauldron or kettle to cook, etc.

The positive is that cooked food provides as bit more food at a slightly increased investment of time, the negative being that once food rotting is implemented, cooked foods would be preservable and will rot faster than a raw food source. The real benefit is the simplicity, as you'd basically just be adding pie / soup / whatever with damage values to determine hunger satisfaction, thus providing a simple cooking method with genuine benefits that is believable without breaking the food system entirely.

As all food can be simplified down into the basic maths of providing a certain amount of hunger refill and hunger saturation, I think a very basic cooking system could in fact be implemented without a huge undertaking. The basics would be that any food item could be combined, preserved or not. The combined result would produce a cookable version based on the sum of the values in it plus a given amount to justify investment of time. For example:

Cherry (.5) + Cherry (.5) + Cherry (.5) + Cherry (.5) + Flour + Sugar = Uncooked Fruit Pie (3)

The results could be cooked in whichever way is appropriate, pies in an oven, soups in pots, etc. You would determine where it is cooked based on the additive to the food, flour + sugar would be a pie and is baked, water bucket or milk bucket would create soup and is then poured into a cauldron or kettle to cook, etc.

The positive is that cooked food provides as bit more food at a slightly increased investment of time, the negative being that once food rotting is implemented, cooked foods would be preservable and will rot faster than a raw food source. The real benefit is the simplicity, as you'd basically just be adding pie / soup / whatever with damage values to determine hunger satisfaction, thus providing a simple cooking method with genuine benefits that is believable without breaking the food system entirely.

kinda similar to the runescape system

so uh, cherrychangas anyone?

shouldnt salted or smoked, pickeld etc. increase the storage time, then decrease it ?

Those are preservation types, I'm talking about straight cooking and preservation would be separate. Heck, you could always just make it a sliding scale of sorts: Cooking food increases how many bars or saturation is given but decreases amount of time before it goes bad, where preservation could slightly decrease food value but give a very big boost to food longevity.

Those are preservation types, I'm talking about straight cooking and preservation would be separate. Heck, you could always just make it a sliding scale of sorts: Cooking food increases how many bars or saturation is given but decreases amount of time before it goes bad, where preservation could slightly decrease food value but give a very big boost to food longevity.

...but cooked food lasts longer than raw...

If i go and revive about five threads, will people assume cooking has not been discussed?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0