Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oopyuman

Oopyuman's Suggestions (which gives no indication as to what is actually discussed here)

78 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! It's Oopyuman here,

Well I have been playing terrafirmacraft for a week now and so far I like it a lot! But it feels a bit limited, so I decided to write a few suggestions and see if people agree with me. And yes, I am aware that these are more suggestions in one thread but I have kind of more suggestions and it would be a bit of spam if I were to make a thread for each one...Ok so here they are:

1.Torches run out

Placed torches will run out after a certain time from being placed. They will still be on the walls, but they won't produce any light at all (or if you like, they will produce a decreasingly amount of light depending on how much time has passed) and they will require another torch, or a firestarter to be lit back up.

2.Elevators

I know that you think that elevators aren't for this period of time, but I'm speaking of primitive elevators. My concept probably wouldn't be liked by all of you but here it is:

Elevator itself has 3 parts. One is the actual wooden platform, another one is the rope system, and the other one is the block, or a rotative lever which puts the elevator into function. To balance it all, the elevator will require a medium amount of resources. They will require rope, wood, grease, and some stone.

The elevator will be only for two or more persons, one will action the lever to lower/raise the elevator, and the other ones will be in it.

3.Miscellaneous

• Pocket&Placeable clocks
  • Mirrors
More to come

4.Darker nights

Nights appear to be too bright, even with moody brightness, and nothing stops me (and my server friends) to do activities at night. It's the same as the day!

And that'll be it for now, I will add some new suggestions later on, thank you for reading my thread, and I hope you liked them. Make sure to reply about them.

Hello everyone! It's Oopyuman here,

Well I have been playing terrafirmacraft for a week now and so far I like it a lot! But it feels a bit limited, so I decided to write a few suggestions and see if people agree with me. And yes, I am aware that these are more suggestions in one thread but I have kind of more suggestions and it would be a bit of spam if I were to make a thread for each one...Ok so here they are:

1.Torches run out

Placed torches will run out after a certain time from being placed. They will still be on the walls, but they won't produce any light at all (or if you like, they will produce a decreasingly amount of light depending on how much time has passed) and they will require another torch, or a firestarter to be lit back up.

2.Elevators

I know that you think that elevators aren't for this period of time, but I'm speaking of primitive elevators. My concept probably wouldn't be liked by all of you but here it is:

Elevator itself has 3 parts. One is the actual wooden platform, another one is the rope system, and the other one is the block, or a rotative lever which puts the elevator into function. To balance it all, the elevator will require a medium amount of resources. They will require rope, wood, grease, and some stone.

The elevator will be only for two or more persons, one will action the lever to lower/raise the elevator, and the other ones will be in it.

3.Miscellaneous

• Pocket&Placeable clocks
  • Mirrors
More to come

4.Darker nights

Nights appear to be too bright, even with moody brightness, and nothing stops me (and my server friends) to do activities at night. It's the same as the day!

And that'll be it for now, I will add some new suggestions later on, thank you for reading my thread, and I hope you liked them. Make sure to reply about them.

1.) this was talked about a loooooooong time ago, so I won't say "lurk moar". I personally like this, and think it would be a nice touch. But, there is the issue of coming back home to find a creeper in your bed.

2.) lurk moar, countless elevator/primitive machinery threads are in this forum, please use the search function.

3) a.) eh, might be out of the time period, not completely sure. But I like using the sun, or, you know, the calendar (hint: press n).

b.) lurk moar

4.) Eh, the chance of a creeper blowing your ass to bits should be a good enough deterrent for not adventuring out into the night.

Finally, and most importantly, welcome to the forums!

1.) this was talked about a loooooooong time ago, so I won't say "lurk moar". I personally like this, and think it would be a nice touch. But, there is the issue of coming back home to find a creeper in your bed.

2.) lurk moar, countless elevator/primitive machinery threads are in this forum, please use the search function.

3) a.) eh, might be out of the time period, not completely sure. But I like using the sun, or, you know, the calendar (hint: press n).

b.) lurk moar

4.) Eh, the chance of a creeper blowing your ass to bits should be a good enough deterrent for not adventuring out into the night.

Finally, and most importantly, welcome to the forums!

if you have any small suggestions like these, place them in this thread if they havn't already been discussed

but yeah welcome to the forums!

Once monsters are restricted to crypts, haveing run out torches and darker nights might not be a bad idea. Ther question is, what would torches going out add other than realistic tedium?

(first thing you should know about this forum is the "r" word [realism, realistic, real] is baaad word. This mods focus is not to be a simulator, it's to be believable and FUN)

You say this mod is "limited" but I fail to see how any of your additions do anything about this supposed problem...

