Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
JRagans

Leather Gloves

59 posts in this topic

While Gloves would be cool, i think your hands are not the only things that get hot during say forging, having done some forging IRL, i found that my whole front half becomes well above normal levels, and i start sweating profusely, so i think keeping the armor as is, would be fine (as in, the 4 slots.) Because the chest could include (and i think does) bracers, and gloves.

Because the chest could include (and i think does) bracers, and gloves.

-looks over at wiki page-

well some of the chestplate armors do, but only some and they only have gloves and pauldrons, no bracers or other forms of arm-armor

eh just my opinion but i think that gloves should stay seperate from chestplates, chestplate are just that, something over your chest

gloves would include at least forearm protection as well

i think there should be a whole smitting outfit, boots, trousers,apron,gloves, maybe a hat ?

also there should be additional tool needed for smithing, pinchers, diffrent hammers etc, one does not simply make a mace with 1 hammer :P

maybe some thing should only be craftable if 2 players have opend the gui

i think there should be a whole smitting outfit, boots, trousers,apron,gloves, maybe a hat ?

also there should be additional tool needed for smithing, pinchers, diffrent hammers etc, one does not simply make a mace with 1 hammer :P

yeah but not the 2 player gui thing, what happens in singleplayer if you wanna make that

yeah but not the 2 player gui thing, what happens in singleplayer if you wanna make that

Hire a testificate :D

Hire a testificate :D

NOOOO

WIPE THAT SMILEY FACE OFF YOUR POST SIR!

i hate testificates with a burning, undying passion

i wouldnt hire them if it was the only thing i could to to save the whole freaking world

Ok, ok...

how about this, hire one of the vilagers from the Minecraft Comes Alive mod :

Ok, ok...

how about this, hire one of the vilagers from the Minecraft Comes Alive mod :

but thats another mod not TFC

and if anything if we add villages i think millenaire style villages would be best

but thats another mod not TFC

and if anything if we add villages i think millenaire style villages would be best

Agreed with this.

The reason i only suggested gloves though was because we already have things like leather shirts, pants, boots, and headwear.

A whole new set of leather clothing would seem redundant.

But gloves cover the part of your body that has the most potential for getting burned and right now, in-game, are completely bare.

The reason i only suggested gloves though was because we already have things like leather shirts, pants, boots, and headwear.

But gloves cover the part of your body that has the most potential for getting burned and right now, in-game, are completely bare.

well theres a difference between leather armor, and leather work clothes

of course a smithing outfit wont protect you from a sword or axe stroke, but it definitely protect better against the heat of a forge and the occasional stray metal fragment

and how you say hands are the most easily burnt part when you're forging, you're right, but i'd like to see you work a forge with only golves on, it gets really hot and not to mention the sparks that fly off the metal as you beat it. a full outfit would make smithing much less dangerous

maybe you could be able to smith without an full outfit, but there would be a chance to get damage while in the gui

-sorry if someone already suggested this-

Again we go back to the ambient temperature system, if you have leather/fur clothes, you will have higher insulation (IE slower high up, and cool down) so you can withstand the temps for longer, but in game it might just increase the temperature range you can withstand. So if at any time, temperatures reach above/below manageable temps, then you start taking damage.

Again we go back to the ambient temperature system, if you have leather/fur clothes, you will have higher insulation (IE slower high up, and cool down) so you can withstand the temps for longer, but in game it might just increase the temperature range you can withstand. So if at any time, temperatures reach above/below manageable temps, then you start taking damage.

that would make sence for like ice biomes and lava lakes and stuff like that

but i dont think forges and firepits heat up the atmosphere that much in game atm

maybe the outfit could act like the aparist's suit in forestry, it makes it so you receive no damage from a forge because if you tried to use one without it, you would randomly get hurt, like accesing an apiary without the proper suit

Well, i think it would be simpler if the forge just radiates a lot of heat locally, without the need for scripted damage events.

Well, i think it would be simpler if the forge just radiates a lot of heat locally, without the need for scripted damage events.

but then you would have to give all the clothing and armors "insulation values" for how much they insulate you from temperature changes

i was thinking that instead of ust getting hurt if you stand around the forge, you would only get hurt if you try to work with it while not wearing the blackmith outfit

cuz yeah i know it gets hot around forges, but not enough to hurt you, but lets see you try to forge a sword blade without cloves or an apron

but then you would have to give all the clothing and armors "insulation values" for how much they insulate you from temperature changes

But unless Bioxx has decided to cancel out taking cold damage from exposure unless clothed, as was planned, then they'll have those values anyway. May as well use them for more than 1 thing.

Agreed. And if iceboxes are added too...

hire a npc, some metalwork and other tasks already in tfc cant be performed allone, unless you are rambo or major schaefer :P

have you ever hit a glowing piece of metal to create steel ? its spraying everywhere, if you are doing it alone or you are a newbie

hire a npc, some metalwork and other tasks already in tfc cant be performed allone, unless you are rambo or major schaefer :P

But adding NPC's has other ramifications that i might like to be avoided, Sure if the system were to be something believable like Millenaire, i would support it, but i don't want the default system of the testificates. And from the way the mod is going, it's heading towards a more SMP oriented game.

this could be a smp only thing prob solved :P

nyeh even with millenaire style villagers, i still think adding NPCs is a bad idea, you're supposed to be surviving in this new world, not mooching off pre-existing settlements

But to make it only SMP, there would be seperate downloads, putting it into a modular system. And good point srg, maybe make the settlements VERY primitive, like tents and such.

why seprate downloads ?

there are config files, you just had to set one thing to 1 the other to 0

But to make it only SMP, there would be seperate downloads, putting it into a modular system. And good point srg, maybe make the settlements VERY primitive, like tents and such.

hmm speaking of tents...

nomadic canvas tents anyone?

Canvas? i was thinking more along the native american system of using furs, and skins. But caves could also service this need i suppose.