Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jasnatdic

Living Ground Cover

16 posts in this topic

Not sure how possible this even is, but I thought it would be neat to have plant growth kinda mimic natuere.

For instance flowers of varying types which would even be biome, or more specifically climate specific. They just rendomly pop up in the proper growing season and spread arround. Snow fall of course would crush the less hearty of these, but seeds still get around.

Tall grass that also cycles, but grows back in spring.

Moss in various places, maybe even various types, that slowly spreads with proper shade and humidity, and warmth. Even spreading sometimes onto man made blocks as well as many natural blocks.

Shrubberies, these can be planted and spread, maybe even berry bushes. These would spawn by default all over, including quite thickly in patches in forests and such. They are also harvestable for shoots which would allow you to transplant them for decor, or just your own berry thicket.

Weeds; these are hearty, sometimes pretty, sometimes thorny, always hard to erradicate plants that spread all over. Even in your nice neat vegi garden if you don't tend it.

Not sure how much of this has, if any, been suggested before. I'm at work on my phone and just wanted to get the ideas down while I was thinking about them. Also searching isn't as easy as you would think it should be. :P

agree'd. the ground needs more variety

i like the idea of having dynamic grass like terraria stlye where it grows back after a while even if you cut it down

and berry bushes... i kinda exploded a bit when i read that. I WANT MAH DANG RASPBERRIES!!!!!!11!1ONE

also, maybe in larger forests, there would be coverings of dead leaves on the ground?

also, maybe in larger forests, there would be coverings of dead leaves on the ground?

Like retextured snow tiles...

Like retextured snow tiles...

yerp

Me likey :)

Me likey :)

me too :lol:

Shrubberies

Posted Image

Posted Image

"now, for your next task, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... with...

A HERRING!!!

Posted Image

Goddamnit Dunk, I was trying SO HARD not to, and it was working, and then, just...

...ugh.

This is now a Monty Python thread

Oh dear, sweet thread, i shall avenge you!

Thread: But, i'm not dead

Dear Sweet, mortally wounded thread-

Thread: Actually i'm feeling better...

Partly wounded thread, i shall-

Thread: Well, i think i can stand up.

(Oh my, i love Monty Python)

well speaking off...

I...am an enchanter.

there are some who call me....tim

Tim the enchanter is damn epic xP

anyways, to get a bit more on topic, the cover of leaves might be seasonal, leaves will randomly die (and regrow i suppose since MC trees are kinda ugly, with no branches etc xP) and leave dead leaves on the ground. would be pretty nice ^^

and i agree... i want... a shrubbery. well actually, i'd much rather have berry bushes etc :3

What about 2 shrubberies, that came from one large one (XD) but anyways, seeing dead leaves during autum and winter would add a nice touch.

well speaking off...

I...am an enchanter.

there are some who call me....tim

Tim the enchanter is damn epic xP

anyways, to get a bit more on topic, the cover of leaves might be seasonal, leaves will randomly die (and regrow i suppose since MC trees are kinda ugly, with no branches etc xP) and leave dead leaves on the ground. would be pretty nice ^^

and i agree... i want... a shrubbery. well actually, i'd much rather have berry bushes etc :3

Already suggested to Bioxx. I'll probably work on it, as trees were what got me into TFC in the first place. I'm nature man, not just the animal guy.

Already suggested to Bioxx. I'll probably work on it, as trees were what got me into TFC in the first place. I'm nature man, not just the animal guy.

da da DUM, its NATURE MAN!

There's a note about moss in the vegetation subpage under info if I recall correctly.

What about 2 shrubberies, that came from one large one (XD) but anyways, seeing dead leaves during autum and winter would add a nice touch.

then you stagger the srubbries so theres a nice little path down the middle

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0