Just trying to stir up some meaningful discussion :) welcome to the forums!

Edit: I swear if one more person says lurk moar, I'll flip a tit!

Lurk moar?

Just trying to stir up some meaningful discussion :)

sounds more like you're being a bit too harsh

"You say this mod is "limited" but I fail to see how any of your additions do anything about this supposed problem..."

that just kinda sounds a bit mean to me

and also, torches going out wont add more tedium, it will add reasons to search for new light sources like candles and lanterns

whale blubber, problem solved.

sounds more like you're being a bit too harsh

"You say this mod is "limited" but I fail to see how any of your additions do anything about this supposed problem..."

that just kinda sounds a bit mean to me

and also, torches going out wont add more tedium, it will add reasons to search for new light sources like candles and lanterns

It wasn't mean, it was blunt. I put a smile at the end to let him know I'm friendly. I'm not going to soften the truth...

Also, news flash, candles and lanterns go out too. Tedium galore.

So cmon, disscuss, letssss.

And eternal, your posts lately are borderline spammy. Contribute some thing to the post or don't post at all.

It wasn't mean, it was blunt. I put a smile at the end to let him know I'm friendly. I'm not going to soften the truth...

Also, news flash, candles and lanterns go out too. Tedium galore.

And eternal, your posts lately are borderline spammy. Contribute some thing to the post or don't post at all.

1. no this would not add tedium, seeing as light wouldnt be neccesary seeing as mobs wouldnt spawn there, you would just need it at night so you can see, so light sources going out wouldn't cause tedium, because you wouldnt need them on all the time

2. it appears you have a death wish, talking about eternal like that

1. no this would not add tedium, seeing as light wouldnt be neccesary seeing as mobs wouldnt spawn there, you would just need it at night so you can see, so light sources going out wouldn't cause tedium, because you wouldnt need them on all the time

2. it appears you have a death wish, talking about eternal like that

1. That's why I said "since mobs will spawn in crypts, this might be doable" however, I am still only hearing reasons why it isn't bad. Not why it's good. What could this add to the game other then tedium? Please, do tell.

2. He is not a god, (or a dev) quit treating him like one. He was blatantly beaching forum etiquite and I called him out on it.

1. That's why I said "since mobs will spawn in crypts, this might be doable" however, I am still only hearing reasons why it isn't bad. Not why it's good. What could this add to the game other then tedium? Please, do tell.

2. He is not a god, (or a dev) quit treating him like one. He was blatantly beaching forum etiquite and I called him out on it.

1. beleivability, you dont just light a stick on fire, slap it on your wall, then call it a light source, also, variety, it just looks silly that even though you have a nice modern looking home, or an underground complex, you still light it with torches

2. i know but he definitely is more experienced and knows alot more about this than you so don't go all bashing him like you're his equal

I'm kinda up in the air about torches burning out. There are several possible results to it. Haveing to keep lighting a torch to get around your house all the time on top of everything else is like you say; more tedium. However if they do burn out then there is a significant reason to upgrade to more reliable light, which has been discussed on other suggestions.

Another thing is wild beasts such as wolves bears and all the other things that are in store for us. It is hinted that these will fear the light and fire. So torches, makeing sure they are fresh at night, trying to not be wolf food can be enhanced from a survival standpoint.

One think I will say about torches burning out, there needs to be a hand held light from torches or this will flat out be lame. Walking down your mine with a torch or lantern or something while it lights the way is great. Walking through your mine a couple times a day having to place torches every time to find your way is just stupid. That's not to say that you would be keeping it lit but hveing to totaly relight your path every time is pointless.

So there's my goods and bads about it.

2. He is not a god, (or a dev), [comma goes after the close-paren] quit treating him like one. He was blatantly beaching breaching forum etiquite etiquette and I called him out on it.

C-

Very poor, see me after class

Well one, you don't know that I'm not a god, as there is nothing preventing Morgan Freeman from opening a TFC forum account.

Two, I am definitely not a dev, but I'm pretty decent friends with one, and he's had my back a hell of a lot more than he's had yours (sorry to pull you into this dude)

Three, shitposting in a shit thread isn't bad, it's just not helping either.

Four, you didn't call me out on anything, you just made an ass of yourself.

ARGHHH I CAN'T REPLY TO EVERYHTING ON A MOBILE PHONE!

Ok, noodles first; sure it adds belivibilty, but how does that make the fame better?

