Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DarkLadyPhoenix

Monster spawns

60 posts in this topic

alright im a bit confused as to where this topic went, can someone help me out?

alright im a bit confused as to where this topic went, can someone help me out?

Bioxx and Dunk are planning on making several changes to combat and the health system which will break compatibility with the "Player API" mod. As this is the case, "Smart Moving" will no longer be usable by any TFC players.

Bioxx and Dunk are planning on making several changes to combat and the health system which will break compatibility with the "Player API" mod. As this is the case, "Smart Moving" will no longer be usable by any TFC players.

well as long as it fixes the crappy combat in minsraft

well as long as it fixes the crappy combat in minsraft

That's exactly what I said .. I don't care what mods they break .. As long as they fix the game :P

That's exactly what I said .. I don't care what mods they break .. As long as they fix the game :P

oh man if only mojang would listen to us!

oh man if only mojang would listen to us!

Yeah .. Keep in mind though that we are a minority of players who feel the game isn't hard enough in the ways we do. TFC is a godsend for people like us, but most MC players are just looking for an easy ride .. Personally, I think Mojang should just accept that the reason their game is big is due to the awesome mods available, and actually give the mod creators something which has enough flexibility to basically make their own games :P

The idea of an engine which the players buy is quite interesting actually :P Mojang could develop MC to lay down the groundwork for mod devs, then players would buy this base engine and download mods for it which they would play :L

It'd be pretty cool I think :L

uh oh.

But- but- Realcraft! T_T

It's already bad enough I have to wait for GLSL and Dynamic Lights compatibility, don't go the opposite direction!

stuff

but what im trying to say is that, instead of adding a bunch of useless or single use shit, they should focus on either fixing, improving or adding new features to the already existing stuff. damn i wish notch were still working on minsraft

CURSE YOU JEB AND YOUR AMZING HAIR!!!

Ah fudgecookies.... First you take away my multicore rendendering from optifine, now you take Smart move... (Grumpy sigh) Is there a way to truncate parts of it (optifine), so that certain FPS enhancing features would still be compatible? i have Six cores, and i tired of only being able to really use One to render my world.

Ah fudgecookies.... First you take away my multicore rendendering from optifine, now you take Smart move... (Grumpy sigh) Is there a way to truncate parts of it (optifine), so that certain FPS enhancing features would still be compatible? i have Six cores, and i tired of only being able to really use One to render my world.

you'd have to talk to the maker of optifine for that.

I feel your pain bro .. I'm running an AMD phenom 2 x6 1100T .. A whole bunch of perfectly good cores put to waste :P

As I said though .. I had already consigned myself to their loss :P

but what im trying to say is that, instead of adding a bunch of useless or single use shit, they should focus on either fixing, improving or adding new features to the already existing stuff. damn i wish notch were still working on minsraft

CURSE YOU JEB AND YOUR AMZING HAIR!!!

I gave up on vanilla a long time ago .. I've been playing since alpha so I've watched it's steady descent :P

All I want from mojang now is for them to let the modders do their job and make an actually good game :L

eh i have the opposite problem here i can barely play minsraft without optifine!

With all the mods i use, it will be VERY laggy for me after Optifine becomes incompatible. Unless i only keep one world, use the minumun settings and only have two mods as a max : -which means goodbye redpower, which means goodbye to easily and efficiently made redstone devices -_--. And it will still be laggy after all that... :.

EDIT: not saying i don't want the mod to advance in the best way possible. Just complaining :

Mhhh, could it be an option class file(s) so that if we wanted to retain optifine, we just don't include the blinding snowstorm class? i would like to see those, but optifine increases my fps by like 4 times.

With the strong possibility of loosing player api compatability what are the odds of the ability to crawl or climb similar to smart moving being added to tfc?

Its kinda cool being able to crawl around through little holes connecting cave systems and such.

With the strong possibility of loosing player api compatability what are the odds of the ability to crawl or climb similar to smart moving being added to tfc?

Its kinda cool being able to crawl around through little holes connecting cave systems and such.

If we recreated smart moving, they might get annoyed at us :/

Hmm, i suppose so. Maybe there's hope of them writing a compatibility into it. I guess we will just have to see how things turn out further down the road.

Hmm, i suppose so. Maybe there's hope of them writing a compatibility into it. I guess we will just have to see how things turn out further down the road.

If they wrote compatibility into it, it would break their compatibility with other mods. We're breaking compatibility with all other player changing mods, so they probably won't

This may sound slightly condescending, but have you ever actually asked ?

Think about it this way: If smart moving is now incompatible with TFC, you aren't affecting their popularity, as any TFC users wouldn't be able to install it anyway. If people want just SM, they still have to download the official one as the TFC version would be tied to this mod.

Any objection they had would be (at least on a logical level) unreasonable, as it does absolutely no harm to their mod. They might want to retain the code for personal reasons, but I can't see the harm in asking in a diplomatic and cautious manner.

I think that if you explained to them that your user base are big fans of the mod but you are being forced to break compatibility, they would understand and allow you to patch it.

Just a thought :)

This may sound slightly condescending, but have you ever actually asked ?

Think about it this way: If smart moving is now incompatible with TFC, you aren't affecting their popularity, as any TFC users wouldn't be able to install it anyway. If people want just SM, they still have to download the official one as the TFC version would be tied to this mod.

Any objection they had would be (at least on a logical level) unreasonable, as it does absolutely no harm to their mod. They might want to retain the code for personal reasons, but I can't see the harm in asking in a diplomatic and cautious manner.

I think that if you explained to them that your user base are big fans of the mod but you are being forced to break compatibility, they would understand and allow you to patch it.

Just a thought :)

I mean they might, but it would have to entirely redone :(. They're code relies heavilly on PlayerAPI, and without it, everything they programmed would have to be recoded to be compatible. They most likely wouldn't want to spend the time reworking it (and with how often TFC is updated, no one would want to) and we have no where near the staff or time to do it ourselves. (Plus, Bioxx doesn't want anyone else touching the code but him and me)

I mean they might, but it would have to entirely redone :(. They're code relies heavilly on PlayerAPI, and without it, everything they programmed would have to be recoded to be compatible. They most likely wouldn't want to spend the time reworking it (and with how often TFC is updated, no one would want to) and we have no where near the staff or time to do it ourselves. (Plus, Bioxx doesn't want anyone else touching the code but him and me)

I understand :) .. Perhaps a dream for a more stable time then :P

with the new "Wither" boss being added soon

(many are saying it will spawn in the empty dirt chambers within abandoned mines) will we be seeing it have changess as well ?

P.S

when (if ever) will we be seeing the return of underground mine shafts / most spawning structures?

i ve always wanted to see abandoned mines have an enterance at the surface, perhaps as a collapsed tunnel in the side of a mountain ?

this could also be the exit point for any bad mobs that appear on the surface.

Well, dunk plans on adding things like crypts. and similar structures sometime in the future.

Well, dunk plans on adding things like crypts. and similar structures sometime in the future.

that could be cool :)

that could be cool :)

will be cool*