Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DarkLadyPhoenix

Monster spawns

60 posts in this topic

will be cool*

hmm

starts list of interesting ruins for surface passages to crypts ...

maby get ride of skellys and zombie have bandits and archor like in swlight forest places wher thay spawn so we can go ther when we are ready for a fight

maby get ride of skellys and zombie have bandits and archor like in swlight forest places wher thay spawn so we can go ther when we are ready for a fight

1. lurk moar, if you did, you would know that mobs are not going to be spawning on the surface, they will still be zombies and skellingtons and spiders and such, but they are meing moved to underground crypts and dungeons

2. your spelling is so bad it hurts

This hurt my brain...

But on the same note, I think creepers should be removed, as I already read about the enderman change and I'm totally fine with that, but having something walk up behind me and blow up and kill me isn't really believable, which is the basis of TFC. A creature made of gunpowder wouldn't be able to live, and there's no use for gunpowder other than TNT, which wasn't even discovered until the 1860's... Not really medieval now is it? :P

This hurt my brain...

But on the same note, I think creepers should be removed, as I already read about the enderman change and I'm totally fine with that, but having something walk up behind me and blow up and kill me isn't really believable, which is the basis of TFC. A creature made of gunpowder wouldn't be able to live, and there's no use for gunpowder other than TNT, which wasn't even discovered until the 1860's... Not really medieval now is it? :P

But then again, if you remove creepers from minecraft you may as well make everything regular matter instead of cubes

But then again, if you remove creepers from minecraft you may as well make everything regular matter instead of cubes

I would totally remove creepers if it was up to me, which I suppose it may be some day with the proper mod. In my opinion a mob that blows things up in a creative sandbox game is dumb, I mean maybe if creepers were way more rare, but walking through the forest and all of a sudden you hear 4 or 5 booms one after another right before your brains splatter all over kinda frustraits me. Its not so much the possible death at all, but the ugly crater.

On the other hand I can put up with then on the basis that soon,hopefully, they will not spawn on the surface, or in my broom closet, waiting to give me a hug.

Creepers are a symbol of minecraft. Veteran players who make up most of our player base probably won't take very well to you removing one of the symbols of minecraft (this includes redstone). If they spawned rarely in crypts however I could live with that.

Edit: Unrelated idea, kind of, what if at the surface cavern/crypt entrances hostile mobs could leave at night? Dash that, what if they could only leave on the night of a full moon?

Edit: Unrelated idea, kind of, what if at the surface cavern/crypt entrances hostile mobs could leave at night? Dash that, what if they could only leave on the night of a full moon?

Why the word "werewolf" jumps in my mind right now?

I would totally remove creepers if it was up to me,

Then I'm glad it wasn't up to you.

Creepers were a brilliant idea to add to a construction sandbox where death only costs you your stuff. After all, what, then, have you to fear from death? A temporary wallet puncture, Sonic rings style? No no, your life is not that in minecraft which you must defend. But that 1:1 scale model of boston you spent a month on? You need a good reassssssssssson to fear the night.

Then I'm glad it wasn't up to you.

Creepers were a brilliant idea to add to a construction sandbox where death only costs you your stuff. After all, what, then, have you to fear from death? A temporary wallet puncture, Sonic rings style? No no, your life is not that in minecraft which you must defend. But that 1:1 scale model of boston you spent a month on? You need a good reassssssssssson to fear the night.

Agreed. But what will do that once the crypt update happens? Maybe only the undead and giant bugs and any additional monsters Bioxx and dunk might add should be restricted to the cyrpts and creepers be left aboveground?

Or monsters rising from the ground in invasions every new moon? (dark of the moon)

I'm stuck on this one :/