Next guy who's name I don't remember. true, the motivation to upgrade you're light source is nice. But upgrade to what? Candles? Lamps? The all go out. So everything is tedious.

Eternal, I'm on a fucking mobile platform trying to juggle four threads at once, it's not a essay. By trying to bring me down by being a grammar Nazi, you are making YOUR self into a ass.

My post wasn't hard to read, it conveyed it's point with perfectly ledgible grammar, that's all a forum needs.

As for the rest, my basic problem with you (and noodles) is we are ALL EQUALS. you are not a god, I can call you out if it's needed. The fact that you went all up in a bossy fit after I calmly informed you of a mistake indicates a high amount of arrogance.

...Equals, you say?

Nope. You must be in the wrong forum. Here, those who have probed to be rational and knowledgeable are mostly treated as they deserve. And those who have probed their inmaturity and ignorance -as a note, i'm not refering to the fact of not knowing something, but instead, to the fact of not accepting something as a truth with no reasons except "I DONT LIKE THIS"-, are treated as they deserve as well. Equality doesn't applies here. In this forums, you will receibe from the community what you gave in the first place.

...Equals, you say?

Nope. You must be in the wrong forum. Here, those who have probed to be rational and knowledgeable are mostly treated as they deserve. And those who have probed their inmaturity and ignorance -as a note, i'm not refering to the fact of not knowing something, but instead, to the fact of not accepting something as a truth with no reasons except "I DONT LIKE THIS"-, are treated as they deserve as well. Equality doesn't applies here. In this forums, you will receibe from the community what you gave in the first place.

That seems wrong to me. But if that truly is the way these forums work, then fine.

I would however like to continue my discussion about lighting. So, can we set this aside and continue?

welllll, to resume the last thread about lighting, so how bout them Nik-L-Nips?

weelllll, to resume the last thread about lighting, so how bout them Nik-L-Nips?

I wasn't there, what are they?

Sure, just wanted to clear that up.

And about the lighting sources. Yeah, the next tiers would burn out as well. HOWEVER, they would take much longer times to do so, and besides, look much better than the torches. If you thought it's needed, new tiers could as well produce more light than the torch does. And if we go for a tier system similar to the currect one in metalurgy, you could have, as a last tier light source, one that either doesn't ever needs to be replaced -as in, it doesn't burns out-, or it takes so long that you won't have to worry about it at all, 'cause not even your world will gonna last that long. Or, that lighting source is so powerful you will only need one even if you have a giant mansion. Or both.

The tedium is part of the incentive to advance, if you haven't noticed yet. What's best for cooking? your tier 0 fireplace, or your tier 1 forge? What's best for tools? your tier 0 stone tools, or any of the metal tools of superior tiers? What's best for making planks? your tier 0 axe, or your tier 1 saw? Why they are better? TEDIUM. With the forge, cooking becomes much easier, or if you will, much less tedium -exactly, 5 times easier-. With metal tools, you don't have to be making new tools every five seconds -less tedium-, and can access resources you couldn't with stone tools -which is also the reason why you want to advance past the tier 1 metals, and tier 2 metals, and so on-. With the saw, your efficience while making planks gets rised, so ti takes less logs -therefore, less woodcutting; therefore, less work, or tedium- to achieve the same amounts of planks, or more.

TL;DR: The tedium IS needed, because it is the top one of the incentives for the player to advance in the tech tree.

Im still waiting for some one to tell me how torches going out adds to the game anything but realistic tedium.

ok, it adds something to worry about, something to keep you on your toes, most importantly it adds that tiny bit of immersion that can make the game so much better. That is what it would add other than tedium, if you still don't like this idea, then you sir, are a sourpuss.

... Okay, so you won't read my post. Ok, i'm gonna give you what you are asking for. That makes the game more difficult, more selective with the players. If you don't care about replacing your light sources, they will run out eventually, and the bears, wolves, and whatever is out there is gonna get you and eat your face. Don't say the game shouldn't be that selective, 'cause this is one of the aspects it's trying both to get away from the minecraft standar, and a little close to real life: TFC won't forgive your mistakes. You left that ingot in the running fireplace? you have a warming, if you don't pay attention, the metal will just dissapear. MC is too forgiveful, even if you fell in a crevice you would have a way to get back up and act like nothing happened. TFC won't. Period.

Im still waiting for some one to tell me how torches going out adds to the game anything but realistic tedium.

he just said it would add an incentive to advance to the next teir of lighting, just like the low quality of tin tools is an incentive to advance to higher teir metals

also, i think it adds variety so we can have more than just torches lighting up our worlds

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0